“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This was my second stay at the Hilton Reforma and it confirmed my initial impressions... this is an excellent all-around choice in Mexico City. The location is safe and central to the various sights. In fact, there is an adjacent park which comes alive on the weekends as a street market with food, crafts, entertainers, etc. Hotel service was excellent, rooms were very clean, and security seemed good. They have a nice, attended fitness center which I would rate 4 star. I didn't try their restaurants as I typically use the executive lounge. And as executive lounges go, this is one of the better that I have experienced... very pleasant and attentive reception and servers, nice assortment of food, and plenty of space. I also appreciate the hotels fleet of vehicles which I used daily. It was nice to be able to arrange transportation in a safe, comfortable vehicle which could be charged to my room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Hello, first of all thank you for you comments.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, the park you are talking about is the famous Alameda Central created in 1592 the name comes from the Spanish word álamo, which means poplar tree, in this park you can find decorative statues and the "Hemiciclo a Juarez" which is a large white semi-circular monument to one of our presidents Benito Juarez.
I'll make sure to share all your comments with the rest of the team, once again thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Due to changing airline schedules we needed to overnight in Mexico City. We chose the Hilton because of its Tripadvisor ratings and its central location.

We were not disappointed - the service was attentive without being "over the top". The room was large and comfortable with everything you would expect from a major chain hotel. The food - well normally I would not expect a major chain hotel to deliver food where I wanted to give top marks. Well the Hilton did - because of the crowds on the street and in the adjacent restaurants (it was January 6th - a major Mexican fiesta) we elected to eat in. Both dinner and breakfast the following morning were a "wow". I don't give this rating easily, but I was impressed. The 6th floor breakfast buffet was outstanding. I spend 90 nights a year travelling and I rarely find a hotel breakfast that is this good. I could keep writing on this but try for yourself.

Our one gripe was the cost of internet service, but this Hilton is not alone in seeking top dollar for something that should be either free or modestly priced.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Hello, thank you for all your comments and the time you dedicated to wrote them.
We are glad you've enjoyed our restaurant Terraza Alameda and its buffet, its a great place to spend some time, a great outdoor garden, we like to call it, the Oasis in the heart of Mexico City. I've already share this comments to the staff of the 6th floor where the restaurant its located. About the price of the internet access, you can be sure is one the fastest and with entire connectivity in the entire hotel, several hotspots aloud to give you access in every place of the hotel.
Once again thanks a lot for your review, we are looking forward to see you again and treat you as you deserve in this your home far from home.
Best Regards
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the hotel to recover from an exhausting trip and enjoy Mexico City and its nightlife from a central location.
It was a kind of spontaneous decision and I had booked the hotel room over a web travel agency on the very same day I checked in. The disadvantage was that I couldn't print out the voucher, so I had to send it to them via email upon check-in (always traveling with laptop sometimes helps). I was quickly checked in. However due to arriving early (official check-in time is 3PM), they couldn't give me a good room, so I first had a quite big but very dark room without any view. Even the window was partly occluded by what seemed like some sort of frosted glass stripes. There were also 2 beds but I only needed one.
So, later I decided to give it a try and ask for another room. Much to my pleasure I got a room in the 12th floor on the other side of the building with a fair view (higher up must be even more spectacular), good enough, a bit smaller but well laid out, with a large window front. The staff was always super friendly and helpful. Even if there were some very slight problems I overall enjoyed my stay excellently. Special thanks to Veronica at the Reception from a very satisfied client.

The bad:
- Air condition was too loud. I didn't need it anyway, but could be an issue during hotter period.
- Minibar is locked. Why??? I asked the concierge to come and open it, but nobody came. Fine, 7/11 (one block away) it is!
- Rooms in 10th floor (guest rooms start at 10th floor, so it is the lowest you can get), facing west, seem to be really dark and don't have a view. Not so good, only take it if you come here to sleep and spend your days outside/at work.
- Internet is fast but expensive. If you are looking for a Hotel with free WiFi this is not the place. I know some places in Mexico City with free WiFi that cost less per night than the Hilton's fee only for WiFi! A somewhat far-fetched comparison, but you get the point.

The good:
- Excellent breakfast buffet on the 6th floor. A true delight. They also have excellent wine for the afternoon or evenings.
- Location of the hotel is superb.
- Very quiet and well insulated rooms.
- Clean and modern, somewhat dark luxurious ambiente.
- It is a skyscraper so if you score a high floor you will have a great view.
- Even though I only reserved the room on the very same day on an inexpensive web-travel agency site, and then checked in early, there was no problem.
- Very good and friendly shuttle service, a bit expensive, but with very good and fast driver.
- Everybody speaks English, but will also appreciate the gringo traveler's basic Spanish vocabulary.

