“Trust me: rent the master suite” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #14 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“Trust me: rent the master suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This review is purely for the Hilton Mexico City Reforma's master suite... I chose to stay here because it was incredibly affordable - what! There would have been no possible way for me to stay in such a nice room anywhere in the US for what I paid here. I could spend time talking about the amazing view of the city or the free access to the executive lounge (and its breakfasts and evening snacks) or the super comfy king size bed ... but I want to just talk about the GIGANTIC WHIRLPOOL TUB. Ya'll, if Mexico City is your last stay before returning home, there is nothing more relaxing (or sexy) then soaking in some bubbles. The tub sits in its own room with the same wonderful view of the city, we found ourselves spending a lot of "quality" time here.

Fantastic end to an amazing trip, thanks Hilton!

Room Tip: Choose the master suite! It's really affordable for what you get.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear vinhhhh,

Thank you for the time you took to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Master Suite, that as you mentioned has an amazing view and lot of benefits to experience a great and comfortable stay.

We hope to welcome you back again at Hilton Mexico City Reforma.

Pierre Kranzle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed in a suite for 5 nights and was precisely paying extra to get all the extras. Breakfast was included, but because I always only had fruit I thought I could leave with my 3 small pastries in a box (given to me by the waiter)... Nope! Before exiting the room, a staff lady would lecture me about the "Hilton's policies", how I didn't have "the right" to take any food out, and how they were "already" providing me with a free breakfast that "I wasn't paying for"!!!!!!
On the 22nd floor, at night, it can get very cold...and the heater was not working. The promises to fix the problem went from 7:pm to 11:45 pm with constant knocks at the door, with one of the two maintenance men inspecting me all over (I was in jeans and a sweater). They brought in a heater, which "helped"...but cleaning lady had left the air con on all day. So now they were promising a 2nd heater (it wasn't my idea!)... Different ladies at the front desk said different things: "We'll bring it", "No, heaters are all broken", "We are trying to fix them", "We can change you rooms", "Not sure we can change you rooms, as X hasn't replied".
The next day, I spoke to the manager Sergio Islas (very good at promising only and leaving with an "I'll speak to the other manager and then let you know") who promised a 2nd heater which never arrived.
The cleaning lady "woke up" the day before my departure (tip time!) and finally brought a robe and slippers and plenty of water -all which I should've had in my first 4 days too...
In the breakfast room, on the 26th floor, when it rains (it does everyday, in August), the water comes right through the glass window!
The waiter was "all over me" on the 4th day too, asking me at every bite of fruit (fruit is self serve) if all was ok...when he had never bothered the previous days (and yes, I would've loved an omelette the 1st day -if he had come around- but had learned to be happy with what I could reach on my own)...
If you are an American and are used to Hiltons and the wonderful customer service...this is NOT a Hilton by our standards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear unhappyguest32655,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced. I want you to know that your comments are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our city.

Villahermosa, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Reforma in Mexico City in July 2014 while I was on business. It really surprised me as the hotel was really nice and the staff was very friendly and attentive. I stayed at the hotel for just a few days and the servers at the Executive Lounge already remembered my name. The lounge has an amazing view of the city. The food at the Don Restaurant was also very delicious.

On my day off before I left the hotel I went out on a walk to places nearby and there is a very relaxing park right across the hotel. There is a shopping area in the same street as the hotel and within walking distance you can find many historical buildings, museums and churches to show.

I would defenitly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to the Executive Lounge
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear DexterMoreno21,

We appreciate your review of your recent experience at the hotel, guest feedback is incredibly important to us. It is good to hear that you took advantage of our location by visiting some of our main attractions in the city such as churches and historical buildings. As you mentioned we have a privileged view of the city at our Executive Lounge.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to our city.

Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had a great stay in the Hilton Mexico City Reforma. It's a good location to visit all attractions. Staff and room were outstanding. If we come back to visit Mexico City again Hilton Mexico City Reforma will be our first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Stephan O,

Thank you for your time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It is good to read that you enjoyed our privileged location by visiting the main attractions in our city. I am pleased to hear that our team members have offered you the service you deserve.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to our country,

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I always try to stay at Hilton hotels as they really take care of you. I am a diamond VIP member staying at Hilton hotels more than 100 nights per year. Unfortunately this was an exception. Nothing was good during the stay, they gave me a very dark room next to the service room. No water bottles in the room. No amenities at all. Then upon checking out they wanted to charge me all the breakfasts since I had taken them in the main restaurant and not in the executive lounge. They had obviously not informed me that we had to take the breakfast in the lounge. Every other Hilton hotel where I stayed gives you the option. After arguing for 45 that they had never informed me of their policy, they finally decided not to charge me.
Very disappointing, only bad part of my holiday in a fabulous city. The hotel did not make up for anything that went wrong. I will never return.

Stayed July 2014
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Nicarzani,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to Mexico City.
Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am just coming back from hilton santa fe which was just excellent and that is why i only leave 4 points for this. I got my upgrade to a suite with gorgeous view,, got a welcome tequila and ana at the executive floor was just professional. The other staff not so much......breakfast was nice in the lounge,but the moment you leave the 26th floor to the lobby you are in a noisy and very bustling place full of people which no one cares to control. At the ground floor reception the check in is just terrible. It feels like arriving at a busy airport. The suite was big ,a bit dated maybe but a nice view over reforma.big tv set with international channels and an overall 5 star feeling except for the crowds and the lobby...
Personally I prefer the Santa Fe Hilton, Mexico....
Of course this one is in walking distance to the historic city .....

Room Tip: If you can not get a suite do not take it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMReforma, General Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear adrianmiami,

First of all we want to thank you for the time you took to write a review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the beautiful view at your suite. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet all your expectations. Guests feedback is incredibly important to us and we will use your comments to improve our on-property experience.

We hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be at Hilton Mexico City Reforma.
Lawrenceville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is my first stay at this hotel. As a Hilton Diamond VIP the benefits were much better than normal. The Executive lounge has stunning views of the city along with an excellent breakfast and then a happy hour in the evenings. Out of all the Hiltons I have stayed at for business, this is close to the best I have stayed at. The only reason I don't give it the best vote is that the fitness center while being very well equipped and nice has abnormal hours of operation. It opens at 6 am during the week and 8 am during the weekend. Most Hilton hotels have 24 hour fitness centers.The rooms are very large with very nice views of the city. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet. The service is outstanding.

Dear youcan2,

First of all we want to thank you for your time to write the review. It is good to know that as a Diamond status member of our HHonors program you have received all the benefits you deserve. We are proud to hear that we have offered you an outstanding business stay. Please be confident that all your comments are totally useful to improve our service.

We will be glad to welcome you back at Hilton Mexico City on your next visit to our country.

Been to Hilton Mexico City Reforma? Share your experiences!