I have stayed at this establishment twice now, both times for business, and both times for four nights.
The hotel is located in the historic section of the city just a five minute walk from the Zocalo (Central Square in front of the National Palace) and Cathedral. There are tons of restaurants and lots of shopping right outside the door. The street vendors make up in enthusiasm and quantity of artisan type shopping what the stores themselves may not have.
The hotel restaurant food is good - the breakfast is particularly yummy with lots of fruit, traditional Mexican fare as well as pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon.
The first time I stayed I had a tiny room with a double bed, desk, tv and a very small bathroom in which there was a closet and some shelves. The second time I stayed I had a room four times the size of the first with a king size bed, desk, tv, much larger bathroom, two chairs with a table between and a closet area that was separate from the bathroom.
In both cases, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, but the pillows were a bit small and kind of flat.
Each day the room is replenished with two bottles of drinking water which I used for teeth brushing as well as to take with my during the day. The daily cleaning service was absolutely thorough.
Its entrance is on a pedestrian-only street so your taxi will have to drop you at the corner, but its half a block so not a big deal. On your way out, the front desk will arrange to have the cab let the bellman know when they arrive, and the bellman will take your luggage to the cab for you.
- Also Known As:
- Tulip Inn Ritz Mexico Hotel Mexico City
- Tulip Inn Ritz Mexico Hotel
- Tulip Inn Mexico City
- Ritz Mexico City
- Mexico City Ritz
- Golden Tulip Mexico City
- Tulip Inn Ritz Mexico Mexico City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the Mexicos capital, one of the worlds largest cities, in a culturally interactive environment that combines sophistication and modern conveniences with thousands of years of history, making it one of the country's most popular tourist cities. Tulip Inn Ritz Hotel is a revived architectural and historical jewel of XIX Century. The 120 totally remodeled rooms with all their amenities will provide you a magnificent satisfaction. Our flexible meeting facilities with a full service cater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Tulip Inn Ritz Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.