“Excellent Luxury for Money. Excellent Property. Loved It.” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #32 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Luxury for Money. Excellent Property. Loved It.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I loved this place. It was excellent all around. I have zero complaints. The suites themselves are the equivalent of a luxury apartment back in the U.S. My one king-bed suite had a full kitchen, two bathrooms, two flatscreen TVs, dining table, bar, washing machine, free wireless and access to every amenity in the building. They pre-stock the room with snacks, liquor and other beverages for a fee if you wish to indulge. There is also room service from 1pm-11pm with a nice menu. I had breakfast at the on-site restaurant my last morning there and the food was great.

It's located on a busy street so expect to hear the typical traffic noises you would in Chicago or NYC during the day, but at night after rush-hour the noise basically disappears. There are a number of things to do/eat within walking distance and getting a cab at any hour of the day/night is not a problem. The front desk and staff is bi-lingual and will do anything they can to make your stay a good one. They also arranged a private car airport pick-up and drop-off for an additional fee which I would recommend if you're arriving/leaving really late at night.

I will continue to stay here as long as I continue to come back to Mexico City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great little hotel in the middle of Reforma, next to the Meridian, and across from El FIesta!
The breakfast at the hotel was amazing every day!
We had a gorgeous 1 bedroom apartment that suited us to a T.
The only downside is that they don't have a variety of tours, but that isn't a problem as you can book on www.viator.com and they will collect you from El Fiesta across the road.
Also, the taxis are extremely expensive- more than double the price. So, just request for them to call you a yellow cab.
Mexico is by no means a quiet city, so don't expect peace and tranquility.
The staff are generally fantastic and helpful.
Also you need to be aware that most people don't speak English, but are happy to try.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PSMEX, Sales Manager at Plaza Suites Mexico City, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Miss SashSA,

Thank you very much for sharing your review of Plaza Suites Mexico City!
We are very glad you had a good time and we would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Mexico City.

We are pleased to inform you that we do have Tour Services available on our electronic concierge service set on the Ipads we lend our guests during their stays.

Our taxi service rate might be higher then average, because its provided with luxury cars and safety and quality are granted to our guests, however we are very happy to call a regular yellow cab company as well.

Thank you for staying at Plaza Suites Mexico City!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great place! Wonderful and veery spacious rooms with all services (full kitchen included). I loved the friendly staff, they are always willing to help you. It is very well located and even has a large pool! I definitely will come back and recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Checked in, taken to the wrong wing after a 15 hour flight. Back to the lobby, up to another room. Unfortunately it was ten degrees cooler outside on the street than in the room. Be aware.... All the suites ONLY HAVE AC IN THE BEDROOM. There is no ac in kitchens, bathrooms or living/dining area. I asked the manager for another room with working ac, he said only that he would send someone to check my ac. The technician came And said it was working, she agreed they only blow cool air not cold air. By 9 pm it was still over 80 degrees in all rooms and completely uncomfortable for sleeping. We never used the living area because once we established the ac in the bedroom was running at 20% capacity we shut the door and stayed in there. So, while we paid for a suite we only got to use a bedroom.

The phone did not work, and despite asking housekeeping about it, every time we needed to immune ate to the front desk we had to ride the elevator Down 20 floors.

While this hotel is stylish, no ac in Mexico City is a complete deal breaker most f the year. Won't be back r recommend it. Maybe if they had tried to accommodate us and moved us to another room it would have at least LOOKED Like they were trying to be hospitable but that never happened.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plaza S, Manager at Plaza Suites Mexico City, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate you taking the time to make this review, since all comments help us become better. We are very truly sorry you had to experience problems with your AC in the suite. I am familiar with your case and have checked the date of your stay.
According to our system registrations and our staff, you were offered a change of room which you kindly accepted. We moved you to the east tower, and you were provided with a fan so that you and your pet would be more comfortable. The AC problem in that suite has been fixed and is now working. We assure you that in Plaza Suites we take complaints very seriously and we always do our best effort to make them feel at home.
We apologize again for the inconveniences you experienced and we hope you can give us sometime soon another chance.
Kind Regards,
Nogales, Sonora, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I chose this hotel based primarily on the 25 meter swimming pool, but was amazed by the value. Good security, nice breakfasts, a full kitchen in my room (which, unfortunately, I never utilized), and the friendliest, most helpful front desk staff I think I've run across. Only 3 of the 20+ floors of this building are dedicated to hotel rooms, and the staff seems to bend over backwards to take care of your needs. The gym is small but perfectly adequate, the facilities generally clean and modern, the rooms quite large and nice, good television service, and a good location with a large variety of restaurants and night clubs within a 15 minute walk of the hotel. I spent 6 weeks there and really could not say enough good things about my stay. The pool, while only 2 lanes, was everything I'd hoped for - clean, the right temperature (usually) for swimming laps, and generally available when I was looking to use it (around 6am before I went to work). I checked out several other hotel pools in the area during my stay, and no one else could come close. No other pool was long enough to get a decent workout. If I ever get back to DF, I'll definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We a family of four with two teenagers had a two bedroomed suit which was very comfortable for us. master bedroom had a kingsize bed with one of the best matresses i have slept on in a hotel. The second bedrom had two separate beds so the kids were comfortable too. Living room/ dining room/kitchen was more than big enough for us.If you expect to stay in a busy hotel with a grand hotel entrance and people moving up and down all the time, this is not the place. This is basically a tall building as you can see from the picture, where most of the floors are flats/suits for permanent living and only 4 floors are occupied by the hotel. The entrance can be difficult to find as it does not look like a hotel entrance. You enter and have to take the lift to third(?) floor where reseption, swimming pool etc. are situated. The hotel suits are situated on 12th, 13th and 23rd floor. The location is facing one of the main avenues in Mexico City and even though we did not hear so much of the normal traffic we frequently heard the sirens from the police and ambulances.During our stay there were also frequent demonstrations that closed down the street. Much of this was related to the elections that took place at the time.However Sunday morning is very quiet as the A. Paseo de la Reforma is closed for cars up to 2pm. The street is the full of people bicycling and running, use the opportunity to go for a walk in the middle of the street! A nice touch by the hotel is that you can borrow free of charge an i-pad while you stay at the hotel. Wi-fi was a bit on and of but they were upgrading it at the time so hopefully it will be better. We booked a tour and a taxi through the hotel reception and they were very helpful. Just make sure you get the full price when you ask as they add their commission to your bill ! Usually I thought they should get their commission from the tour company? We also had an issue that they charged us for coffee in the room which was not correct but we dicovered it too late so we had to pay for it. Indoor swimming pool and gym is ok and was never full of people.The price is a bit on the upper side and it was also quite a bit more expensive than what was confirmed by our booking agent booking.com. It was claimed that it was due to exchange rates etc. but on checking the rates we did not find så big difference so lust be aware.

Room Tip: I assume that there will be less noice from the street higher up and if I go there again I would req...