“Very cool spot with some room for improvement” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hostel 333 to your Saves list
Hostel 333
Colima | 333, Mexico City 06700, Mexico (Roma Norte)   |
Krakow, Poland
“Very cool spot with some room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My experience at the hostel is very good. It`s a great place to meet people, the terrace is just awesome, for drinks, talks, meeting new people. The rooms are TINY, but we had already heard about that so it was no surprize that there's no room for your bag on floor, we managed. One thing I would improve - even though it's a place for low-budget travellers and I imagine that people who work there are also travellers - you can be open, polite and treat people as customers, not as intruders.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Bad hostel, full of British people, so if you want to go to "little London" go to this place. Beds are ok, but service is bad. No one knows how to explain to you how to go to the subway and no one knows how to find a cab early in the morning. When we arrived (we had booked a private room for two) surprise: "we ain't work with booking.com anymore, sorry, but we don't have this room for you", but kindly they fit us in a room with more two people. One of the workers shared the room with us, and besides smelling bad he had sex with a girl at night who couldn't do it quietly. Well.... I do not suggest anyone to go to this place and for sure I will never go back to it. It is far from downtown and besides being in a nice area of the city, it is not worth it.

Room Tip: The room are alright, but toilets and showers are totally dirty.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed for 5 days at hostel 333, de price is alright but the hostel is a bit dirty. It has an amazing roof top were you can have breakfast and enjoy the view. The hostel is well located in colonia roma.
There are three big issues with this hostel, the first one is that it is noisy, if somebody is talking in the hallway you can listen everything which is annoying if you are trying to sleep, the second one is that the hygiene is not the best one, and the last one is that there is this cat that apparently belongs to the owner and the cat is almost dying with a broken leg and the poor cat is crying day and night, you can hear the cat cry the whole night, it is really sad.

It is an ok hostel but I have stayed in much better ones for the same price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hostel last week, great rooftop terrace, cold beer and great vibe. The beds are ok, hot showers, helpful staff.bBreakfast included and the food in the bar is a-ma-zing! The bar has a free pool table! Def coming back when I return to catch my fight back home.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've lived in hostel 333 for 2 months. I'm from brazil and never had the experience of living in hostel for more than 4 days. well, the people who work there are great! jorge, luiz, joaquim, dylan... when I needed they were always helping me. the girls who clean the hostel are lovely, kind of mexican native and are just lovely people. I lived in 6-bed room for 2 months. the room was always a mess but I believe that happens because the room had so many luggage on the floor that i believe that the mexican girls couldn't clean so far. my bed was ok, it wasn't the best nights of sleeping of my life but they were good for that. the terrace was my favorite place. i could go there everytime and meet some new people and share experience and just breath some air. the localization is the best. there's a lot of things close like supermartket, mall, seven eleven, metrobus, stores and a lot of nightclubs (go to el imperial!!!). the kitchen in the hostel is good, you can cook what time you want. I really enjoyed my staying in mexico and also in hostel 333. probably I'll be back soon :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I arrived in Mexico City at a really unique time. Obviously going to a new country for the first time can be an intimidating experience. Add to that, I dont speak Spanish and it was Christmas time in a pretty religious country.

Jorge, the manager, was really helpful via email, to make sure I arrived safely. He is a really fascinating guy, who has a really creative and artistic viewpoint of the world. We had a great conversation about a Spanish film one evening, in which he was more than happy to share his opinion. I really enjoyed speaking with him.

Because it was the holiday season, I took the situation with a grain of salt. People would want to celebrate and be up late at night. It was also refreshing, albeit limiting, that most of the guests and temporary staff were from other countries. Although I couldnt communicate very well with them, it was refreshing to be part of a very different social group. Out of my comfort zone, if you will. On Christmas, Jorge organized a nice Christmas dinner and party in the pub downstairs, which was a kind act. Also he helped me with a lot of ticket stuff for trips I went to around the country.

The rooms downstairs were pretty typical for a hostel, but the WIFI was good, which is key for a lot of people. The breakfast was literally bread and butter, but Jorge made up for it by cooking big group dishes in the evening time.

The place literally seemed to come alive at night.

I cannot say enough about the neighbourhood. So beautiful, and the food vendors in the area will fill you up cheap. When I return to Mexico City, I will certainly stay there, hopefully with a better grasp of Spanish, so I can interact more.

If you do speak Spanish, this place will be heaven.

Room Tip: 1) Be sure to use their lockers. For a 50 peso deposit, you can keep your big bags in the lockers. I...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at this hostel last week with my boyfriend being our first time in mexico. We heard good things and were excited about staying here. We had booked a private room with bathroom for 5 nights. The room was an ok size with cupboards and a tv with cable but the bed was absolutely SHOCKING. The sheets smelt disgusting and ive never slept on a mattress so bad, one of the nights i lay on the floor which felt better than the bed due to how sore my back was. The room also had a shocking smell and we could barely stay in it more than a few minutes before it became unbearable. This could be due to the poor ventilation. The dorms across from us had an awful stench wafting through the corridors. There seemed to be no vibe while we were there and I couldnt wait to leave so we left one night early. The only good thing is location is good and theres a good coffee shop next door and a bar directly underneath you (if you can sleep with noise). Definitely find somewhere else thats worth the money you pay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostel 333? Share your experiences!