“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Phoenix
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I was lucky enough to get the suggest to try this hotel from a taxi driver upon arriving at the airport for an impromptu leisure trip to Mexico City. The service is absolutely amazing. On one of my nights stay I was feeling a little under the weather and lazy but had wanted to get a few grocery items which werent available at the hotel's main store so concierge (Hymie), was able to get someone to go to the grocery store late in the evening (11pmish) and actually have someone deliver the items to my room! How great is that? The fitness center is amazing, up to date with the latest equipment. Although I never got a chance to eat at the onsite restaurant (located on the 6th floor), it looked absolutely beautiful while I toured it. The view from my 23rd floor window was breathtaking and the rooms were comfortable, well furnished and decorated. The hotel had a great upscale/professional feeling to it carrying an amazingly affordable price tag. When I first entered, I was literally thinking "Oh great this taxi guy brought me to a hotel thats probably around $300 a night" when I found out my room was only $110 per night I was completely surprised. My only complaint is that use of the business center computers for internet access carrying a fee, (I believe it was somewhere around 30 pesos for 15 minutes). I guess thats not too bad but complimentary access for guests would have been nice :)

Highly recommend this hotel to anyone and I will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time and send us such a generous feedback.
We are very pleased that the service of the Hilton Mexico City Reforma was up to your standars.
I will tell Jaime our concierge that you mentioned and valued his service when you needed the groceries that late at night.
We hope that next time you visit Mexico City you will give us once again the opportunity to assist you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

As a Hilton Gold Member I must say the Staff of this hilton do a superb job of taking care of there customers!I was looking for a ATM and the one in hotel was out of service so I asked one of the staff where I could find one and he actually walked me out of the hotel to next door and showed me a ATM,now that is service and just one example of the excellent staff of hilton mexico city.
The breakfast buffet is one of the best I have seen,I didnt pay as a Hilton gold member but I believe its around $10 which if I had to I would have paid for all the food and service received,the waitress we had while there was very attentive and very nice,she was originally from argentina.
If you want a nice room and excellent service to include great location this is the hotel.
Dont worry about any problems, if something should arise there are many staff located throughout the lobby to take care of you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable comments . We are very pleased to know that our service and the quality of our food were up to your standars. Everyday each one of the team members as well as myself work very hard in every detail to make sure our guests have a memorable experience at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, wether there are gold or silver.
We hope to see you soon next time you travel to Mexico City.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

This is a 5 star hotel. Lovely rooms, nice lobby, wonderful service - all round excellent experience. Don't know if it was a good value because I haven't compared prices. If I was going to pick nits, though, I would ask for instructions in English about what to do in case of an earthquake and the reception on my TV was awful for about a third of the channels, but I didn't ask for repairs because I had very little time for TV. The buffet meals at Restaurant Don were very good, but I don't eat huge amounts, so it was not a good value for me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
I'm glad you enjoy the hotel and the great food at "LOS DONES" restaurant.
I will also check on the reception of the TV that you mention.
We hope to see you nest time you visit Mexico City
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

This Hilton is actually located on the site of a former Sheraton. When I was there, they had just opened and the pool and executive floors were not ready. The staff made up for this with incredible Mexican hospitality and some extra "perks." My room was wonderful - with a great view of Mexico City. The wine bar-restaurant on the premises had some terrific selections. In addition, the location was perfect for my needs - within walking distance to Bellas Artes, the National Museum of Art and other worthy sites.

I've been to Mexico City more than a dozen times - and usually traveling solo. If you take the same precautions that one would take in any city, you will be okay. And this staff took special care to watch out for me. While it is a little more expensive than hotels where I've stayed before in Mexico City (and a bigger hotel than I normally prefer), I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, June 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.
I must agree that our location is one of our assets allowing our guests to be within walking distances of historical sites.
Next time you are in Mexico City we invite you to enjoy our newly renovated indoor/outdooor pool area and our soon to be open executive lounge.
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

My first visit to Mexico City. Despite negative comments from colleagues, I found this city amazing.

I think this hotel used to be a Sheraton, at least, locals seemed a little confused if you told them it's a Hilton. If you tell them it's Alamera, they'll know where you mean.

Large, modern lobby with a concierge.
Appears to be a popular hotel for banquets.
Room was large. Very comfortable bed,lots of comfortable pillows.
Large flat screen television and complimentary coffee.

Bathroom was large but found the water pressure poor.
Good storage space with safe & iron.

Bottled water on top of mini bar - for which you are required to pay.

Wi Fi - A bit niggly. The only option is 24 hours and approximately $14 U.S.
Great for my 5 nights. However, on my last night, I needed 2 additional hours. The 24 hour option would be wasted since I was checking out early.
Reception would not comp me with an hour nor 2. They gave me a slip of paper which would permit 1 hour usage with the code, but still a charge. I foudn this quite mean considering I stayed 5 nights and availed of internet usage for the entire stay.

Breakfast was included in my rate. The buffet was very good. Top marks for selections - both Mexican and just about everything else you could possibly want.
Fresh juices were very good, pastries - eggs amazing - Yellow yolks - Remember those?! In the UK we get anemic pale ones.

Did not eat at any other hotel restaurant.
The concierge recommended a nearby restaurant - ' Cafe De Tacuba ' . Walking distance. Excellent ! Restaurants close early on Sundays but this remained open.

Another plus - Starbucks is next door for a good coffee fix.

Lastly - taxis. You ask the concierge to call you a radio taxi. When it arrives, it's hit n' miss if they will turn their meter on. You can insist if you're inclined.

I had the concierge arrange a hotel pick up for me with the same company I chose when I arrived at the airport. Nueva Imagen. Great service. 152 Pesos. Picked me up spot on, not a minute late. Have the concierge call them the night before for you - unless you speak Spanish, in which case you can do it yourself.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Zocolo, fabulous. The Alamdea park, almost opposite the hotel is colourful on the weekends.

Shoes are a great buy !!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a detail review of your stay.
We are happy that you decided to come to Mexico City despite of all the feedback from your colleagues. You are right we became Hilton in december of last year, and I'm happy that you enjoy our redesign rooms. While we are grearful for your extended stay it is policy that there is a cost for internet regardless of the length of time. We will look into the water pressure of the rooms on the higher floors of the hotel and hopefully by your next visit everything will be in perfect working order
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Almost every detail was taken into account, breakfast at La Terraza (6th floor) is a must, relaxed ambiance to start a working day, viewing a garden in center Mexico city, a very good service to have.
Near Bellas Artes, opera house was at very reasonable walking distance.
Nice tipical mexican restaurants as Café Tacuba in sorrounding area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
HiltonMexico, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment
I will let the team members know about your kind feedback,
We hope to see you next time you are in Mexico City
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

We spent 4 nights at the hotel.

- Staff was great and helpful, except the porter the first night, who send us to an overpriced taxi.
- room was very spacy, comfortable, with a view (22nd floor)
- breakfast has a large salection of products
- the gym is very good
- very good massages are provided
- the location is excellent

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
nulz, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback. We would like to emphasize that our door/bell staff are only interested in ensuring that our guests are safe at all times, and this is why they recommend the hotel's secure taxi services. However our guests are more than welcome to utilize the more economic radio taxi service that can be called from Concierge desk.
It is good to know that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, the spa and the fitness center. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property.

Been to Hilton Mexico City Reforma? Share your experiences!