“nice hotel but terrible beds” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sevilla Palace

You added Sevilla Palace to your Saves list
Sevilla Palace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Paseo de La Reforma 105 | Colonia Tabacalera, Mexico City 06030, Mexico   |
Ranked #72 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Atlanta, GA
“nice hotel but terrible beds”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

My local office booked me at this hotel when I traveled to Mexico City last week. The hotel itself was quite nice with lots of amenities, but the beds were unbelievable.

The beds were bolted to the floor and were so hard that i tried to sleep in the chair! That did not work so i took the comforter and the extra blanked and folded them up several times to make a cushy pad to sleep on!

Next time I'm staying next door at the Embassy Suites even if it costs more!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mission Viejo, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

A gem of a hotel with friendly, competent staff. Most guests at the Sevilla Palace are business people and the staff are attentive to their demanding needs. This is a plus for us pleasure travelers for we get the same quality service.

I especially enjoy the location of the hotel near the Columbus Circle intersection and request rooms with a view of Paseo de La Reforma Ave. Easy access to all areas that I want to visit and the hotel offers free indoor parking for guests.

Have stayed at the Sevilla Palace numerous times and will continue to do so.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Four days stop in mexico city before going back to Europe. The hotel is well mantained and everyone is very kind and helpful.
Te hotel offers a beautiful swimming pool on the top roof garden, with a beautiful view of the city.
On the contrary rooms are too small and there is a big television that takes almosta half of the disposable space.
This hotel has very convenient special weekend fares but, we were very surprised, if you want to use the internet you have to buy 6 or 12 hour packages and you can't disconnect! So if you read your emails before going to sleep the morning after you have to buy another packege. It's incredible in one month spent in Mexico this is never happened. The worst thing is that at "centro de negocios", were you buy the package noone tells you anythingabout that.
Another thing that we didn't like is that the hotel ask credit card authorzation of about the double you are suppose to spend in the hotel. Also in this case no one tells anything in advance.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We were very satisfied with this hotel. Although it was farther away from the historic center from previous trips, we were not disappointed. The pool and gym are located on the rooftop which has awesome views of Mexico City. The facilities were open until 10pm. Since this is a business hotel, the gym and pool were usually empty from 9am-4pm. The gym had various cardio machines and many weight machines. All with a city view. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel had a great wireless internet connection which was free! The hotel had a decent cafe restaurant which we ate at once. It is surrounded by great taco stands and restaurants. The walking distance to the metro is about 2 large blocks (15 minutes). The hotel also has a great staffed business center, travel agency, beauty salon/barber shop, and gift shop.

Tips: We purchased all our bottled water at the local OXXO stores because they were cold and at a great price. DO NOT use the taxi's waiting outside of the hotel. Although they are trustworthy, they overcharge.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
key west,FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

Just come back from 7 days stay in these Hotel, all staff was very helpfull , polite and ready to help , any time .Rooms clean, daily service. Great location, 30 min walking distance to Museum , downtown, shoping, metro . Good breakfast in hotel restaurant , we did use hotel restaurant for dinner 2 x. Starbuck cross the streat for good coffe.
Well vorth take hotel "taxi" to pyramid - all day $150.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

My husband and i went on a familly vacation with my aunt, cousins and grandmother and we ALL loved it!
Everyone was VERY nice and polite, had no problems with anything. My cousins are thinking about coming back this Dec08 since my aunt past away in 05 and we are probably going back with them for the memories :),
This hotel is the BEST, great location and very SAFE :)

S&K from Fort Smith, Arkansas

• Liked — great location and friendliness
  • Disliked — it was all good
  • Stayed December 2004, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

I've been to this hotel twice in less than a month. I stayed for 4 nights each time but on my next trip I'll probably change.
I have nothing against this hotel, I just want to try something else so I can compare properly.
I'll probably edit this post once i return to Mexico but the for the time beeing let me quickly describe my experience.
The rooms are very large and if you get a high exterior room you'll have a great view over the city (ask for the back side of the hotel, more quiet and better view). The bed was very big and comfortable and I had everything I needed: big desk, arm chair etc... The bathrom did seem a little old but it was functional enough.
I dinned at the Naranjo's several times and it was worth it. Most of the employees were very pleasent (specially the maids) but the front desk people not so much.
One thing that made my stay very positive was the all around wifi connection. I travel with my laptop all the time and it was great to use the internet even during breakfast.

As I said, it is a nice hotel, but before I give my final opinion I'd like to compare it with another 5 star hotel in Mexico D.F.

• Liked — Big rooms
  • Disliked — A little old fashion, poor bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sevilla Palace? Share your experiences!