Room Tip: The higher the better, prefer east side.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Hi! thanks a lot for the review!
I've already share this comment with the entire managers team, thanks to this feedback we are always able to learn more and know what to do to give you the service you deserve :D the maintenance department is already aware about the noise of the Air Condition and also the F&B for any Minibar aspects, we are glad you found our staff friendly and we are gonna congratulate Veronica for the magnificent work, thanks a lot again for all your comments and if you ever come back to Mexico City we will be happy to receive you again in this your home!
Thanks a lot, Best Regards
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have been staying here for 2 weeks now and this is just about the best position to place yourself for the city. Zacola is 5 minutes by taxi, there is metro train and bus on your doorstep ( Hidalgo ) The markets and restaurants line the street outside. The hotel itself is first class with excellent staff. The 6th floor breakfast buffet is about the best you will get and for 15 bucks !! Check out the websites as I paid 157 dollers a night direct to the hilton but found it for 111 a night using the web. Very clean, highly secure and excellent

Room Tip: Ask for a view of latin america building, spectacular sights of the city
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Isaias A, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Hello! Hi, I'm glad you are enjoying your stay with us, thanks a lot for the comments.
We always look forward to give every of our guest the service they deserve, If you are gonna stay with until the Sunday, try the sunday brunch, your gonna love it! and here is another tip, go to the lobby at the coffee cart and ask Cesar, the barista to give you a CHAIPUCHINO our signature drink of coffee. Thanks a lot for all your comments, Best Regards
Noosa, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

we stayed at the hilton reforma over new years for 4 nights
we had to wait 45 mins to check in. the girl on the check in counter was very slow, and they didnt appear to know what was going on.
our rooms were on different floors, though we were obviously a family and the travel agent had booked us as such. they couldnt change rooms for us.
our travel voucher clearly stated breakfast included, but they argued that was not the case, and spent 24 hours getting confirmation that it WAS included.
our room was dirty, with what appeared blood droplets on the bathroom floor. EW!
we recieved mininum towels and often had to make do with facewashers for bathmatts etc. when i rang up for more, i had to ring several times to get delivery, and each day was the same problem.
Breakfast, on the other hand, was fantastic, though service was slow. mainly men waiters, who concentrated on the young girls.
great location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello! First of all please let me thank you for your comments, all this reviews and feedback always helps us to learn more about what our guest need.
I' terrible sorry about the situation at the check in, i've already share this comments with the entire managers team in our daily brief and we are improving our communications processes in order to have immediate answer to any of your requests. About the droplets I checked with the HouseKeeping and Maintenance departments, it is a varnish that the maintenance staff uses for the furniture, They are already aware about this to avoid this happen again. Also I share your comments with our Food and Beverage manager to make the necessary improvements in order to have a better service. Thanks again for your comments, we really appreciate them, if you ever come back to Mexico City, please give us the chance to serve as you deserve.
Best Regards
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here with my husband fir five days. Celebrated New Year's Eve in Mexico City. The hotel is big, centrally located among the many DF neighbourhoods. Comfortable beds and sound proof windows make for a good night 's rest. The breakfast buffet is delicious but the service there is terrible. Since it's a buffet it wont spoil your meal, except when you want coffee. But tge foods is good and LOTS of choices.

• Stayed December 2011
Hi! thanks for this review!
I'm glad you liked the hotel and your stay, I have already share this review with the Food and Beverage manager to improve the service in the restaurants, the service has to be as good as the service and this honest comments help us to better understand your needs. Next time you come please let us be you home outside home, and don't forget to try our own blend of coffee in the coffee cart at the lobby lounge! Once again thanks a lot.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Unlike the other 5-star options, which are typically overlooking the busy and noisy Reforma boulevard or oare confined to the western suburbs, this hotel enjoys porbably the best location in town, only metres from Reforma, but very close also to the colonial heart of the city, its churches, gardens, markets, mariachi players... all that makes real Mexico! With its 26 floors, the views too are amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, the views are incredible!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
iaraiza, Manager at Hilton Mexico City Reforma, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Hi, thanks a lot for all your comments, as you mentioned it we are really proud of our hotel and it's locations, it's indeed right in the heart of mexico city, and walking distance from the main square and all the historical places near by. We are glad you liked our guest rooms the panoramic views of all of them are breathtaking, thanks a lot for this review, we are looking forward receive you again in this your home! Best Regards

Been to Hilton Mexico City Reforma? Share your experiences!