“fantastic apartments and great service!” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Lombardo Suites
Victor Hugo 60, Mexico City 11590, Mexico   |
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“fantastic apartments and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was attending a conference at the Camino Real, but I thought the accommodation there was too pricey, so booked a room here instead. It's fantastic value for money-large rooms with a small kitchen, a living area, desk, bathroom, free wi fi. Location was excellent for the conference, literally next door. Very comfortable beds, great service, and someone at reception 24 hours a day which made me feel very secure. They were also very helpful on my last day when I had a night flight home by allowing me to wash and change in the evening even after I had checked out that morning.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Literally having your own place in Mexico City.
I have visited this city several times but I could never book this place because is mostly sold out all the time, and now I know why.
Perfect location in the heart of polanco district, staff is truly concerned an cares about you, especially Magdaleno, he goes out of his way to help!
Studios are sparkling clean and stylish, with all the comfort to make a business or pleasure stay perfect.

My new home when teaveling to Mexico City!

• Stayed August 2014
Tulum, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

lombardo suites its a great place to stay , i stayed for 10 days , and for the zone it is located the price is very reasonable, place is clean and staff is great , very safe in my opinion , good quality bed,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at Lombardo for 6 nights from the 18th Dec with my girlfriend. We then went on to The Gran Hotel for 3 nights and was planning to stay another 9 nights at The Emporio hotel but as we liked Lombardo I checked to see if there were any free apartments on booking.com. Luckily there was one apartment and the lady at Lombardo allowed us to return and keep the same room. We also left some of our luggage there whilst we went to the Gran Hotel. We liked the self catering aspect and the room was spacious. The only slight improvement would be the shower as the water would often run cold after 10 minutes or so therefore for two seperate showers we would have to wait until it warmed up again. We were told that the boiler only had so much water but other than that it was a good place to stay. Kitchen was well stocked with crockery and cutlery and there was a maid service who did the rooms every day. Staff were very helpful although only one woman spoke English. This didn't really matter to us as I have a reasonable level of Spanish and my girlfriend is fluent in spanish. Didn't hear much noise from other apartments although I doubt if the rooms are totally sound proofed. I would recommend and was in a good area 10 minutes walk from metro, taxes are cheap anyway but a lot of the drivers don't know the way around their own city. Gym was basic compared to other hotels with 3 running/walking machines but I didn't go away to use a gym every day.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22 which was away from the main road. No balcony with this room but probably quite...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Lombardo Suites was a most pleasant surprise. After 20 years of coming to Mexico City on business, I found the perfect spot for extended stays. While there is no sexy lobby bar, the roof deck cannot be beat for a great place to chill for a BYO cocktail. Here are the benefits of staying at his spot:
1. Half the price of the best corporate rates I could find.
2. Perfect location on the border between Polanco and Nuevo Anzures neighborhoods, and right around the corner from the iconic Camino Real Hotel. Close to everything, including Liverpool department store, numerous restaurants in Polanco, a stones throw from La Condesa neighborhood, and two blocks away from the Chapultepec Park when entering from the scenic Campos Eliseos, and this is exactly where there is an excellent jogging/walking trail through the park.
3. The rooms are very large, actually like a big studio apartment, with fully loaded kitchenette, working desk, lounge area, super-comfy bed, cable TV, lots of closet space and a huge bathroom.
4. The staff is exceedingly kind and friendly.
5. Safe, underground parking.

Yes, Lombardo Suites is a winner all around, but be sure to book in advance, as their popularity has grown, so has the demand for the rooms. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from Victor Hugo Street to minimize noise exposure.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lombardo Suites? Share your experiences!