“SIMPLY PUT, THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Las Alcobas Mexico DF

You added Las Alcobas Mexico DF to your Saves list
Las Alcobas Mexico DF
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Presidente Masaryk 390A | Col. Polanco, Mexico City 11560, Mexico (Polanco)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Relax & Retreat Package
Ranked #1 of 286 Hotels in Mexico City
Medellin, Colombia
“SIMPLY PUT, THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the moment you walk in, you never want to leave!!!! I will not stay anywhere else when I come to visit family in mexico! The bed makes you want to sleep, the sound system in the room makes you wanna wake up and party, the shower ensures you leave with wrinkly toes! The attention to detail is outstanding!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LasAlcobasDF, Director of Sales at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your wonderful comments. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Las Alcobas in the near future hoping you consider us as your “home away from home” when you are traveling to Mexico City.
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had an incredible 4 night stay at this swank, boutique hotel. The rooms were lovely, and the space is beyond well done. The location is fantastic. The neighborhood is worth a tour. The bed was delicious to sleep in, and the staff were incredibly helpful. The attention to detail will not disappoint any experienced four-star traveler. Top notch!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LasAlcobasDF, Director of Sales at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm not sure what I can add that hasn't already been shared, so I'll just restate: This hotel is wonderful. Simply perfect. It's located in a fantastic neighborhood. It was my first time in Mexico City, and I must admit I was a little nervous. But when I arrived at the Las Alcobas hotel, and walked around the area, my fears quickly disappeared. Now, to the hotel: Rooms are unbelievably comfortable and clean. The free snacks and soft drinks in the room is a wonderful perk. Wifi was top notch. The staff was fantastic. From the moment I walked through the front door I felt well taken care of. I very much look forward to a return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful time.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you are wanting a gym or a pool or the facilities of a large chain hotel Las Alcobas is not for you. If you are looking for a great small hotel where the decor and attention to detail is the best around this hotel is a must.

On top of thr wonderful decor the service is some of the best I have experienced nothing is too much trouble and everything is done with such ease. The location in the city is also a real positive with plenty of good restaurants and high class shops on the doorstep. There is no restaurant in the hotel but the breakfast is al la carte and there is a great restaurant round the corner called Dulce Patria.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LasAlcobasDF, Director of Sales at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review!

We are glad you enjoyed Dulce Patria which is part of Las Alcobas. In addition, we are about to open our second restaurant called Anatol.Opening in May 2013 to complement the hotel with a small bar and function space. Acclaimed Chef Justin Ermini has created a concept inspired in international dishes with a focus in farm to table ingredients. The space will combine an elegant setting yet casual and cosmopolitan ambiance. Hope you can join us soon!

Best Regards,
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at Las Alcobas DF for six nights. The hotel is beautiful; there is attention to every detail; rooms are very comfortable; the staff is exceptional, and even the WIFI works perfectly. The hotel is located in the posh Polanco neighborhood and is close to some of the best restaurants and retail in Mexico City. Really, this is special place to stay.

Room Tip: We were on the front facing Aveneda Masaryk and never heard the street noises. The room was quiet a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your wonderful comments!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

After many trips to Mexico City, I decided to stay at the #1 rated hotel for one night, just because at this juncture....I deserved it, plus it was a trip to celebrate a monumental birthday with my best friend of many, many years. The night we arrived, I got very sick. The next morning, a doctor was called, and arrived with a real little black doctor's bag and I felt like Shirley Temple or some unfortunate heroine in a LIFETIME movie. The bottom line is - this is a fine, magnificent hotel. I felt safe, cared for, in good hands. I could not have asked for more. It is a beautiful property, with a stupendous manager and staff. We stayed for three nights instead of one and if I had to be sick in bed, I was grateful to be in such a lovely hotel that took care of me with class, style and intelligence. The neighborhood is grand, as is every aspect of this special gem of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
LasAlcobasDF, Director of Sales at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope your journey back home was pleasant and smooth and that you are feeling much better.
Even though you were sick, we appreciate your comments and this nice review.
Le Sentier, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the Hotel and was greeted in the room by my butler with a very original local drink made with raspberries and chilies that already set the tone for a great stay.
The hotel feels young, comfortable and hip but what impressed me the most were the small Mexican touches in the service, the decor and amenities in the room. If you look into the Minibar you won't find the customary Toblerone and Pringles chips, but candies, chips and chocolates that are staples of Mexican's Pop culture.
When the breakfast was brought to the room I was surprised with how good the fruit salad was! They add coconut milk and coconut flakes that make it quite different from a conventional one.
At check out I left my luggage in storage and no ticket was given to me... The message was loud and clear: "- We know who you are, you don't need a ticket." LOVED IT.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We deeply appreciate your time to write such a great review and we are glad you liked the little details that make us "different".

Hotel Management

Been to Las Alcobas Mexico DF? Share your experiences!