This is a good place to kick back in a chair in the court yard right next to your room and rest a while before your next adventure of the day in Mexico City. And the price is right. OK so the place is a tad funky, a tad worn but it is well kept up and wears well its 20's or 30's architectural character. The office help is attentive and the communal breakfast is served on Mexican dinnerware (none of that generic buffet you are likely to get in your average Mexican hotel). Because of its reputation and tradition, you may find yourself sharing your table with a visiting professor, a French anthropologist, a Mexican on business or a young Australian world traveler. It is all part of the ambiance. For dinner, just hop across the Paseo de la Reforma and you are in the Zona Rosa. A pair of walking shoes will take you to Chapultapec Park or to the Zocolo by way of the Palacio de Bella Artes. One note of caution: Some of the upstairs rooms are to be avoided. They are bad conversions from whatever was upstairs once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most important is that we want to make this your home away from home, at an accessible price.Casa Gonzalez is four old homes surrounded by courtyards and gardens of different eras that have been adapted to make a home for travelers. The two original homes were built by the current owners grandfather in the mid 1920's.One of the houses belonged to a famous movie star, Lupe Velez (who married Johnny Weissmuller for a few years).The latest addition was built in the early 1940's by a relatively well know architect, Roberto Buenrostro, as his private residence. The guest house started operating in the early 30's by the grandmother and great grandmother of the current owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Casa Gonzalez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Gonzalez Hotel Mexico City
- Casa Gonzalez Mexico City
- Hotel Casa Gonzalez Mexico City