Just stayed here for 3 nights while on an escorted tour of Mexico. The hotel was surprisingly good,very wellsituated,right next to the main square, within easy reach of all local shops and restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable,with coffee maker,TV, hairdryer and safe. The beds were extremely comfortable and fantastic shower with plenty of towels, and bottled water supplied. Breakfast was buffet style on the 6th floor of the hotel,with wonderful views over the Cathedral and mainsquare,,and on the balcony a feeded for hummingbirds which we saw often coming to feed - wonderful. Breakfasts consisted of cereals,toast, yogurts, juices,pastries,bread, eggs, bacon, sausages,hash browns and also some mexican specialities like nachos in guacamole, quinoa in corn leaves, chicken with peppers. If you visit the local restaurants, you must try the mexican speciality of Chiles en Nogada - a large mild chilli pepper, stuffed with spiced meat and vegetables and covered in a nutty sauce - it's delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Holiday Inn Zocalo is located in the Main Square of the Historical Center of Mexico City and is the only five star hotel of International prestige in this area.Located in front of the National Palace of Government,Monte de Piedad, and the Metropolitan Cathedral, the hotel is only five minutes from the Bellas Artes Palace, Aztec ruins of the Templo Mayor, San Idelfonso Museum, the Supreme Court of Justice, and is surrounded by museums, theatres, restaurants, stores, handcraft markets and financial centers. The hotel maintains all the importance and grandeur of its colonial building, where Emperor Moctezuma's Palace was located, and later, the residence of the conqueror Hernan Cortes. Today, from the terrace-restaurant to the comfortable suites with amazing views of the Zocalo, you will feel that ancestral glory that Holiday Inn Zocalo preserves with its beautiful interior and modern facilities. The warmest welcome proves why it is another treasure of the Historical Center and heritage of humanity. We are the only hotel with its own parking.For this season we handle many packages to discover the beautiful downtown area, like Turibus & Six Flags . The Holiday Inn Zocalo is the offical hotel of Bellas Artes. Come to visit the new museum Fingerprints of live . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Mexico Zocalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Mexico Zocalo Mexico City