“Expectacular Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 295 Hotels in Mexico City
Trumbull, Connecticut, United States
“Expectacular Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

When it comes to service, I will give this hotel high honors!! The employees treat you like you are special, for a whole week I felt like a queen!! The rooms are beautiful, clean and very comfortable. At night they have live music and mariachis too! Totally free Wi-f . The hotel it is on the heart of Mexico, you not even need a car to move around. If you have places to go, just step out of the hotel and public transportation it is right there. Places to eat around the hotel, churches, things to buy, music and more. I will definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: choose a room facing the avenue for the view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Grisselle B,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed a great stay with us, and that both our facilities and our staff provided you such a great experience. It is good to know that you took advantage of our location, by visiting several sites of interest.

We will be glad to welcome you back on your next visit to our city.

Pierre Kranzle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We spent 9 days here in a great executive level room. Room was furnished very nicely, large, well-maintained, and had an outstanding view of Alameda Central park & the historic center of the city. The Executive Lounge on the 26th floor served first a buffet breakfast and then a wonderful evening array of foods with wines & beers. Cocktails you pay for. The service and staff were excellent. In fact throughout the hotel the staff were commendable. Dinner in Los Dones was a pleasant experience. And the gentlemen manning the concierge desk were so great and helpful: some of the best we have ever encountered. For being in such a central location, the soundproofing in the room was outstanding. And the king bed was extremely comfortable. These 2 things led to good night's sleep each time for us. Other reviewers have commented on the "bustle/crowding" in the lobby. But in 9 days we saw little of that. Many airline crews use the Hilton but they hardly jam up the place. In total I must say that the only complaints we had were so minor they are not worth stating. This is a wonderful hotel in a great location. We would definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: Executive Lounge status is really worth the extra money.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Burney A,

Thank you for your time to write a review of your past stay at our hotel. It is motivating to read that your 9 days stay was more than pleasant. I am happy to read that our team members have offered you the service our guests deserve, and that our facilities have met all your needs.

Thank you again for your comments and for choosing Hilton. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to our country.

Norrköping
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have been to Mexico City many times and stayed in various hotels but this one is definitaly in my best ones lista.
We stayed in the 7 floor and the views are very espectacular.
The room was ample and very clean and the service was very aceptable and helpfull.
I will stay here in the future before I try another hotel in Mexico City!

Room Tip: stay at the sevent floor!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear PepeandHelene,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is good to hear that you choose our hotel as one in your top list from Mexico City. As you mentioned, we have amazing views from our rooms due to our privileged location in the heart of the city.

We hope to welcome you soon in Hilton Mexico City Reforma during your next visit to our city.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This review is purely for the Hilton Mexico City Reforma's master suite... I chose to stay here because it was incredibly affordable - what! There would have been no possible way for me to stay in such a nice room anywhere in the US for what I paid here. I could spend time talking about the amazing view of the city or the free access to the executive lounge (and its breakfasts and evening snacks) or the super comfy king size bed ... but I want to just talk about the GIGANTIC WHIRLPOOL TUB. Ya'll, if Mexico City is your last stay before returning home, there is nothing more relaxing (or sexy) then soaking in some bubbles. The tub sits in its own room with the same wonderful view of the city, we found ourselves spending a lot of "quality" time here.

Fantastic end to an amazing trip, thanks Hilton!

Room Tip: Choose the master suite! It's really affordable for what you get.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear vinhhhh,

Thank you for the time you took to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Master Suite, that as you mentioned has an amazing view and lot of benefits to experience a great and comfortable stay.

We hope to welcome you back again at Hilton Mexico City Reforma.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed in a suite for 5 nights and was precisely paying extra to get all the extras. Breakfast was included, but because I always only had fruit I thought I could leave with my 3 small pastries in a box (given to me by the waiter)... Nope! Before exiting the room, a staff lady would lecture me about the "Hilton's policies", how I didn't have "the right" to take any food out, and how they were "already" providing me with a free breakfast that "I wasn't paying for"!!!!!!
On the 22nd floor, at night, it can get very cold...and the heater was not working. The promises to fix the problem went from 7:pm to 11:45 pm with constant knocks at the door, with one of the two maintenance men inspecting me all over (I was in jeans and a sweater). They brought in a heater, which "helped"...but cleaning lady had left the air con on all day. So now they were promising a 2nd heater (it wasn't my idea!)... Different ladies at the front desk said different things: "We'll bring it", "No, heaters are all broken", "We are trying to fix them", "We can change you rooms", "Not sure we can change you rooms, as X hasn't replied".
The next day, I spoke to the manager Sergio Islas (very good at promising only and leaving with an "I'll speak to the other manager and then let you know") who promised a 2nd heater which never arrived.
The cleaning lady "woke up" the day before my departure (tip time!) and finally brought a robe and slippers and plenty of water -all which I should've had in my first 4 days too...
In the breakfast room, on the 26th floor, when it rains (it does everyday, in August), the water comes right through the glass window!
The waiter was "all over me" on the 4th day too, asking me at every bite of fruit (fruit is self serve) if all was ok...when he had never bothered the previous days (and yes, I would've loved an omelette the 1st day -if he had come around- but had learned to be happy with what I could reach on my own)...
If you are an American and are used to Hiltons and the wonderful customer service...this is NOT a Hilton by our standards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear unhappyguest32655,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced. I want you to know that your comments are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our city.

Villahermosa, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Reforma in Mexico City in July 2014 while I was on business. It really surprised me as the hotel was really nice and the staff was very friendly and attentive. I stayed at the hotel for just a few days and the servers at the Executive Lounge already remembered my name. The lounge has an amazing view of the city. The food at the Don Restaurant was also very delicious.

On my day off before I left the hotel I went out on a walk to places nearby and there is a very relaxing park right across the hotel. There is a shopping area in the same street as the hotel and within walking distance you can find many historical buildings, museums and churches to show.

I would defenitly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to the Executive Lounge
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear DexterMoreno21,

We appreciate your review of your recent experience at the hotel, guest feedback is incredibly important to us. It is good to hear that you took advantage of our location by visiting some of our main attractions in the city such as churches and historical buildings. As you mentioned we have a privileged view of the city at our Executive Lounge.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to our city.

Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had a great stay in the Hilton Mexico City Reforma. It's a good location to visit all attractions. Staff and room were outstanding. If we come back to visit Mexico City again Hilton Mexico City Reforma will be our first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Stephan O,

Thank you for your time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It is good to read that you enjoyed our privileged location by visiting the main attractions in our city. I am pleased to hear that our team members have offered you the service you deserve.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to our country,