“great guest service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sevilla Palace

You added Sevilla Palace to your Saves list
Sevilla Palace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C. SERAPIO RENDON COL. SAN RAFAEL 124 | Colonia Tabacalera, Mexico City 06030, Mexico   |
Ranked #55 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
key west,FL
“great guest service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

Just come back from 7 days stay in these Hotel, all staff was very helpfull , polite and ready to help , any time .Rooms clean, daily service. Great location, 30 min walking distance to Museum , downtown, shoping, metro . Good breakfast in hotel restaurant , we did use hotel restaurant for dinner 2 x. Starbuck cross the streat for good coffe.
Well vorth take hotel "taxi" to pyramid - all day $150.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

My husband and i went on a familly vacation with my aunt, cousins and grandmother and we ALL loved it!
Everyone was VERY nice and polite, had no problems with anything. My cousins are thinking about coming back this Dec08 since my aunt past away in 05 and we are probably going back with them for the memories :),
This hotel is the BEST, great location and very SAFE :)

S&K from Fort Smith, Arkansas

• Liked — great location and friendliness
  • Disliked — it was all good
  • Stayed December 2004, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2008

I've been to this hotel twice in less than a month. I stayed for 4 nights each time but on my next trip I'll probably change.
I have nothing against this hotel, I just want to try something else so I can compare properly.
I'll probably edit this post once i return to Mexico but the for the time beeing let me quickly describe my experience.
The rooms are very large and if you get a high exterior room you'll have a great view over the city (ask for the back side of the hotel, more quiet and better view). The bed was very big and comfortable and I had everything I needed: big desk, arm chair etc... The bathrom did seem a little old but it was functional enough.
I dinned at the Naranjo's several times and it was worth it. Most of the employees were very pleasent (specially the maids) but the front desk people not so much.
One thing that made my stay very positive was the all around wifi connection. I travel with my laptop all the time and it was great to use the internet even during breakfast.

As I said, it is a nice hotel, but before I give my final opinion I'd like to compare it with another 5 star hotel in Mexico D.F.

• Liked — Big rooms
  • Disliked — A little old fashion, poor bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

Very nice hotel, wonderful amenities. Here is my review:

Positives:

- Pool in the pent house, very nice view of the city from the top of the hotel
- Travel agency in the hotel were very friendly, they have a lot of different tours to choose from

- Lounge area by the restaurant where you have a piano player, a nice place to relax

- Rooms are extra clean, the furniture looks very attractive and nicely chosen

- Bell boys service was good.

- Staff and waiters at the restaurant were very friendly and provided very nice service.

- Location, it was safe for me to walk in the streets around the hotel even during the night

Negatives:

1. Noise, if you are in a room in the center of the hotel atrium, expect to hear the piano playing until 11:00 PM while in your room. Worse, if there is a party going on in one of their dancing halls, it may continue to 3:00 AM in the morning. Therefore, make sure to ask for a room as far away from the noise as possible if you want to get some sleep.

2. Internet charges: They charge you by time intervals, 12 hours (92 pesos )or 24 hours (138 pesos). I thought this was inconvenient for a long stay, it would be nice if they charge one flat rate for the stay or provide the internet for free like other hotels in Mexico city. Sometimes you can negotiate to get 24 hours for the price of 12

Other tips:
- The Taxis standing by the hotel are super expensive. You can stop a green beetle taxi or a white and red taxi for your ride instead and save up to 80% of the price. However, be careful and make sure the meter in the taxis are working.

- There is a nice taco restaurant I liked very much by the hotel, it is called El-Caminero. It was not very expensive (around 80 pesos for dinner including a drink). The food tasted extremely delicious!! When you exit the hotel main door, make a left then walk until you reach the first side street, make a left again and walk around 300 M, the Restaurant will be on your left.

Stayed November 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

Overall our stay was good. Room was a good size and in good condition. The view from the room was great too. It faced the main boulevard (Reforma) and had a great view of the city. The hotel is not in a touristry area, but was was very centralized and the area felt VERY safe to walk around in (even at night). Bellboy and concierge service was excellent. They were always very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was great...and so was the service. Our waiter Antonio was so sweet and attentive.

