Las Alcobas is the perfect way to stay in Mexico City. The rooms were designed with detail in mind, and it shows. I stayed in the corner king room for a week with work. The room is smaller than what you might expect by US hotel room standards, but they are extremely well designed. The king bed was extremely soft with feather pillows and amazing smelling sheets. The lights, air conditioning and drapes are controlled by a screen on the phone; this was a nice touch. The wood used throughout the rooms is sleek and modern. The mini bar was fully stocked with snacks and non alcoholic drinks that were free.
The best parts for me were the bathroom and the breakfast. The bathroom is something to behold. The marble walls and fixtures make it feel rich. I still miss the shower which feels like a waterfall raining down on you. The toilet also has some European/Asia style amenities, which are not necessary but a nice surprise nonetheless.
The breakfast area is immaculately decorated. The waiters are well trained, polite and attentive. The front room with the window is a little warm in the morning, but this is hardly worth complaining about. I was never disappointed with the food. I tried the omelette, the yogurt and the french toast. They made my coffee just the way I like it each day and remembered my preference of fresh squeezed OJ.
The front desk staff is polite, knowledgable, and willing to go the extra mile to make your stay special and amazing. Everything I needed, whether is was extra hangers, dry cleaning a dress, a place near by to get something light to eat, arranging a taxi to go see a sight or going over my bill on the last day to make sure all was in order, they were patient and attentive in seeing to the request. I felt like I was in a home away from home here. Hotels in the US could take a page from Las Alcobas.
I will definitely be making my way back to Las Alcobas in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to resemble a private residence, Las Alcobas has unique features that lavishly exude warmth and comfort, hand-selected details to enhance and enliven your senses, and the calm serenity of being at ease in your environment… These are the ingredients to a refined Mexico City hotel experience. For business and leisure travelers, its 35 guestrooms and suites reflect the hotel’s commitment to quality and the highest level of attentive service imbued with unparalleled comfort with luxurious accommodations that await you in Mexico City in state of the arts guestrooms and exceptional bathrooms. Las Alcobas, a small luxury grand hotel in Mexico City, is composed of both architectural as well as aesthetic exquisiteness, while simultaneously offering the utmost service with its symphonic melding of personalized amenities, including two restaurants, and complete attentiveness to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Alcobas Mexico DF reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Alcobas Mexico Df Hotel Mexico City
- Las Alcobas Mexico DF Mexico City