“nice hotel, a little old” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Imperial Reforma

You added Hotel Imperial Reforma to your Saves list
Hotel Imperial Reforma
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Reforma 64 | Colonia Juarez, Mexico City 06600, Mexico   |
Ranked #174 of 293 Hotels in Mexico City
Quito, Ecuador
“nice hotel, a little old”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

This hotel wasn't bad. It was clean and the staff was nice. It's a little old, but I kind of liked that. It is a hike to the closest metro though, about 20 minutes, which is kind of annoying. The first floor is only smoking rooms also, so if you want non-smoking and they put you on the first floor, ask to change because the rooms are stinky. We also stayed at Hotel Fontan, and I would recommend that hotel over this one because of a more convenient location and it's about the same price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am not a difficult person and i always prefer to save money on hotel so i never expect too much but this one is very bad.From the first day i had cockroaches in my room, the first 2 days i just killed them without saying a word as i did not care much, the third day i saw 5 of them happily running in the bathroom so i decided to call the reception. The manager came after few minutes saying that she was going to spray, the same day, at night i saw again 3 of them, obviously they did not do anything. The same night, for the second time, i had also to call someone to unblock the wc as for the second time in 3 days it was badly blocked, the all night not a nice smell was coming out from the bathroom. I called again the reception and the manager came again in few minutes and this is the best part, she came as she wanted to see the bugs ( surely they were waiting for her ), she did not believe me and she said i was the only one complaining! about the bathroom it was my fault again as i used too much paper, at the end it was my fault for everything. The next morning i killed again 5 bugs and closed them inside a film roll i gave them at the reception for the manager...never heard back from her, not apologies not room change nothing!!!! The hotel is a nest and the manager doesn't care at all! i am a travel photographer and i shot pictures of this, i will make sure to show this to all the editors i will meet to avoid other customers to sleep on a nest. Plus,one side of the hotel is right on one of the most busy avenue of Mexico City, so, do not expect to sleep well and the rooms don't have a wireless connection as they advertise.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I decided to stay there because I got a great deal with my flights and it is close to my family's house. When I arrived, the service was good at the front desk, but later in one of the restaurants above it was slow. I went to my room and it looked like a room from an old house. The beds were soooo hard, thank god i was super tired when I went to sleep because they were really uncomfortable, the bathroom was old and the housekeeper wouldn't replace our water bottles. I didn't spend too much time at the hotel because I was all day spending time with my family. It served its purpose. I needed a place to stay and close to my family. It is on a great location, but I will never stay there again. I recommend the Fiesta Americana which is a block away, it has a Starbuck and it is a lot nicer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Taking in consideration that it is an old building, the accomodations were good. Since it is located right in front of a main artery, some traffic noise is to be expected (yet, it never disturbed my falling asleep); the rooms were clean -althoug I must say vacuuming were not done correctly- baths and bathrooms were clean -although some rough spots are visible and the shower heads show some soap and dirt built up-.
The front desk manager was outstanding, always helpful, even at his busiest and the cleaning staff was superb; twice I forgot to lock in the lock some jewerly and the same two times I found them there, untouched. hard working and honest staff.
It is within walking distance -for those of us who do not mind 5 minutes walk- from the Zona Rosa adn just a jump away from major entertaiment.
I will recomend this hotel to my friends, without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Hermosa Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

This was an ideal location for walking to the Zocalo, Bosque & museums, artisan market, and restaurants. The room and bed were very small, so next time I would splurge on a larger room with a larger bed because we didn't sleep that well. But overall, Mexico City was a wonderful place to visit, it had so much culture and history to offer, we could have stayed a month! We felt very safe the whole time, and the people were so hospitable. We ate street food everyday, which was DELICIOUS. I highly recommend it here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

The hotel itself is perhaps a little bit worn, but the rooms are spacious and clean. Although our room was facing the busy avenida Reforma, the room was surprisingly quiet (it helped that it was on the 6th floor!).
The area directly around the hotel itself is perhaps a little bit boring, but the Zona Rosa is right around the corner, and the Zocalo a not too intimidating walk away. We paid approx. 520 pesos a night, and for this standard hotel we found it good value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Nizhny Novgorod
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

We (I and my wife) stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel have unusual shape – inner space is triangular, and it’s looking impressively. This hotel is situated very good, right on one of most important streets of Mexico DF, close to Centro Historico and Anthropology museum. This, and very attractive price (only 43$ with online booking) has defined our choice.
The staff was very friendly.
But there are some minuses: rooms are old enough, and they’re a little noisy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Imperial Reforma? Share your experiences!