“Excellent Culinary Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 91 Activities in Mexico City
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat Mexico offers small, private food tours of Mexico City. Want to taste the best tacos or street food, or explore Mexican markets? We'll show you the way!
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Excellent Culinary Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

As someone who works as a culinary tour guide myself, I appreciate that running a great food tour is not easy. My wife and I had the pleasure to be guided by Anais and she did a great job. She took us along at a pace that suited us and gave us plenty of chances to steer the direction of the tour according to our particular interests. The food was very varied (we tried *loads* of different things) and Anais was always ready with explanations and interesting information which enhanced the experience. I also received excellent recommendations for other things to do while in Mexico City and I found the admin side of things (payment, booking, etc) to be very smooth and efficient. Top marks!

Hong Kong
“A Delicious Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you want to have a deep dive into food culture in Mexico City, this is the thing to do. Our guides Paco and Anais were very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and flexible. We explored street food, tacos and markets in a taylor made tour. Churros, seafood tostadas, tacos al pastor and fresh juices, a pulqueria and many other experiences were on the programm, everything very local and not touristy. Extremely well organized, a phantastic experience which we would repeat anytime!

Visited June 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great walking tour of Puebla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We did the walking tour of Puebla (Taste of Puebla) with Aleyn. The tour was very enjoyable, especially for my parents who had never been to the central part of Mexico before this trip. Aleyn was very knowledgable and very enthusiastic about the food and about Puebla. She had the right touch to convince my parents to eat things I couldn't get them to eat and she pleasantly chatted with them about all sorts of topics. Even for me and my boyfriend who live in Mexico City and have visited Puebla before, the tour provided us with some interesting tips (we loved the cemitas at the mercado -- great spot!). I was worried about the cost of the tour, but given that we were four people, the discounted price ended up being okay (mainly for foreigners who receive a non-Mexican wage, which is who this tour is designed for). Nevertheless, if you are curious about poblano food and have a limited amount of time, this tour is really worth it. Also, I think it's important to think more about the service you are getting in more holistic terms -- these individuals are sharing specific knowledge with you and in a language that might not be their first one. It's like someone who repairs watches -- it's not the time you are paying for to have your watch repaired, it's the expertise.

Vancouver, Canada
80 attraction reviews
“Double yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We've done Food tours in NYC, Chicago, etc....and this one was great. Aurturo was our guide, he loves his job and is a huge asset to the company, knew his foods, told stories about the area, and talked about himself. We were totally stuffed by the end, with so many delicious street foods to eat. I LOVED the burritos stuffed with squash blossoms. My husband LOVED the tamales. The neighbourhood was great, wonderful guide, yummy food. Hopefully will be back some day and do one of their other tours.

carolina
“Not a touristy tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

From start to finish this was a great experience. Lydia, who helped book the tour, went above and beyond to make it happen and to keep me informed along the way. Paco, who was our guide, was also very informative and genuinely excited to share his knowledge. I took the late night taco and mezcal tour as a solo female traveler and the only other person was also a solo female traveler. It is the only tour I took (I am not a tour taker) and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a little taste of where the locals go but may not have the time or knowledge to find it on your own. This was day 1 of my 2 week adventure and it was a great way to start it off. I look forward to taking it again.

Visited June 2014