“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico

You added Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico to your Saves list
Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Londres 130 Col. Juarez, Mexico City 06600, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Calinda Geneve Mexico City)   |
Ranked #42 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, very close to some bars, restaurants and tourist spots such as Angel of Independence and the beautiful parks along Paseo de la Raforma.
Seemed to be mostly business travelers in the hotel, but that didn't bother us.
Awesome beds!

Stayed June 2014
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
On behalf of all the Hotel Geneve colaborators and myself, let me thank you for the time to write this comment, our main concern is to get the best guest satisfaction, all of our guests comments are reviewed by me and the executive committee.
We hope to see you soon

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Whakatane, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great hotel to stay at - very clean and well presented. Beautiful reception areas and the atrium with the stained glass ceiling is just gorgeous. The breakfast room is another lovely area with gusts having the option of breakfast from the menu or the buffet. The location was perfect for using the subway, visiting sites, finding restaurants, accessing money exchanges and enjoying mexico city.
We had a room booked beside the atrium on the 2nd floor but when we arrived there in the early hours of Saturday morning there was a wedding reception being held in the atrium area. The noise from this was very loud and would have made sleeping at before the 3 am cut off time impossible. We asked for and were given a room in the older part of the hotel for that night and told we would be able to move back into our original room the next morning.
The room we were given was smaller but very quite and we were happy with this. When we went o reception the next morning to be moved back to our original room we were told that it had been given to another person but after some time the receptionist was able to give us the same type of room on a lower floor.
I suggest that anyone booking into the hotel inquires about any functions booked and the associated noise levels to determine if they will be affected.
Would like to give the hotel a 4.5 due to the inconvenience of the noise on the first night and the room booking issue but system does not allow.

Room Tip: Check to see that there are no functions on with noise levels that could affect the room you will be...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We thank you very much for staying with us and writting a review about your stay.
The Hotel Geneve staff is always looking to improve and give the best of service to all of our guests, we hope to see you soon.

Thanks again
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hello, I have never been to Hotel Geneve and had not heard of it until I was doing my family research. It just so happens that Thomas Sinclair Gore ( 1869-1955) was an architect who designed, built and owned the Hotel Geneve in the historic "Zona Rosa" district of Mexico City.
Once finding this out I had to look this up to see what this Hotel was about, and what an amazing surprise. I absolutely love what it looks like!! Well done in the care of this this Historic Lady!
I can tell you if I ever go to Mexico City I will be staying there, just the the beauty of it makes me want to travel there to experience it!
I was so happy to see so many grand pictures, thank you all for sharing those! Sincerely Diana Allen (ancestor)

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments, yes, you are right, Thomas Sinclair Gore was an architect who designed, built and owned the Hotel Geneve, since 1991 Ostar, a company of Grupo Carso own and operate this splendid hotel, in 2007, our President of the company started the remodelation of the Hotel with the main porpose of recovering the unic ambiance and escence of "the old times".

Thanks again for the time and comment about us, we really appreciate it.

Hope to see you soon

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I really loved the charm and richness of the hotel. It was like stepping back into a by-gone era with the elegant richness. Close by to shops and restaurants. The room walls are a bit thin though. Massage in the spa was nice. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
On behalf of the Geneve Hotel I really appreciate your kind comments and the time for written them, our main concern is to make our guest stay a pleasent one, all our guest comments are forward to our head departments to have the certainty that we are doing correctly our jobs

Thanks Again!!!!
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Much nicer than I expected, wonderful old hotel with personality and presence.

Spacious corner room was clean and comfortable, with two lovely windows that opened to a lively street scene. Even at the hottest part of the day, a gentle breeze cooled the room- but as the evening wound down, the sounds of the nighttime ambience were sealed out when the windows were shut. Hotel Geneve could hold her own in any European capital city.

The photos do not do justice to the public areas. This hotel sparkles at night and lends a touch of Old World class to the neighborhood. But the real reason I will return is the staff. Always a smile and a 'Buenos Dias' from every housekeeper, doorman or other support person you encounter. All requests were acted upon promptly.

The concierge, Señor Ariel, would be an asset to any five star hotel in London or Paris. His suggestions and advice were both helpful and personalized. His graciousness and hospitality were reflected by the staff around him. My family and I were treated warmly, as if we were invited guests in someone's home.

This establishment is highly recommended for couples, families and business travelers. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the front -- in our case, however, we enjoyed the front corner room. It was great for people watching and soaking up the experience of our first visit to Mexico City!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
On behalf of the Hotel Geneve, I'd like to thank you for the comment you made about our Hotel, our job is to exceed our guest expectations, we are very much concern in all our guest comments, they help us to achieve our main goal, I personally read each one of them and participate our colaborators about our guest experiences.
Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed for two nights to enjoy the weekend and wanted to be in Zona Rosa where there was some action. As many other reviewers have indicated, it's an old hotel with a very impressive lobby. My rate was $95/night and my room was adequate...nothing fancy and certainly no view, but it was clean and comfortable and quiet, the things that matter most to me. Water pressure was surprisingly good in both the sink and shower.. Wi-fi was included (as it should be everywhere) and was of good speed. As another reviewer remarked, the staff is a tad indifferent and not nearly as gracious as in many other hotels, but thankfully I didn't need to have too much interaction with them. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Luis Felipe B, General Manager at Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, be sure that I have just had a meeting with my staff to review your comment. The hotel Geneve culture and first concern is to exceed guest expectations, I apologize we didn't.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The lobby sells this place; it's old, historic, decorated like an european museum (but with mexican history relics) , and beautiful! Staying here just for the lobby is worth it. But the rest of the hotel experience isnt as charming: my bed was comfortable but nothing out of the ordinary. The shower head leaked water into the rest of the bathroom, and even fell off mid-shower. The service at the front desk was mediocre (they were nice enough but not very helpful or eager to serve...I had to talk them into printing my boarding pass instead of sending me to the business center). The lobby bar is attractive, with its dark ambience and velvet red/old london phone booth decor. But the service there is quite average. All 3 bar tenders and servers were found once texting and staring into their phones instead of offering me another drink...at 9:30 pm. The live musician on WED night was so bad that the bar was empty. He was lifeless, singing songs that would drive you to drink if you could get a server's attention. On THU night however, Miguel & Sofia performed. Miguel plays the guitar and Sofia sings, and she sings like an angel! I would stay there again just for the lobby and Sofia's voice. And if the price is below $140 I would highly recommend it for those 2 factors. But the rack rate is $190...crazy for a place like this. You have to find a deal on expedia or elsewhere to make it worth your while.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hotel Geneve appreciate your comments, I have take action regarding the servers at the bar, this is not by any chance our standard.

Sincerely

Been to Hotel Geneve Ciudad de Mexico? Share your experiences!