“great service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Del Angel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Del Angel to your Saves list
Hotel Del Angel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rio Lerma 154, Col. Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City 06500, Mexico   |
Ranked #233 of 280 hotels in Mexico City
El Paso, Texas
“great service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

small hotel nothing luxury. great service... it is the mexican motel 8,

Room Tip: ask for the 8 floor is remodeled and it is very nice...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a GREAT LOCATION, but other than that needs a major makeover. The girl at the front desk could never be bothered despite their "we're here to serve you" motto. The rooms are dark & drab and the linens definitely need replacing as they have lots of stains. The hallways are kind of creepy at night as the motion light sensors don't always work. the shower stalls are small and with fixed shower heads that can't be adjusted, showering is not the most comfortable experience. Don't waste your time or your money!

Stayed March 2012
Acapulco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Small hotel with a great location. Basic room with basic services. Free internet and free valet parking. Walking distance to great restaurants and parks. Nothing fancy but a simple place to rest.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

I arrived just overnight to catch a flight early in the morning. I had a paid night with expedia. I sent the reservation to the front desk, gave a printed copy, and they did no honored my reservation. The clerk of the front desk asked me to gave an open voucher for amennieties, which is a normal, BUT when i checked out on oct 31 st 2011. Efrain palmeros retained my original voucher and refused to give it me back, his argument was that maybe i could had cancelled my expedia reservation and they wouldn ' t be able to charge me if i had done such a bad thing. The staff doesn't speak englisg ( nor spanish, i am mexican) i talked with adriana ulibarri the general manager and she said that was te regular process for internet reservations. So, i hope the dont charge my crdit card and get my vouchers back. Is worth to pay a little more for a chain hotel there are some cheaps ones as well.

• Stayed October 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011 via mobile

My 2 friends and I stayed here from 10/13-10/17. We arrived at the hotel at 5:30am and were given a room immediately even though check-in wasn't until 3pm. A 3rd friend met us there as we checked In and the hotel didn't charge us for the extra person even though we only paid for 3 people. The location was good about a 2 blocks from the U.S. embassy and a block from the Angel de Oro. There are some restaurants/bars on the same street as well as a Hooters. The hotel isn't the Ritz but the room was clean and had enough space for 4. Stayed In #801. ask for David the taxi guy to show you around.

• Stayed October 2011
Chula Vista, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Me and my girlfriend were on a ten day trip to three places of Mexico including a two-night stay at the Hotel del Angel in Mexico City. After the first night we headed out on day just going to do tourist related stuff. But before we left, we managed to set the do not disturb sign which was provided by the hotel on the outside door handle. I managed to forget my cell phone behind because of all the other stuff we wanted to carry (water, camera, money etc.). So as we came back to the room, we notice our only room key was for some reason deactivated. Once we got it reactivated and eventually went into the room, we noticed the bed was done and the bathroom was restocked. Not only that, my cell phone went missing. We reported it to the front desk and they put very little effort on resolving the issue. The weird thing is, we spoke directly to the female housekeeper that cleaned our room the following day and she said that the manager had told her to clean our room even though she was quite aware that the do not disturb sign was clearly posted in front of the room. It was absolutely hard to even get a hold of the manager and had no sympathy for our lost when we did speak with him. May I also mention that another guest just a couple of doors down over heard our conversation with the housekeeper and spoke with us moments after about getting something stolen from her room. She said that she had 200 pesos taken from her room.

If you really wanted to take the risk on staying at this hotel room because of its affordability, make good use of the safe. But to be honest, a cheap hotel room does not outweigh the cost of losing something personal and having your privacy invaded.

If you were my friend I would say to look for another place. Its not worth the stress. Its better to have a peace of mind when enjoying such an amazing city.

Plus another thing, we did not have running hot water on our second day there till later in the evening. There only solution front desk suggested was to let the water run, which did not do a thing.

They also need to repair the cracked tub and sink in the room where we stayed in.

These people are shady.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Del Angel? Share your experiences!