If it weren't for the incredible view from their restaurant balcony, we would have left after we checked-in and walked into our room. The rooms are the smallest I've been in for years, and the beds being the worst part of that. They are smaller than a double bed, and the mattress was horrible.
We had a lot of luggage, as have been traveling for a month now, and there was no where to put it... Our stuff was everywhere!!
The service staff were relatively friendly, but dissappinting that they didn't offer any suggestions for activities or sightseeing.
Instead we went to the Best Western around the corner and booked our day tours there as they have a tour desk on site.
As mentioned the view from the terrace if this hotel is amazing! It makes it worth putting up with the bed. As we know no Spanish, we are most of our meals there for 3 days, and the food was great... Reasonable prices too,
You won't help yourself from spending most of the time there hanging over the balcony and looking over the Zocalo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City