This hotel had it all. Sleek, modern rooms with ample space, great beds, and gorgeous, luxurious marble baths. It's attached to Anatol, the restaurant next door that also supplies breakfast. We are foodies, and our meals there were high-end, home-made, and delicious. The location is walking distance to great shopping, Chapultepec Park, and places of Jewish interest.
But the true, outstanding difference is in the friendly, professional, warm and willing customer service. Mr. Aaron Caballero Varela was the concierge that looked out for us, answered all of our questions, knew the city well, and helped us make the most of our vacation. For example, when I wanted to buy tickets to Ballet Folklorico, he did not direct me to the ticket seller. He sent a staff member with me, both to show me the way and to ensure I got the seats I wanted. Laura and Leo were other superior customer servants whom I remember. Las Alcobas is a highly rated tripadvisor hotel, and it deserves every honor.
One special note. After years of searching, we found the world's greatest cup of hot chocolate here. When we asked if we could learn the secret of this winning treat, Aaron set up a cooking lesson for us. For 1500 pesos (about $120 US), we had a one-hour professional lesson with Mayra Victoria, the bi-lingual pastry chef. She taught us how to make home-made marshmallows, and she taught us the chocolate ganache recipe that took ten years to perfect! The cooking lesson became one of our most memorable parts of the trip.
Thanks to the staff at Las Alcobas, our first choice for a great Mexico City vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to resemble a private residence, Las Alcobas has unique features that lavishly exude warmth and comfort, hand-selected details to enhance and enliven your senses, and the calm serenity of being at ease in your environment… These are the ingredients to a refined Mexico City hotel experience. For business and leisure travelers, its 35 guestrooms and suites reflect the hotel’s commitment to quality and the highest level of attentive service imbued with unparalleled comfort with luxurious accommodations that await you in Mexico City in state of the arts guestrooms and exceptional bathrooms. Las Alcobas, a small luxury grand hotel in Mexico City, is composed of both architectural as well as aesthetic exquisiteness, while simultaneously offering the utmost service with its symphonic melding of personalized amenities, including two restaurants, and complete attentiveness to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Las Alcobas Mexico DF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Alcobas Mexico Df Hotel Mexico City
- Las Alcobas Mexico DF Mexico City