I am so glad we changed from our initial choice (The Intercontinental) to this hotel. We are staying 3 days in the city before going onto Cancun and returning for 3 more days (though not to this hotel).
The hotel has a nice clean modern lobby with smiling porters and staff welcoming you whenever you come in and are always on hand to offer their assistance. Very smooth check in - Hilton Honours Silver member. The hotel is in the perfect location for walking to the historic centre to see all the sights. The Intercontinental and other hotels near there are a long way from where you really want to be to start your trip to this city. We never felt unsafe having heard all sorts of negative reports. The Hiton is right opposite a park which is beautifully light up at night, with water fountains and it is quite safe to walk through, as were the main streets down to the centre - which took about 15 minutes. Police are everywhere which makes you feel safe.
We were on the 23rd Floor with fantastic views over the city- though there seemed to be allot of cloud cover most days (could have been smog) it still was 30c and about 17c at night.
The room we booked was a standard king on a "family package rate" which included breakfast and wifi (scroll down on their rates for these packages as it was cheaper to book this package than a flexible bed and breakfast rate) and was fully cancelable (I emailed them just to make sure 2 adults could book this rate and they confirmed we could) - It was spacious, lovely King bed so comfortable, flat screen LG tv with good selection and picture quality - bathroom could have been designed a bit better and they could have been more generous with the shampoo, conditioner and body lotion - one tube for 2 people... when we requested more towels or more shampoo it arrived within a couple of minutes - even at 6am in the morning.
Breakfast buffet was fantastic - good choisce of Mexican and International choices - eggs made to order - nice pastries and cakes, good freshly squeezed fruit juices, nice fresh fruit concoctions and no charge for espresso.
Nice lap pool and sundeck, nice clean health spa - free to use - with gym, steam room and jacuzzi.
We booked a trip to Teotihuacan pyramid and Basilica Guadalupe through concierge 38us$ each which was fantastic - small minibus with 5 other people - great guide spoke in spanish and english - full day tour.
Asked the concierge for recommendation for a typical mexican restaurant within walking distance of hotel - only bother with the Cafe de Taguba - lovely.
I emailed the hotel prior to our arrival about transport to the hotel - they recommended when we arrived after clearing customs go to the Nueva Imagen taxi desk - prepay for a taxi to the hotel - was only 205 pesos (the other taxi company Sigeo was 300) - nice clean car and was waiting for us at their own stand.
We are now off to Cancun for 5 days (staying at the Westin Lagunmar) and are returning to Mexico City staying at Las Alcobas for last 3 days - I dropped a bag off - absolutely beautiful hotel in a lovely neighbourhood with all the designer shops like Etro, Max Mara, Kiton etc.... but a longway from the historic centre should be a nice way to end our trip - will review it on my return.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mexico City Reforma Hotel Mexico City
- Hilton Mexico City Reforma Hotel
- Hilton Mexico City Reforma
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Hilton Mexico City Reforma hotel is located beside the downtown, historic area of Mexico City – alongside the city’s finest architecture and theatres, embassies and art galleries. Fifteen minutes from Mexico City Airport, this central Mexico City hotel is a short drive from the bustling financial and business areas of Mexico. Recipient of a TripAdvisor award for 'Best Hotel for Business Travelers', this hotel in downtown Mexico City boasts an impressive conference and event space that can accommodate groups for 15 up to 5,000 with ease. Enjoy a swim in the 25-meter rooftop pool, work out in the fully-equipped fitness center or enjoy a delicious meal in one of 3 hotel restaurants. Decorated with original artwork by renowned Mexican artists, the Hilton Mexico City Reforma hotel is proud of its heritage - and the attentive service provided by its staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Mexico City Reforma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.