“Historic District” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Historic District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am Diamond HHonors. Fantastic location and property. Across from a large park with several water fountains. Safe area to walk and to enjoy the outdoors with many police around patrolling. 10-15 mins walk through pedestrian zone to Zocalo and the Presidential Palace. Nearby the Arts Museum and several old churches with public access. Also the Presidential Palace is open to public, no admission and photography allowed without flash. Hotel has executive lounge on the 26th floor and great view of Mexico City, hors d'oeuvre and breakfast are great in the nice relaxing lounge. Rooms have great view of Mexico City (I was on the executive floor, 26th floor), are quite large, have good bathroom with separate toilet and tub, and comfortable bed and work desk. If you are Gold or Diamond you get free Wi-Fi and access to the lounge. The hotel has nice spa and fitness center (extra charge of 150 pesos or more - at this time about 12 pesos for 1 US dollar). Also on 4th floor is beautiful terrace restaurant open to a small rooftop garden (recommend). On main floor is another restaurant usually packed during lunch (didn't have a chance to try out). Around the hotel are plenty of restaurants of Latin American food and on Zocalo few rooftop restaurants with great view - all walking distance. Some great restaurants are hidden inside courtyards and present great Mexican history and architecture. Driving in the city (as I did) is challenging and traffic is horrible, recommend walking or taxi (plenty of taxis and cheap). Overall the property and the location is worth to get my 5 stars. I plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: higher floor is better since it provides the view of the city, 26th floor was great since it had the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Is located at Av. Juarez, close to Reforma... great place to stay for busness.
Walking distance from subway line, zocalo and some good restaurants.
it has a nice view of the city, near bellas artes. closed to a park.
TV does not work OK. Internet at pick hours is slow.

Room Tip: Top Floors are better, because of the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hello, It's great for us know that your your stay with us was good.

Thank you so much for this review, I've shared this review with our IT and Maintenance Managers to let them know about your experience with the TV signal, we a re in a process of updating all signals and antennas in the entire building to give our guest a better service.
As you well mentioned it, the view from the upper floors at our executive section is amazing and staying in any of this executive rooms grants you access to Executive Lounge where you can enjoy a daily complimentary breakfast and light dinner. It is an unmatchable and amazing area!

Once again, thank you for this review, we hope to see you soon!
Greetings from Mexico
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for a busniess trip. Staff was great, locations is excellent; within walking distance to Zocalo and other historical places. For your safety while in Mexico City do not flag down a taxi in the streets ask the hotel to call a taxi for you, they use a very safe and secure taxi company. Also from the airport to the hotel the best and most safe & secure taxi company is Sitio 300. They are located in the airport just as you go out the door where the cabs are parked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi, It's great to know that your your stay with us was good.

Before anything please let me thank you for your honest comments. One of the our main objectives is the safety of all our guest. Thanks to the government support this area has become one of the safests in the city, is well patrolled by mounted cops and at nights the lighting is very good throughout the area.

Thanks a lot for your comments, we hope to see you soon, here at your home. Best Regards
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

With all the rumors abound regarding safety etc in Mexico City, I did not anticipate an enjoyable stay. I had a wonderful stay! My flight took off on time, and arrived in Mexico City on time. Customs was a breeze, Customs staff was professional and courteous. Airport is well kept and well maintained. Trip from Airport to Hilton Reforma was quick and with very little traffic (arrived at Hotel around 4:30 PM).

Greeted at my car upon arrival by Hotel Staff, luggage was taken immediately, check in was immediate, and staff greeted me with a smile. Luggage brought to room immediately. Room was to Hilton standard with new furniture, well appointed room, new carpet, nice bathroom, nice led tv, comfortable work area, comfortable bed, and all the usual amenities.

Food at restaurant was very good, and reasonably priced for a hotel. Gym is great, staff is attentive, and they are sincerely happy you are staying at their hotel. Everyone spoke English, and everyone went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. Maid service did not miss anything in the room, and even folded the cloths I have a bad habit of leaving laying around.

Hotel is within walking distance of most interesting area sites, and if you forgot something, Sears is only 3 blocks away. When you need a cab, they tell you the cost in advance, and tell the driver where to take you. Lobby is nice, and if you are staying on one of the Executive Floors, their meetings facilities, breakfast, and afternoon food service and beverage service is great!

I cannot say enough nice things about this Hilton. It really made my trip and allowed me to conduct my business in style. The Hotel became part of my support staff, and enhanced my ability to do business.

Wonderful hotel, wonderful stay, and will definitely stay there again. I was so pleased with my stay, I actually went down to the Executive Offices and left a note for Sr. Jose Munoz, the General Manager. They are so efficient, that I got a thank you email shortly thereafter from Sr. Munoz's kind Assistant Ms. Aceves.

