“Plenty of food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 91 Activities in Mexico City
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat Mexico offers small, private food tours of Mexico City. Want to taste the best tacos or street food, or explore Mexican markets? We'll show you the way!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Plenty of food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I really enjoyed exploring the markets and the food of Mexico City with Paco. My fave food was the Tostedos and Quesadillas. I was also impressed with the markets. The only warning that I would like to give is that IT wAS PLENTY of FOOD. so, join this tour with empty stomach.

Visited May 2013

“Wonderful food tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Such an enjoyable tour I decided to do two. There is a lot of food, a lot!! When they advise a light meal before the tour, I think they mean no food for the entire day before your tour. Paco was my friendly and knowledgable tour guide who was able to speak of the history, culture, and traditions of Mexico and of the food and drink we consumed, as well as the economic and social issues of the country. The company was very efficient and helpful in organizing the tours. I highly recommend the Market Food Tour, the markets were foodie heaven, and the Late Night Taco and Mezcal Tour.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“A great way to explore Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Taco Tour that we (5 of us from Australia) did recently with Paco was fantastic. It was a great way to begin our trip to Mexico - especially the trip to the outdoor market (tianquis). Our guide Paco was excellent - as it was only the 5 of us, he was happy to enable us to explore the Jardin del Arte next to the Tianquis, and even helped a couple of my friends purchase a piece of Mexican art. Each of the taco's that we tried we really different. The last place that we went to El Tizincito at the corner of Tamaulipas and Campeche Streets, Hipódromo, Cuauhtémoc, Mexico City, were by far the best Taco's that we tried. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“An amazing mexican experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

During our time in Mexico City we decided to take the 'Street Food Tour'. We arrived early in the morning entirely famished and by lunchtime we were both as full as we have ever been and entirely satisfied having gorged on everything from Tacos to Burritos and a lot more inbetween. Our guide, Natalie, was excellent having really good English and an amazing amount of information at her finger tips not just on Mexican food but also the life of a Chilango. I cannot recommend this tour enough and if there is one thing you do whilst in Mexico City it is this.

Visited May 2013
Sunnyvale, California
26 attraction reviews
“A must experience for any foodie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This company was easy to deal with and the tour itself was exceptional. I will be using this guide company every time I visit Mexico City. Here are the details:

I took my mother on vacation to Mexico City the week before Easter. She has a few mobility imitations but she was accommodated easily and this ended up being her favorite tour. There was even an issue with the timing because many of the usual vendors were closed for the Easter holiday week. We thought we may have to skip this tour but Rebekah was quick to smooth everything over before our arrival date and followed up after to make sure we had a great time.

Our tour guide was Paco. He is very warm, professional, and most importantly a foodie himself. His passion for not just the food but the various vendors who make it all happen are evident from the first few minutes of the tour. He wasn't just informative like you would expect from an experienced guide, he asked about our preferences with genuine interest and was able to make the tour feel very personal for both of us. This extra effort and attention to detail is what really made the experience memorable for this discerning consumer.

We tried a wide variety of food and everything had the authentic depth of flavor that I was hoping for on a tour like this of street food in DF. For adventurous eaters there are many options to satisfy your palate like a legit streetside biriria or tacos with brain to name just a few. My favorite was a steamed cochinita pibil taco that must be tried! My mothers favorite was a simple but flavorful sope filled with beans and cheese.

We even toured a local market and if our hotel room had a kitchen, I would have done some shopping. Paco also took the time to ask us about the rest of or plans and made some fantastic activity/restaurant recommendations for the rest of our vacation.

In summary I would recommend this tour company to anyone looking for an authentic street food experience from a local business that is customer focused. It was easy to book and represented great value. If you are lucky enough to have Paco as your guide you are guaranteed to have a memorable experience.

Visited March 2013