“nice place good price” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Cuba to your Saves list
Hotel Cuba
Hotel Cuba
Republica de Cuba No. 69 | Col. Centro Histórico, Mexico City 06010, Mexico (Centro)   |
Ranked #171 of 282 hotels in Mexico City
basilea
“nice place good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

the place is a good one and not expensive. the rooms are simples but clean. don't expect too much from this hotel, but if you want simple accomodation and simple service is fine. ventilation and light are not the best. is in a good position to move around the central city. the area is not the safest in the city at night but police are very present.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

23 people have reviewed this hotel

El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Over the past several years, I have stayed at Hotel Cuba many times (and usually for three weeks at a time). Until the last several trips I had been very happy with the hotel, but the last two trips I had bad experiences.
In April I was forced to move to another room for one night at great inconvience to me. I had unpacked everything and was settled in for 3 weeks, I thought. Apparently management wanted my room for a group or large family and they gave me NO CHOICE.
This last trip was even worse.. I had made reservations three weeks in advance and requested that I would like one of the three rooms that I prefer. I recieved an e-mail saying reservation confirmed.. When I arrived I was told that the room(s)were not available and I was given a room with a double bed (the room I requested had a king size bed) and was an inside room with very poor ventilation.
I am sorry that the management apparently does not value good repeat customers..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

best quality,lower price in tips and guideliner,clean beach,clean rooms

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Ocosingo, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed in Hotel Cuba after a few VERY noisy nights in Hotel Republica just down the street. For only 250 pesos/night, I got a clean room, hardwood floors, a TV and a pretty nice bathroom. I don't know if they've changed their prices since but I later stayed with American friends in "nicer" hotels for $100/night and found them to be on par with Hotel Cuba.

The only problem I had was the noise. The hallways seem to amplify noise and they make random announcements to employees throughout the day. Very annoying, but still well worth the price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

It is not our first visit in Mexico DF. We spent many night at different hotels and this one disappoint us a lot. It looks fine when you visit but we had some surprised. If you choose a room on the street, you don't sleep because of the noise from this street. If you choose a room insight you stay awake until the last guest shutdown his TV (which was, for us, around midnight) and you are awake at 5 o'clock by the screemings coming from theese guests (most of them were Mexicain and didn't mind about noise) or the interior garage of the hotel. We wanted to stay there 2 weeks... we ran out after one night! We could not have hot water event if we asked for it many times. They did not supply hangers and the safe deposit in the room was out of service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Cuba? Share your experiences!