“Wow !! very impressed with this boutique hotel!!” 4 of 5 stars

Stella Maris
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sullivan No. 69, Mexico City 06470, Mexico   |
Ranked #71 of 295 Hotels in Mexico City
texas
“Wow !! very impressed with this boutique hotel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow !! very impressed with this boutique hotel!! and surprised that it looks just as nice as the pictures!! its about 4 blocks off Reforma Ave (major st) and about 6 blocks from the Angel independence intersection. I like that its not right on the majn st. I"m american & hear learning more spanish so its nice that the staff is very friendly but primarily speaks spanish. The view from my room was amazing, cityviews and then the park accross the st!! This reminds me of the boutique hotels in New york by Central park that would cost 3x more!! Also; wifi is fast!!, business center & pool are a bonus, walking distance to Reforma ave, great water pressure, decent siZed room, no ridge, soft bed and overall meets my expectations for a boutique hotel but I'm soo glad it cost waaaay less.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Stella Maris many years ago but we will never forget our experience there. One day during our stay at the Stella Maris, we realized that all of the money that we had left to pay for our return home had been lost somewhere in the city or hotel. A few minutes later, we got a call from the front desk asking if we had lost some money. It was, indeed, our lost cash, and after we identified it, it was immediately delivered to our hotel room. We will be forever grateful to the hotel staff for returning it to us.

Room Tip: Sorry but our stay was so long ago that we do not recall anything about the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bogotá
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

the Stella Maris is only about 20 minutes (or up to 1 hour, if the traffic is bad) away from the international airport.
It´s located in front of a small park where 2-3 times a week a market takes place (from clothes up to food).
A few blocks away, you´ll find the Reforma shopping center.

The hotel counts with a small exercise room now (2-3 treadmills; exercise bikes) which is not very inviting - but helps you, if you want to move your body.

The rooms are clean and practical. A bit small and without minibar.
Nevertheless - for USD 40/night, it´s a great value for money!!!

On the top floor, there used to be a swim-up bar:
The bar´s closed; the pool is still there - but a bit shabby and not inviting.

The staff is friendly and helpful. Good service.
Breakfast was not included in the price - but for aprox. USD 10 you get a comprehensive breakfast buffet.
The restaurant also offers dinner - good value for money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing to the front side (park)!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this place. It's a no-frills place that provided everything I need without nickle and diming me for every additional service. Sure, the wifi was not terribly reliable, but I got it in my room and didn't have to pay extra...or enter a long, complicated password a dozen times before I got it right. Restaurant was fine, staff were nice and helpful...didn't speak English, but why should they....I don't speak Spanish. Got lots of use out of my Spanish for beginners phrase book and dictionary.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Oaxaca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

I had a terrible experience. If you get a room in the back, off the street, there is a dog that barks all night on the roof of a neighboring building. Then there was a party until 5 am. And when I complained the person at the desk was very rude and told me that he would have to move half of the hotel if everyone complained like I did and that if he did move me to the street side that I would complain about the street noise. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone. The food was also awful.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed for 4 nights at the Stella Maris. We were pleasantly surprised about the hotel. Nice and clean rooms, close to center, Zona Rosa and Condesa, friendly staff and moderately priced.

Only downside is, that there is really nothing in terms of restaurants/entertainment around the hotel, but Zona Rosa is only a couple of minutes away.

We ate ones at the restaurant, food was okay.

Overall, we were very pleased and will definitely stay at the Stella Maris again, when we visit Mexico City next time.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2005

I LOVE this place! I've stayed here 3 times and the staff greets me each time as if I were family. The rooms are clean, comfortable. There is a wonderful park across the street where we have gone several times and have made friends there - dogs as well as people! The restaurant food is wonderful, the staff is courteous and always makes me feel special. I feel so comfortable here and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2005