“Does the job but slow to check in/out” 3 of 5 stars
Review of NH Mexico City Airport T2

You added NH Mexico City Airport T2 to your Saves list
NH Mexico City Airport T2
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Capitan Carlos Leon Gonzalez s/n | Terminal 2, Benito Juarez International Airport, Mexico City 15620, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
5% EXTRA DISCOUNT
Ranked #51 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Cancun, Mexico
“Does the job but slow to check in/out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

The hotel is brand new and is still in good shape, too expensive for what it is, however the low maintenance is starting to show as with the rest of NH properties.
The ckeck in and out is ridiculously slow, particularly if you need a printed invoice or a tax Factura, considering that is an airport hotel you need to allow time to wait, too few front desk staff and clumsy system, big downside.
They have a small Gym with running machine directly against a glass wall, so be careful if you are planning to use it.
Overall is just OK, will recommend it because you don't have any other options on that terminal.

Room Tip: Just stay away from the lifts, rooms are quite
Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

This hotel is right there in the Mexico City terminal 2 airport. The location saves a lot of travel time and unnecessary hassle. The rooms were nice but the entire hotel was dark and dreary. The breakfast spread was the only cheerful part. Even the internet was not free. But still, the location makes up for everything if you are transiting.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

When dealing with inconvenient layovers in MEX or unexpected travel surprises (like delays and cancelations), hotels inside the terminal can be a real savior. Mexico city int'l has 3 such hotels: The Camino Real, the Hilton and the NH. The Hilton has great service but the hotel is in serious need of a renovation and I've had a number of run ins with Bed Bugs theres which has forced me to steer clear. I haven't stayed at the Camino, but friends have said that for the price it is very tired and in need of a face-lift and some deep cleaning. This leaves the NH in terminal 2. My summary:

The NH is new, clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The service is extremely poor. I had to wait from 9:30PM until 10:15PM in to check in. It would be one thing if the lines were long, but there were only 3 people in front of me. The amount of time it took to get people checked in was baffling. Suffice to say those of us waiting were tired and less than pleased. The room service was similar - the staff at the front desk informed me that they would have timely room service in them morning as the restaurant did not open until 6AM (IE when everyone's early flights leave). I put in my request for an early coffee and breakfast. When it did not arrive the next morning on time, I figured they'd just be a bit late. A few minutes before I left the room to make my flight, I got a call asking if I still wanted the room service I'd ordered. I kindly stated no and took the time to have it removed from my bill. No one was rude and the rooms again, were very clean and comfortable. I guess I was just disappointed that such a decent operation had such poor service.

I will stay at the NH again as the rooms are by far the nicest. I will not however plan on expecting any decent service from the staff any time soon.

If the Hilton ever gets renovated and they can get the biting bugs under control, then I'll be back there in a heartbeat. They have great staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We booked at this hotel on the way back from Huatulco to Italy because we arrived at Ciudad de Mexico at 8 p.m. and we had a flight at 10 a.m. on the next morning.

At final out flight was cancelled and we stayed there for 2 nights, so I could comment a bit more deeply.

The hotel is new and modern and it is very nice. It is a big hotel (287 rooms) with a perfect noise isolation, so very good quality sleep.
Room are modern and very clean.

It is a bit pricy but it is perfect to stay onenight before taking a flight.

The problem is the service, very far from professional and good level.

The swimming pool, on every advertising of the hotel are closed.

Breakfast is until 12 but on our first day at 11.20 it was closed because they had a lunch...

Business center close at 9 p.m.and open at 9 a.m., not so udeful for a hotel where often people stay for one night.

You have to pay for everything even it is yet pricy. They charge you for internet connection (in Mexico always it is free), for coffee maker in the room, for bottle of water (always complimentary). They blocked 180 euros on my credit card as a grant for minibar etcetera and they didn't gave me minibar key (yes, it has a key...)

As a resume I say it is very good for one night because you can find a very good and quite room, but don't expect a high level service.

I don't recommend their restaurant, go down on arrival level and have a wonderful dinner at "La Mansion"!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I really enjoyed staying here. Having read the bad reviews on this site I was dreading staying here but since we had an early flight from Terminal 2 we didn't want to waste 20 mins getting there from the other hotels. I cannot understand the bad reviews. The hotel is lovely, check-in staff were charming, the room was large, clean, and modern, the beds were very comfortable. Good bathroom. Good working air-conditioning. Lovely open-air pool and 24hr gym. We arrived mid- evening and had eaten on the plane and had an early morning flight so we didn't need the restaurant so I can't comment on the food. The checkout was speedy and efficient, and complimentary coffee in the lobby was available. The Camino Real is horrible - rooms are tired and drab in comparison, and staff charge huge corkage if you want to open your own bottle of wine. The pool is pathetic and indoors, which is awful on a lovely day. I would not stay there again unless I had very early T1 flight. The Fiesta Americana is offsite with outdoor pool and decent restaurant with decent rooms and I would rather stay there than Camino Real if leaving at a reasonable hour from Terminal 1.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

The only reason I stayed in this hotel was because I had an early layover the following day. Hotel is inside the airport, thus, super convienient. It is new an nicely decorated in a modern, cool style. Rooms are large and spacey with trendy decor. Bathroom was big with a huge shower. Those were the nice things.

The bad things: no Internet in the room, sheets had holes in it, front desk wasn't very responsive, check out line super long and super slow, they didn't have an adaptor for my European cord, you would think hotel at the airport should expect international travelers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I have had the good fortune to stay in some very fine hotels over the years - think Sofitel in Lyons and Marseilles and The Carlyle in New York - so I can state quite truthfully that this is a very good hotel. Definitely not as grand as the trio of very fine establishments mentioned, but very sleek in its own way. NH hotels have their own unique personalities. I have stayed in the ones in Puebla and Mexico City (Zona Rosa) and have always come away from my visits generally well-pleased.

NH Aeropuerto is the perfect place to stay when you have an early morning flight as I did. You literally are 5 minutes walk to the check-in counters in Terminal 2. The room was immaculate. Lots of attention to detail in the decor. The bed was extremely comfortable and a welcome change from the usual hard-as-concrete mattresses and pillows which seem to be standard issue in most Mexican hotels. Bathroom was gorgeous with separate bath and shower facilities. 59 channels on the 32" LCD floated my boat.

The service was quiet and efficient from check-in to checkout. Good value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to NH Mexico City Airport T2? Share your experiences!