“Excellent meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Photo Bistro

Photo Bistro
Citlaltepetl No. 23-F, esq. Amsterdam | Col. Hipódromo Condesa., Mexico City, Mexico (Centro)
5286.5945
Neighborhood: Centro
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food and service are excellent. We had Duck with cognac sauce and Sea Bass al limon. The bistro has a very interesting photo collection too.

Visited February 2013

84% Recommend
New York
“Good Food, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My friend and I ate here on our last night in Mexico City. It was half a block from our hotel, and we had eaten so much Mexican food during the trip that a change of pace seemed in order.

I got the steak frites, my friend had a seafood bisque. Both were very good; the bisque was a giant bowl packed with seafood. The steak was a bit rare, but that was my fault for not speaking very good Spanish. Even rare, the steak was good.

The waiters here were really gracious and sweet, and went out of their way to make things pleasant. I was able to translate most of the menu for my friend, but was stumped on one of the desserts, some type of ice cream. I asked the waiter and, without hesitation, he went to the computer behind the bar and came back a moment later with a translation written out: "Snow Passion." I'm guessing it was passion fruit ice cream, and I appreciated his enthusiasm for helping us.

When we got the check, I was a little thrown by the roughly 16% E.V.A. tacked on. We'd been eating a lot of street food, but even at a couple of real restaurants we'd been to I hadn't seen this. When I asked the waiter about it, he explained it was a tax . . . but again, he was really pleasant and didn't get defensive. I was just trying to confirm that it wasn't a service charge, so I would know how much to tip.

Very nice experience overall.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“You Definitely Get More Than Your Bang For Your Buck!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went to Photo Bistro for breakfast and I have to say that it far exceeded my expectations!!! The food was great, service was spot on, the place is very cool and in a city that is increasingly becoming very expensive prices were great not compromising the quality!!! I will definitely return to try their regular menu for either lunch o dinner. I highly recommend it!!!

• Visited August 2012