“Great location and find” 5 of 5 stars

Plaza Suites Mexico City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Paseo de la Reforma #77, Mexico City 06030, Mexico   |
Ranked #40 of 276 hotels in Mexico City
Atlanta
“Great location and find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Looking for a great value with service and luxury? You found it. I went here for work and found that there are many hidden treasures in the city and this is one of them. We were excited by the staff and did appreciate the not so stuffy teams.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the suite. The rooms are bigger and more to offer, Spend the extra for more.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Me and my family stayed here for 10 days in January visiting Mexico, let me tell you that we would not stay at any other hotel but the Plaza Suites. The hotel is situated on Reforma Avenue not that far from the historic district and zona rosa(which is a big tourist area). The building the hotel is in is mostly condos but the hotel occupies 4 floors p1 p2(which is the 13th floor) p3 and the lobby. The main entrance to the hotel is behind reforma on a side street where there are two security desks with elevators which the one that faces a security booth is where you want to go to get to the lobby.
We stayed in room E213 which is a corner room with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a good size kitchen with a stove and oven and a full size refrigerator and freezer, dining room table and living room. Don't worry about not having pots and pans and plates since all is provided for you, and they provide dish soap and sponge to clean the dishes. The staff is great and will bend over backwards for you, ex. we did not have pot holders for baking so my dad motioned this to the staff and by the time we got back to the room they had gone out and bought pot holders for us.
The room itself is great with plenty of space and amazing views, but there is a down side. 1. Only the bedrooms have ac. 2. Because the room is on a corner and it has so many windows when the sun rises the room tends to heat up very fast so you need to open the windows yo catch a breeze to cool of the room. 3. the hotel is green so everything is energy efficient so to turn on the lights you need to put your room key in a slot next to the door to turn on the power. 4. The washing machine also doubles as a dryer so it takes some time to dry your clothes depending on how many clothes you have.
On the plus side there are many good things about the hotel. 1. It is in a great location with many restaurant near by and a money exchange place just around the corner. 2. When you check in you are given a i pad to use during your stay. 3. The hotel is kid friendly with a play room and a pool. 4. The hotel is very safe with 24 hour security. 5. If you are driving a car or if you want to have family come over for a visit the hotel provides each room with 2 parking spots in the garage which is a huge luxury for any hotel in Mexico City. 6. The staff is very friendly and willing to do anything to improve your stay.

In closing I would like to say that we really enjoyed our stay at the Plaza Suites and we can say that there is no better place to stay in Mexico City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I loved this place. It was excellent all around. I have zero complaints. The suites themselves are the equivalent of a luxury apartment back in the U.S. My one king-bed suite had a full kitchen, two bathrooms, two flatscreen TVs, dining table, bar, washing machine, free wireless and access to every amenity in the building. They pre-stock the room with snacks, liquor and other beverages for a fee if you wish to indulge. There is also room service from 1pm-11pm with a nice menu. I had breakfast at the on-site restaurant my last morning there and the food was great.

It's located on a busy street so expect to hear the typical traffic noises you would in Chicago or NYC during the day, but at night after rush-hour the noise basically disappears. There are a number of things to do/eat within walking distance and getting a cab at any hour of the day/night is not a problem. The front desk and staff is bi-lingual and will do anything they can to make your stay a good one. They also arranged a private car airport pick-up and drop-off for an additional fee which I would recommend if you're arriving/leaving really late at night.

I will continue to stay here as long as I continue to come back to Mexico City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great little hotel in the middle of Reforma, next to the Meridian, and across from El FIesta!
The breakfast at the hotel was amazing every day!
We had a gorgeous 1 bedroom apartment that suited us to a T.
The only downside is that they don't have a variety of tours, but that isn't a problem as you can book on www.viator.com and they will collect you from El Fiesta across the road.
Also, the taxis are extremely expensive- more than double the price. So, just request for them to call you a yellow cab.
Mexico is by no means a quiet city, so don't expect peace and tranquility.
The staff are generally fantastic and helpful.
Also you need to be aware that most people don't speak English, but are happy to try.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PSMEX, Sales Manager at Plaza Suites Mexico City, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Miss SashSA,

Thank you very much for sharing your review of Plaza Suites Mexico City!
We are very glad you had a good time and we would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Mexico City.

We are pleased to inform you that we do have Tour Services available on our electronic concierge service set on the Ipads we lend our guests during their stays.

Our taxi service rate might be higher then average, because its provided with luxury cars and safety and quality are granted to our guests, however we are very happy to call a regular yellow cab company as well.

Thank you for staying at Plaza Suites Mexico City!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great place! Wonderful and veery spacious rooms with all services (full kitchen included). I loved the friendly staff, they are always willing to help you. It is very well located and even has a large pool! I definitely will come back and recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Checked in, taken to the wrong wing after a 15 hour flight. Back to the lobby, up to another room. Unfortunately it was ten degrees cooler outside on the street than in the room. Be aware.... All the suites ONLY HAVE AC IN THE BEDROOM. There is no ac in kitchens, bathrooms or living/dining area. I asked the manager for another room with working ac, he said only that he would send someone to check my ac. The technician came And said it was working, she agreed they only blow cool air not cold air. By 9 pm it was still over 80 degrees in all rooms and completely uncomfortable for sleeping. We never used the living area because once we established the ac in the bedroom was running at 20% capacity we shut the door and stayed in there. So, while we paid for a suite we only got to use a bedroom.

The phone did not work, and despite asking housekeeping about it, every time we needed to immune ate to the front desk we had to ride the elevator Down 20 floors.

While this hotel is stylish, no ac in Mexico City is a complete deal breaker most f the year. Won't be back r recommend it. Maybe if they had tried to accommodate us and moved us to another room it would have at least LOOKED Like they were trying to be hospitable but that never happened.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plaza S, Manager at Plaza Suites Mexico City, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to make this review, since all comments help us become better. We are very truly sorry you had to experience problems with your AC in the suite. I am familiar with your case and have checked the date of your stay.
According to our system registrations and our staff, you were offered a change of room which you kindly accepted. We moved you to the east tower, and you were provided with a fan so that you and your pet would be more comfortable. The AC problem in that suite has been fixed and is now working. We assure you that in Plaza Suites we take complaints very seriously and we always do our best effort to make them feel at home.
We apologize again for the inconveniences you experienced and we hope you can give us sometime soon another chance.
Kind Regards,
Nogales, Sonora, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I chose this hotel based primarily on the 25 meter swimming pool, but was amazed by the value. Good security, nice breakfasts, a full kitchen in my room (which, unfortunately, I never utilized), and the friendliest, most helpful front desk staff I think I've run across. Only 3 of the 20+ floors of this building are dedicated to hotel rooms, and the staff seems to bend over backwards to take care of your needs. The gym is small but perfectly adequate, the facilities generally clean and modern, the rooms quite large and nice, good television service, and a good location with a large variety of restaurants and night clubs within a 15 minute walk of the hotel. I spent 6 weeks there and really could not say enough good things about my stay. The pool, while only 2 lanes, was everything I'd hoped for - clean, the right temperature (usually) for swimming laps, and generally available when I was looking to use it (around 6am before I went to work). I checked out several other hotel pools in the area during my stay, and no one else could come close. No other pool was long enough to get a decent workout. If I ever get back to DF, I'll definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Plaza Suites Mexico City? Share your experiences!