Front desk service was not as great. It wasn't BAD, but wasn't GREAT either. The person that helped us at check-in was at the front desk pretty much all throughout our stay there. She wasn't flat out rude or anything, but she wasnt very helpful either. Her affect was typically flat and sometimes she seemed annoyed when we asked her a question. We also had a problem with the breakfast vouchers. Breakfast was supposed to be included free with our stay (as per our on-line reservation), however we did not recieve vouchers at check-in and then were denied the vouchers when we inquired and were told that breakfast was not included...with no further explanation. (We chose not to argue about it because we did not have the reservation print out to verfy it).
The room's AC was also very loud, so we just decided to turn it off when we went to bed.

One tip about taxis: When the bellboy/concierge staff see you walking out, they will typically ask you whether you want a cab and will call one for you. The cabs they call are VERY expensive as compared to the ones you can hail on the street. We were charged $100.00 pesos by the hotel taxi to go from the hotel to the Palacio Bellas Artes,. However on our way back, we hailed a red & white taxi from the street which charged us $20.00 pesos for the same route. When we figured out this major difference in price, we decided to take red & white taxis only during our stay in Mexico City and had very good experience with them (even considering that we were all females). The red & whites can be hailed right from in front of the hotel as well. Some have meters and some don't. If they don't, ask for the price before you get in.

Stayed July 2007
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2005

I stayed in this hotel twice while on business in the spring of 2005. I found the hotel to be a good value for the money, at least in Mexico City terms. It has pretty good amenities--a pool, small gym, and business center which are rare in hotels in this price category. I was pleasantly surprised by the cheaper of its two restaurants Naranjos. The food was quite good--a nice blend of traditional Mexican and international. A good value for the price. I ate at the more expensive restaurant one night and paid a lot more for food that wasn't really all that good. The staff are helpful and friendly, and the rooms are very clean as someone else pointed out.

However, the hotel has 4 negative points that ultimately have led me not to return.
1) Internet is only available in the rooms on the courtyard side of the hotel. This side of the building has virtually no natural sunlight reaching the rooms.
2) Rooms on the street side are very noisy. Reforma is a MAJOR avenue with very bad traffic jams. (Of course, you get a bird's eye view of all protests, which can be interesting).
3) Even the rooms on the street side are very dark, and frankly depressing.
4) The entrances to all the rooms are on a central atrium. This is an interesting architectual feature and quite attractive (in a 1960s/70s kind-of way), but it's not such a good arrangement if you are a single woman. You can see what room anyone goes into from pretty much any point in the atrium, including the restaurant. So, I felt a bit vulnerable.

Overall, it's a good choice for people on a budget. Like so many hotels in the center it was built during an unfortunate period for architecture and style, so the rooms and furniture are funky colors and a little awkward. But, that's not their fault. They do a good job with what they have.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

For our one-week vacation, my partner and I choose this hotel based on the location, price, and previous trip advisor reviews. The hotel is centrally located in the business district, on the Paseo de la Reforma, and is very accessible by public transportation or cab. The nearest metro station is Hidalgo, which is five blocks away. The Mexican Metro system is comparable to the Washington, DC and New York City systems. For those who are adventurous, the bus stops are across the street from the hotel. You can walk to the Zocalo and Zona Rosa, and it’s about a10 minute cab ride to Condesa and Polanco. In less than one-two blocks, you can get to the post office, convenience store, internet café, fast food restaurants, and car rental offices.

We had a non-smoking room with double beds (a sitting area included) on the 21st floor for $71.00/night. Please request a city view; it’s a must!! You can enjoy the Mexico City view in the day and night. The room was very, very clean. Every night, the housekeeping staff would refresh the room and turn down the beds. We found most of the hotel staff extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. The concierge and front-desk staff spoke English.

A few more comments that we would add are (1) do not exchange your dollars at the hotel since the exchange rate is lower than other exchange services; (2) although the cab stand is expensive, it is very safe; and (3) be aware that most museums are closed on Mondays so plan ahead.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Sevilla Palace? Share your experiences!