“great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 108 Mexico City B&B and Inns
San Pablo, California
“great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel residence are perfect for business or travel, the area is great to go around, many restaurants for all budgets, rooms are clean,hotel service is very friendly , I hardy recommend. Very nice to walk into a great, fresh, clean, room.when we return to Mexico City Residences D'La Bonita will be are choice. see you soon :)

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel/residences/suites are perfect for business travelers. Great King bed, living area for meetings who are well hidden from private bedroom. Hotel serves a simple breakfast. They do not serve any other meals in the hotel, but the area is loaded with great restaurants for all budgets! Rooms are very clean. The gentleman working the restaurant is very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff is also helpful. The rooftop is beautiful for a little resting after a long day. There is also a small gym, but I did not go there. Remember, this is a business traveler type of hotel. So don't expect a large front lobby area with music, etc.

One thing I did not like is this: They claim to be ecologically green and replace fresh towels only if we leave them on the floor. I never left mine on the floor , but they continued to have new towels daily when I felt that was a bit overboard and also when they advertise to be more environmentally aware. Also, I did not need the room to be cleaned daily (I am a neat person, my room was fine), so I left for work with the Privacy tag on the door knob. However, each evening I found that they entered the room and cleaned. Always nice to walk into a great fresh room, but it was not needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I had the chance to stay here again, and would like to revise my previous rating.
When I returned to Mexico City, my one complaint with this hotel - the shower - was no longer an issue at all. I was in a different room, so I cannot be certain if the issue was limited to a single roomn, or whether it had been dealt with throughout the hotel. As before, the service was excellent in every area. When I return to Mexico City, Residences d'la Bonita will be at the top of my list of places to stay, and I will recommend it to business associates.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Residences d'La Bonita twice, on the recommendation of a trusted business acquiantance. Both times I have found the service to be outstanding, and the location to be perfect - it's in a great part of Mexico City. The attention to detail is high, and there seems to be a reasonably strong focus on security for international guests (a nice touch). The rooms are well-appointed and functional, with all the usual amenities expected in a business-class hotel. I only really have one complaint about the facility: The shower in my 5th-floor room was so weak as to be nearly useless - not even enough pressure to push water through the entire showerhead.

Two other minor observations: 1) The flat-screen TV was tiny - smaller than my computer monitor, and not big enough to be worth watching from that distance (not a big deal for me, as I rarely watch hotel TV anyway). 2) The included breakfast was very good, but I found it a bit unusual that they served no eggs of any sort - not even among the made-to-order items. (???) The coffee was excellent, though, and the service in the small breakfast room was as good as it gets!

I will probably go back to this hotel, as overall it is very nice, the location is excellent, and the staff is wonderfully attentive and highly competent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4.5 of 5 stars 597 reviews
La Valise Hotel
#1 of 295 in Mexico City
5.0 of 5 stars 34 reviews

Been to D'la Bonita? Share your experiences!