“Great value, Great Sights and Good company - Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mexico City Elite Tours

Mexico City Elite Tours
Mexico City, Mexico (Centro)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 51 activities in Mexico City
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Great value, Great Sights and Good company - Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I visited Mexico City for the first time last weekend. I researched tour services and decided to work with Hector because he was extremely responsive by email and he was flexible on times among other things. I changed the time of our meeting at the last minute and he obliged me as well. He arrived at my hotel early, and we proceeded to take a tour of the Centro Historico. It was fantastic! He is extremely knowledgeable about the city, and its history, and pointed out little details that you would ordinarily not even notice. He is obviously appreciative of art and history, and is very knowledgeable about other parts of Mexico as well. We enjoyed great conversation througout our 4 hours or so together, as well as a delicious lunch at Las Sirenas. While I probably could have toured some of the more famous places in Centro Historico on my own, what was invaluable was Hector's depth of knowledge about the details, stories, people, and places that make up the amazing Mexico City and I would not have gotten all those things on my own. His services were a worthy investment and I highly recommend him!

Visited May 2011

Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect walking tour with a knowledgeable and passionate guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I spent a late December morning touring Mexico City with Hector on foot. It was an incredibly interesting and informative experience - Hector tailored the tour so that we could take in all the key sights with a focus on our key areas of interest (history and architecture). We highly recommend that you let Hector show you a slice of the city that you would otherwise never see. Don't miss out!

Visited December 2010
Nanaimo, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Knowledgeable, reliable, interesting guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Hector and his driver took us on a tour to Teotihuacan, Acolman and the Shrine of Guadalupe. All arrangements were made very efficiently and easily on line prior to our visit . We were collected from our hotel at the arranged time. Hector's knowledge of the city, Mexican history and culture, excellent English and sense of humour were very much appreciated.

Visited February 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“The best tour we've ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We hired Hector to be our tour guide on our last trip to Mexico City. Hector took us to Teotihuacan, the monastery at Acolman, and the basilica at Guadalupe. This was the best day we had in Mexico City.

We traveled as a couple with our two young kids and we were worried about whether our kids would be able to keep up with a guide. This was nothing to worry about we soon realized because Hector let us set our own pace and was wonderful with our girls. He talked to them and helped them to understand things too, which made them have a great experience too.

We learned so much on our tour with Hector. It seemed like every question we could think of he knew the answer for it. His english is great and his knowledge of everything that we toured was amazing. I can't recommend him highly enough. If you are in need of a guide, really don't hesitate to use his services. I would be happy to help if anyone has any questions about the tours, Karissa6802@yahoo.com

Safe travels,
Karissa

Visited November 2010
Marin
“Hector Barraza gets five stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Mexico City last week. We had hired guide Hector Barraza, to help us navigate the crowds at the Basilica of the Virgen de Guadalupe, for the big celebration there on December 12. Mr. Barraza turned out to be a jewel--he was a knowledgeable historian; deft language and custom interpreter and translator; shrewd negotiator with the local taxis and merchants; protective bodyguard (actually more a guardian angel), and, ultimately, he became a good friend whose company we thoroughly enjoyed.

Mr. Barraza knows history like a scholarly professor. He knows his way around the city like the native he is, and in addition he is easygoing, resilient and personable. He met our needs and far exceeded our expectations. He was all we could have asked for in a travel guide.

aleximou@comcast.net