“Pleasant stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Emporio Reforma

You added Emporio Reforma to your Saves list
Emporio Reforma
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Paseo de la Reforma 124 | Col. Juarez, Mexico City 06600, Mexico   |
Ranked #50 of 295 Hotels in Mexico City
Weston, Florida
“Pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stay here for 5 days. The hotel its well located on reforma ave. Our room was in the 3th floor with view to the street, the room was nice and big, the bathroom was really nice with separated shower and huge tube (which my daughter enjoy some nights). Every day they put 2 bottles of water in our room without cost. The staff was really helpful and try to do the best. The restaurant was nice, we ate breakfast almost every day in there, if you don't like the buffet they have a la cart menu.
It was our first time in this hotel and we have a nice expirence.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thanks a lot for your comments it´s very important for all staff to know your stay has been pleasant and comfortable.

I hope you come back soon at Mexico City in your home Hotel Emporio Reforma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
bedford, nh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Café free the first day in room then you pay. Restaurant is mediocre. Suggest going to another restaurant if time permits. Room was very small and difficult to move around due to its size. You receive one free bottle of water per day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Unfortunately your experience sounds bad. Thanks for your feedback, everyone will try to service and offers the best that we can. The Hotel has different kind of rooms and views. The Restaurant is Mexican food a buffet, if you could send me more information please write email to mexico.gerentereserv@hotelesemporio.com

Thanks a lot.
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet - despite the hotel having a 10 lane thoroughfare outside. The staff were also v helpful and friendly. Organising taxis for us etc.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet too - once we had got used to it. One morning there was a large corporate breakfast event going on - which was quite entertaining. The downstairs cafe was nice too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your taking time to provide your comments, it is helpful for us than know your experience in the Hotel.
We hope you come back soon.

Aguascalientes, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice cozy hotel in the tgrand Reforma avenue. Well located. You can move around as tourist or business man.

Single room was small, but with all necesities. Nice bathtub with hidromassage.

Servixe always kind, but reservation through their webpage not recommended, as they don't recognize the number, although they respext the room rate.

Cafe well located for morning coffe and biscuits on your out. Safe taxi service at your disposal at the back entrance.

WIFI notsuited for work. You need to be connected through ethwrnet to get a good signal.

If you want a nice view, ask for the rooms facing Reforma street.

• Stayed August 2013
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We really really appreciate your comments and it is a pleasure for us to know your stay was comfortable and nice. Everytime, we try to continue with the same service and quality. One more time thank you very much.

We hope that you will visit us again soon
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is an old, clean, hotel in Reforma. Old means lots of beautiful stone and materials in the architecture, but it also means lots and lots of steps up and down. Your rolling luggage is going to be a pain to move around. The breakfast buffet is a waste of time and money unless you are a fan of very traditional Mexican breakfasts. Just a big room with no view or atmosphere to speak of. I would say hit the beautiful coffee shop in the lobby with the view of the avenue, but they are sllooooowwwww! Never fear, the avenue just out the door is fantastic and there are many wonderful places to grab something within walking distance.

By today's standards, the rooms are Microtel tiny. My room had a window, but it was behind a wall so I couldn't see anything. Reforma has a bunch of these great little old hotels. This one has a great location but just around the corner are better ones. I will try to stay at a different one every time, just so I can review them and compare.

I found the staff friendly and helpful, but pretty tedious and time consuming. There was no line when I checked out, but it still took 15 minutes. My USA Mastercard caused them a lot of time on the computer figuring out how to charge me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that isn't blocked by a structure.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for your feedback, everyone will try to service and offers the best that we can. The Hotel has different kind of rooms and views. The Restaurant is Mexican food a buffet, the other option is a Coffee Shop in the lobby.

We hope that you will visit us again soon, thanks again for your comments.

Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice hotel near the city center. The room was super clean and the buffet breakfast was wonderful. We had a problem with the safe and they sent someone right away. The room however was quite small but worth my money

Room Tip: .Order a double room. The standard is very small if you are going to be sharing a bed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, General Manager at Emporio Reforma, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We really appreciate your comments and it is a pleasure for us to know your stay was comfortable and nice. Everytime, we try to continue with the same service and quality. One more time thank you very much.

Aus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

A good portion of the hotel staff do not speak any English. At night time its even worse. I had to make about 7 phone calls to try to order room service. Which wasnt what I ordered, 3 times they brought the wrong dish, before I got the right order (it took over an hour to get my food because of this). Many times when I called they put me on hold and hung up on me. It was very confusing.
I wouldnt know how good the location is because I was a girl flying SOLO and as soon as I stepped onto the streets the whole world was staring at me. Do not wear shorts in mexico. Or singlets. Regardless of weather. Because of the unsafe feeling when leaving the hotel I mainly stayed at the hotel unless my local friends were able to take me out. The wifi in my room was non existant. You will have to be in the lobby to get any useful type of reception.
Otherwise I loved the service, the room was great (my mexican friend told me its the best room he's ever seen), the prices were good too.
If I came again I would make sure I speak spanish for less problems, and definately wear jeans and a hoody regardless of the 30+ degree heat.... It's the only way you can fit in if you leave the hotel =P

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Emporio_Mexico_Hotel, Director General at Emporio Reforma, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear,

We really sorry for the inconvenience, Could you please give more information about the person in the hotel that do not speak English and which was your room number and your check in the hotel because we are going to investigate about that person, because it is very important to us to understand all the things that our guests needs.

All the time we are trying to offered a good service, but in this occasion that was not possible, sorry again and I wish you forget the inconvenience and give us another opportunity to serve you as you deserve; just remember all good things in the hotel.

Thanks for your feedback, we hope that you will visit us again soon