I stayed at the Camino Real Polanco for one week on business in July 2014.
It is a very large establishment, with a bit of a resort feel (three swimming pools and numerous high end dining options). The location is ideal, in between Polanco and Avenida de la Reforma business district, and walking distance to Ave. Presidente Masaryk. The room was very nice and well equipped, with a great shower in the bathroom. It is starting to show its age a little bit, however, the carpets in the hallways in particular in need of a refresh.
I very much enjoyed the decor (lots of electric colours and interesting artwork), and especially the Blue Lounge (see attached photo), with seating on a glass floor over a water feature.
Overall, great for a business trip, but maybe too much of a convention hotel feel if I were staying in the DF on vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Real Polanco is unique architectural concept, created by highly-regarded architect Ricardo Legorreta. This space is considered a Hotel-Museum for its beauty and art collection. It opened its doors to the public on July 25, 1968, combining modern features with shapes clearly reminiscent of Prehispanic pyramids, the elements of which merge together to create a wonderful architectural work. Camino Real Polanco has hosted two soccer World Cups and the Olympic Games, as well as over 210 official visits from presidents and kings from all over the world. Category 5 Stars / 4 Diamonds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Camino Real Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Camino Real Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Camino Real