“Sevilla Palace DF. Not bad at all.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sevilla Palace

You added Sevilla Palace to your Saves list
Sevilla Palace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C. SERAPIO RENDON COL. SAN RAFAEL 124 | Colonia Tabacalera, Mexico City 06030, Mexico   |
Ranked #55 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Calgary, Canada
“Sevilla Palace DF. Not bad at all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Sevilla Palace offers comfort in the heart of Mexico City.

Hotel building
Yes the building is a bit old and needs some updating. Sitting in the lobby it dawned on me that the decor is reminecent of the movie "Barbarella" with Jane Fonda. It must be said that it is clean however. There are smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Lobby
The lobby is ok with front desk, sitting area and doormen / bellboys at your service. Ask them if you need a cab as not all cabs serve the hotel. A cab ride to the Zocalo should cost you about $170 pesos.

Restaurant

Restaurant
is on the 4th floor. In the elevator, select the letter 'R'.

Location:
Great location on the Reforma, most sites are just a quick 15 -20 min cab ride away. (museum, Zocalo etc). Convenience store just 50 meters down the block and restaurants and coffee shops close by.

The food in the restaurant is very good. This includes breakfast. Good variety and something for everyone. For a change you can cross the street to the Fiesta Americana hotel as they have a very nice buffet every day.

Staff
Staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Our doorman was able to arrange a cab and a tour to the Teotihuacan ruins right from the front door of the hotel.

Rooms
Try to get an outside room as the "inner rooms" face a concrete courtyard. There is a coffee machine in the room but it has a price tag on it so I assume you will be charged for it if you use it. Too bad!! Coffee in the room should be free. There are a couple of free water bottles in the room. Room was very quiet and relaxing. There is a/c that I ran only when I was not in the room as it makes noise and gets too cold. The windows (full lenght) in the outer rooms have a sliding horizontal door at about foot level that you can open to allow outside air into the room.
The main hotel room door can be secured with chain and deadbolt. Closet is large with ironing board, iron, safe, hangers. Phone in the toilet but a lack of places to hang towels.

Conclusion
I would stay there again as the location is good, staff friendly and the hotel is clean. Food is great.

Room Tip: Get an outside room as they have a view. Inside rooms open up to a concrete terrace.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

First let me start by saying we were traveling with our 19 month old. We requested a mini fridge in the room for our 5-day stay. They told us we'd have to leave a $50 deposit and then could use the mini bar which was not that cold and was full (we had to take stuff out to put in milk). Our first room would not cool down even after we spent 2 hours waiting for the maintenance guy to show up to fix it, so we had to be moved...wasted an afternoon not exploring the city because of this. If you have a stroller, be prepared that unless it's a lightweight stroller, you may have trouble rolling it to the "open" part of the room to store it. If someone smokes in another room, it will pass into your room. The space between the beds and the dressers is minimal. Then we had to put our suitcase over a part of the base of the window because it slides open, wide enough for my son's body to slip through, except for his head (room 2104). My husband didn't want to report this (he speaks Spanish and I don't, so he won). The bathrooms...they put the drying hand towel next to the toilet (away from the sink), the towel drying hook (not rack) is over the bathroom phone, there's no heat vent to suck out the moisture. The "big" towels cover my son horizontally from his shoulders to this butt. The towels smell badly too...a bit like old milk, so I had to hold my breath when drying my face. I'm not sure if it's because they are old or if it's the detergent used. But several towels had this horrible smell. One day we had housekeeping remove our unused/unopened bar of soap when they cleaned. I'm not sure if they were lacking in supply, as they were running short on facial washcloths, but I thought this was bad form. Then one day we had a do not disturb sign on our door in order to get our toddler to take a nap. What does housekeeping do? They call our room to ask if we still wanted to not be disturbed and have our room cleaned. The ringing phone nearly woke up my son. My husband had to explain to them several times that our son was taking a "siesta". I was LIVID that they would not respect the sign! We had to have 2-3 key cards redone because they wouldn't work. I do not recommend this hotel at all. Nothing but problems. Oh and if you want to use the safe...You have to put a $50 deposit down. I assume it's refunded after the stay, but I don't know. Two positives: The beds were fairly comfortable and rooms are clean.

Room Tip: don't get room 806 (broken A/C) or 2104 (window issue)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Sevilla Palace, it's centrally located on Reforma. Excellent rates and very comfortable. The very best of hotels in Mexico City!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Located at Reforma, a busy street close to business and political centers of Mexico.
It is an old hotel and desperately needs an uplift.
Furniture and carpets need to be replaced.
Rooms are fair sized and confortable.
As in most old hotels in Mexico City, the air conditioning system does not work very good, and this hotel is no exeption.
The food at the hotel cafeteria is fine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Guadalajara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stay from 7-10 sept . They reception staff were rude and unfiendly. Rooms Look old. No LCD tv no good tv cable. The looby bar has live music that you can hear in the room(I was on floor 15 and I cAn hear it. Water pipe from wc has water flood. Room was no good illumination, shower is dark & all day & night you hear flush water from the pipe from others floor rooms .

Didn't come back again

• Stayed September 2011
EL PASO TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

i stay in the Sevilla Palace,because i got a good rate 1000 pesos or 80 dlls for a double room,its located in reforma street and next to the the new senate bulding a copy of the united nations building,,,you have near by starbuccks,and a oxxo convienece store waking distance,,,the breakfast bufffet is very good and complete,,,this a bussness class hotel it is not new but comfortable,frendly staff and great location i will come back

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Remshalden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Nice central business Hotel, mostly used my mexican business travellers and groups!
Elderly building but centrally located, it has all what a nice good hotel needs, from restaurants to swimmingpool. We had some misunderstanding with regard to the rate but all was solved. The hotelroom where big enough, bit heary but with bath room with shower. All by all a nice hotel for the business traveller.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sevilla Palace? Share your experiences!