This is the second great experience I had at a Hilton Hotel in the last 30 days, and I hope the trend continues!

Room Tip: Well worth the money to upgrade to "Executive Floor Rooms". The money you will save on fo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi, thank you so much for your review.

I see that your experience with us was great, thats really good news for us, we learn a lot from the feedback that you, our guest, share with us. I'll share this review with our Chief Concierge to let him know about the good work of his staff.

You are a good observer, also the first of all our guest that commented about the marble, good eye ;)

As you mentioned it, we have complimentary access to high speed internet in areas such as the Lobby and Restaurants, if you desire to have a higher speed at your room, that service has an extra charge.

Thanks a lot for your comments, we hope to see you soon, here at your home.
Best Regards
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was staying here with a friend over New Years to end a trip that we took across Mexico. I stay at Hiltons quite a lot and am a gold on their member programme so got a room upgrade. The hotel is at the upper end of all the Hiltons I have stayed at, and if you stay at Hiltons often you will know what I mean by this.

The room we had was massive, had sweeping views and a brilliant bathroom with separate bathtub and shower and a enclosed toilet (good if sharing a room!) and comfy beds. The shower seemed to leak into the bathroom floor when in use, so we just put some towels down. The windows could not open however and there was no outdoor space. The hotel was at capacity when we stayed so breakfast was busy and there was a bit of a wait, but the quality of food was very good. The exec lounge on the top floor was also well stocked and the views are just stunning. Concierge also was very knowledgeable and organised a load of things for us. The gym and pool is also very good.

The location of the hotel is really VERY good, and better than I thought when I looked at the map, you are within walking distance of most of the sites and in a pretty safe area. There is a subway close by and a cool market across the road to get hot snacks and stuff.

Over all a great stay here and a perfect end to a truly amazing trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hi, first of all i want to thank you for taking the time to wrote this review, for us is very important to have feedback like this to know all our opportunities to deliver our guest the treat that they deserve.

I can see that your general experience in our hotel was a pleasant one and that you enjoyed the executive lounge. Staying in any of our suites grant you access to this amazing area of the hotel.
I'll let know our Housekeeping Manager the situation you found at your bathroom.

As you well mentioned it this hotel is near by many cultural and local attractions, its location offers a great experience to any kind of tourist, we are glad you have had great experience.

Thank you so much for your review and whenever you come back to Mexico, please let us be your home outside home! Best regards.
Kangasala, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hilton quality at the heart of the city and in magical atmosphere of the Alameda Park. The hotel exceeded all of our expectations. Stop waisting your time searching for something better, just book it, it's a bargain! :)

The rooms were HUGE, I've been to hotels with rooms same size as our bathroom at the Hilton Mexico City Reforma! The breakfast buffet was the best I've ever had. Ever (and I don't usually even like eating in the morning, especially at a buffet!). We also got a working wi-fi for free for the whole week as a Christmas gift, a very, very pleasant detail.

For your trip to the pyramids of Teotihuacan (a must see), remember to nagotiate the program before booking it from the hotel. We wanted to go only to the pyramids, but were driven around the city and the suburbs for secondary sights and were left only with little time at the amazing pyramids. But again, the car and the guide girl were excellent.

At the hotel, as well as during the trip, we enjoyed top class service. The location of the hotel and warmth of the staff made our vacation safe, relaxing and fun. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I see you had a good experience staying with us, thank you very much for your preference and for this review, we really appreciate it.

Serve you as you deserve is our main objective and feedback like this one let us know we are doing a good work.

One again Let me thank you for this review, we are waiting to see you again here in your home.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great hotel, with excellent location for easy walks to Centro area and Zocalo. We opted for an executive room, which provides access to separate lounge on the 26th floor. Although the breakfast selection might not have been as wide as in the main restaurant downstairs, it was more than we expected and quite good too: fresh fruit, cereals, rolls and pastries and also a few cooked items. The bonus was access to the lounge at any time for coffee/soft drinks and, best of all, "happy hour" in the evening, when a selection of alcoholic drinks and snack food was available. Staff in the lounge were very friendly.

The room on the exec floor was super - not sure about other floors though. Ground floor lobby area is like in any 4/5 star big hotel - i.e. generic. The swimming pool is actually quite small, but pleasant enough.

The location is good for the historic/centro area: the Alameda park opposite is beautiful to walk around and "people-watch"; and the walk to the Zocalo is easy and lively because of the pedestrianized lane for much of the way.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review.
I see that you enjoyed our executive area, and the executive Lounge as well, its one of our greatest areas, and all the staff up there is always happy to give you the attention you deserve.
We are glad knowing that your stay at our hotel was a pleasant one, we hope to see you again, in your next trip to Mexico.

Been to Hilton Mexico City Reforma? Share your experiences!