“Nice hotel for tight budgets” 4 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Stella Maris to your Saves list
Ranked #80 of 284 Hotels in Mexico City
“Nice hotel for tight budgets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice and affordable. It's a few blocks away from Reforma and Insurgentes. We found some hairs on our bed on our first night, but it was past midnight and were not in the mood for placing complaints, so we did a quick cleanup. We paid $58 per night for a double room. It's located in a very transited area, we were all the way on the 5th floor and we could listen to traffic early in the morning. They have a restaurant next to lobby with affordable and decent food. All in all, its the best hotel i've stayed for just $58 bucks a night!!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

it is the 2nd time I am in this Hotel the 1st time I was in the 6th floor in room 609 there was the AC not working on 4 of 10 days of my stay. I had to call the front desk each time but then it was ok.

And now I am in the 1st floor and here is the water in the shower only a little bit warm.

The room is clean and in a good shape it has a safe but in the hotel are no refrigerators

The Restaurant is not really good but it is expensive and has a bad service. Breakfast should be each day starting at 7 am but sometimes it is 9 am till they are ready! And when you pay they are totally crazy about asking for a Tip.

But this is not a Problem there are a lot of Restaurants and also attractions within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recommend this hotel its beautiful and all the staff its really really kind also the neighborhood its really safe .the hotel has parking , a beautiful fitness center and also a pool ,this hotel its perfect for families

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wow !! very impressed with this boutique hotel!! and surprised that it looks just as nice as the pictures!! its about 4 blocks off Reforma Ave (major st) and about 6 blocks from the Angel independence intersection. I like that its not right on the majn st. I"m american & hear learning more spanish so its nice that the staff is very friendly but primarily speaks spanish. The view from my room was amazing, cityviews and then the park accross the st!! This reminds me of the boutique hotels in New york by Central park that would cost 3x more!! Also; wifi is fast!!, business center & pool are a bonus, walking distance to Reforma ave, great water pressure, decent siZed room, no ridge, soft bed and overall meets my expectations for a boutique hotel but I'm soo glad it cost waaaay less.

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Stella Maris many years ago but we will never forget our experience there. One day during our stay at the Stella Maris, we realized that all of the money that we had left to pay for our return home had been lost somewhere in the city or hotel. A few minutes later, we got a call from the front desk asking if we had lost some money. It was, indeed, our lost cash, and after we identified it, it was immediately delivered to our hotel room. We will be forever grateful to the hotel staff for returning it to us.

Room Tip: Sorry but our stay was so long ago that we do not recall anything about the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bogotá
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

the Stella Maris is only about 20 minutes (or up to 1 hour, if the traffic is bad) away from the international airport.
It´s located in front of a small park where 2-3 times a week a market takes place (from clothes up to food).
A few blocks away, you´ll find the Reforma shopping center.

The hotel counts with a small exercise room now (2-3 treadmills; exercise bikes) which is not very inviting - but helps you, if you want to move your body.

The rooms are clean and practical. A bit small and without minibar.
Nevertheless - for USD 40/night, it´s a great value for money!!!

On the top floor, there used to be a swim-up bar:
The bar´s closed; the pool is still there - but a bit shabby and not inviting.

The staff is friendly and helpful. Good service.
Breakfast was not included in the price - but for aprox. USD 10 you get a comprehensive breakfast buffet.
The restaurant also offers dinner - good value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing to the front side (park)!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this place. It's a no-frills place that provided everything I need without nickle and diming me for every additional service. Sure, the wifi was not terribly reliable, but I got it in my room and didn't have to pay extra...or enter a long, complicated password a dozen times before I got it right. Restaurant was fine, staff were nice and helpful...didn't speak English, but why should they....I don't speak Spanish. Got lots of use out of my Spanish for beginners phrase book and dictionary.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Stella Maris? Share your experiences!