“Excellent hotel, neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel & Suites del Parque

Save Saved
You added Hotel & Suites del Parque to your Saves list
Hotel & Suites del Parque
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dakota # 155 Col. Napoles | Col. Napoles, Mexico City 03810, Mexico   |
Special Rate
$74 (USD)
Ranked #16 of 282 hotels in Mexico City
Vermont
“Excellent hotel, neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family occupied 6 rooms for four nights -- we were in the city for a wedding. The rooms are huge -- all with king beds, nice bathrooms, immaculately clean, very nice staff. I have two complaints -- one is the lighting in the rooms which was inadequate. We all noticed it. The other was the pull-out sofa. My daughter ended up with the mattress on the floor -- it was way more comfortable that way. Otherwise, this hotel is in a great neighborhood, convenient to the World Trade Center, MetroBus, Insurgentes, restaurants and a great coffee shop just a half-block away, Cielito. Since this hotel is just a few blocks from my father-in-law's, i would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 501 has a huge balcony (no balcony furniture unfortunately) and was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Suites del Parque, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are very happy to know that you will stay with us again and that you and your family enjoy your stay with us. Nevertheless we feel sorry to know you were not fond of the lightening and the pull-out sofa. As you may know, in the hotel we work with light saving bulbs as part of our commitment with the environment. Unfortunately the light provided by these may appear weaker to some guests, but we assure you these bulbs are carefully chosen and periodically revised.
As for the sofa, we will be happy to check all of them so we can locate the flaw they may have.
Thank you for your sincere comments, we dearly hope to receive you again.

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cancun, Q.R. Mexico & Orlando, FL USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is my new "go to" hotel in Mexico City. A boutique hotel with 20 rooms, 4 per floor. I stayed in Room 401. Huge room with King, large bathroom, wall safe and bottled water.

I can highly recommend this hotel. I read about discourteous staff but everyone I dealt with was polite and helpful. I also read a complaint about a fee for an early check in. I arrived around 1:30 pm, was told (I already knew) that my room would be ready at 3:00 pm. The lady said they would check my suitcase if I wanted. I took care of some things and returned after 3:00 and I was escorted to the room. Only $45 US plus tax of 18.5%. I had booked on the hotel website.

I did not try the restaurant. It is not too big but it was always busy. Lots of nearby places to eat but I would suggest not eating at the place out the door, to the left and a block down on the right. Neon sign reads MARISCOS (Seafood). Nothing was good but the decorating.

If you need something to do there is a multi screen Cinemex, less than $5 US. Easy to see but hard to find the entrance. Just ask for directions but you enter the WTC thru big doors to the left of the Scotiabank ATM, then up 3 floors on the escalator.

This was not an issue and my feeling is tht had it been a problem for me, it would have been quickly dealt with, but there was not a luggage rack in the room. Again, no problem for me.

I had lots of running around to do and the bellman called a cabbie, I presume a friend. This guy ran me around, on amd off for two days, waited for me when I asked, or came back for me when asked. I am going to be back there tomorrow and he is meeting me upon arrival at the bus station, running me around for a bit, then taking me to the airport. The cabbie is Gerardo Plata. Cabs re not metered there so get the rate up front.

Room Tip: 401 is as good as it gets. Request luggage rack if not there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Suites del Parque, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your complete and sincere review about your recent stay with us. We feel very glad to know we were able to transmit to you our deep commitment with our guests satisfaction as well as with offering different alternatives for all the requirements they might have for improving their experience.
Maybe for your next stay you would consider visiting us also on our popular restaurant “Le Gourmet”. This place is our pride, since it maintains the classical and polite attention combined with delicious tasty food. Therefore our guests are always eager to return and spend a most pleasant occasion with their friends or family. We would love the opportunity of also receiving you in this restaurant so please consider it for your next stay. We are sure you will not regret this!
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

the place is just in front wtc it is a very nice small boutique hotel, very well kept, nice and spacious rooms, though some small details in furniture maintenance
Beware greed is wining behalf service and hospitality if you arrive eralier than their stablish entrance hour 3pm even if they have rooms aviable they will charge you half a day extra for allow you in, beside this surprising situation all the rest was excellent

Room Tip: all rooms are alike only four per floor i prefer inside rooms to avoid noice and those rooms also ha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Suites del Parque, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for selecting us as your allocation option for your business at the World Trade Center. It was our pleasure to attend you and it will always be a privilege to receive you on such occasions. On the other hand, we feel very sorry that you felt like you describe towards our “Early Check-in” option. When our guests arrive a little earlier and we have their rooms ready, we feel more than pleased in granting the access to them with no extra charge. Nevertheless, sometimes this is not possible since our Check out time is at noon, and the chamber mates still have to clean the empty but dirty rooms.
Nevertheless if our guests arrive long before the arrival scheduled time, and our availability allows it, the “Early Check in” option is offered to our guests so they can occupy their room like they request to. In case our guests decline this option, we still work our best in order to have their room ready as soon as possible in order to assign it. As another alternative, we also offer luggage storage service so our guests can sightsee while their room is ready to be occupied.
Welsh, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Our hotel Suite was spacious, comfortable, and clean. The large shower was refreshing. Service from the entire staff was exceptional. The del Parque staff was most helpful in suggesting sites we may want to see. They made our stay in Mexico City enjoyable. This staff will go beyond what is expected to provide you with accurate information about Mexico City. The room rates are quite affordable. When I return to Mexico City, I will stay there.

Room Tip: Our room had sliding glass door and balcony rail from which you could view the neighborhood. Many do...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Irma M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Suites del Parque, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for your kind comment. We feel very proud to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us as well as the service provided by our staff. As you mention, we are always looking for ways to overcome our guests´ expectations and offer them unique experiences. Due to this we are constantly encouraging our guests to inform us about their specific needs in order to offer them the best alternatives for each particular case; from room requirements to touristic activities and spots, we will always assist you as we did on your last visit.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Good location, good price and great rooms. I stayed here with my parents for a few nights and we all loved it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Irma M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel & Suites del Parque, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for your kind review, please think of us next time you visit the city.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great little hotel. The rooms are big, comfortable. The location if you need to be at the WTC or close to it can't be beat. The restaurant has a fine staff and ample menu.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind comments. Indeed, our location is very helpful to our guests who have the need to go to the World Trade Center. Although we are also pleased to help our guests to reach any other place they might need to go. Thanks for your comment and please think of us in your next trip.
Tampico, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I booked a room in this hotel about a month before my arrival in order to take advantage of a low rate. When I checked in nobody told me that my room had no a/c until I got into it. I dialed to the receptionist and it was then when he told me that it was broken. I asked to be moved to another room because I booked a room with a/c, but they told me they had no more rooms availables. I asked to talk to the manager but the desk clerk was the one that talked to him. They offered me a meal for two persons because of the inconvenient, but I decided to leave the hotel. That day Mexico city reached 30°C and sleeping with no a/c would have been very annoying. It is a shame because the place seemed to be a nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
We understand your annoyance and take your comments very seriously. Our concept is a Boutique hotel with only 20 rooms, which means that being sold out is easy, having no extra rooms available. Unfortunately, the day of your arrival the high occupancy did allowed us to have a chance to offer you another room. That precise day, the a/c got broken and we could not repair it the same day. Nowadays all a/c have been checked and are working properly. In addition we have established a more efficient preventive work plan and if something is not working properly, we will be able to repair it before guests enter the room.
Please accept our dearest apology and we hope that someday you visit us again so you can check by yourself the improvements made

Been to Hotel & Suites del Parque? Share your experiences!