“Solid work, I recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Emporio Reforma

Save Saved
You added Emporio Reforma to your Saves list
Emporio Reforma
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Paseo de la Reforma 124 | Col. Juarez, Mexico City 06600, Mexico   |
Ranked #43 of 283 Hotels in Mexico City
Chicago, Illinois
“Solid work, I recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here last weekend while I was in town for a wedding. It's located on Reforma Ave which is a massive road lined with high rise buildings and hotels. Emporio Reforma is not a massive resort hotel but what it does have is a very upscale boutique feel to it. As mentioned in other reviews, I did feel that it caters to a more upscale business clientele. My Spanish language skills are not very strong and I prefer to communicate in English and most of the staff were able to communicate with me which was a welcome relief. The location on Reforma was excellent, I was able to get to run to bosque chapultepec, for a morning jog in about 10 minutes. There are plenty of taxis around including the tourist taxis which were queued up in the rear entrance.

The room was not very large, and 2 people might feel little cramped, but it was perfectly fine for my needs. There was a DVD player and LCD TV in the room, but my remote wasn't working. But no matter because there was wi-fi available, and plenty to do outside of the hotel anyway. However the wifi did run slower then what I am used to at home. The bathroom was clean and had a Jacuzzi tub for one person. I had to get used to turning on the sink slowly because the style of the bowl would send water all over the place if I flipped in on full blast.

I visited the Condimento restaurant for breakfast and dinner. It's located on the second floor, which you get to by pressing the "1" on the elevator. (This was new to me, PB is the ground floor) It has a nice view of Reforma from seats by the windows. The menu was available in English. The food was good and the prices were decent. I think it was like $30 USD for an appetizer, steak and a few beers. It was at this point that I realized there was some construction going on directly adjacent to the hotel, apparently there was still work going on at 7 in the evening and I could hear some clanging from inside the restaurant. However, I never heard anything from my room, which was facing the back of the hotel on the 5th floor. The servers were nice and between my terrible Spanish and their English (which was good), we made it work.

The breakfast buffet($130 Pesos - $10 USD) has a good spread: fresh fruit and traditional breakfast food with omelet station and the usual breakfast food. There was a musician setting up to play some music on Sunday morning to. No reservations were required for breakfast (I read that in another review).

There is some room for improvement, but Emporio Reforma made my trip very smooth.

Room Tip: My room was on the side away from Reforma, not a great view, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I spent 4 nights here. The hotel was exceptionally clean. The staff were super-helpful. This is one of the best buffet breakfasts and lunches I have had anywhere. The only complain is that the room was very small. However, it was great value as the price was way less than other 4-5 star hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have bigger rooms here, but you might want to check. While mine was very cleverly...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I spent 3 nights here for a conference in another part of the city. The organizers put us all up here because this hotel has been favorably received in the past. It is clean, modestly appointed and centrally located. You can taxi anywhere. Taxis are cheap but the need more of them. Staff is helpful but not always informed. Breakfast is incredible. Anything you may desire is served up. Really fresh fruit and wonderful grilled items. Coffee is bad but Mexican/American. My single room was quite small but the bathroom was large.

Room Tip: Don't stay on floor one. This is where food is served and it gets noisy
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Last year, I lived at this hotel for about 2 months. It has great security, a very helpful and pleasant staff. After a short time one becomes part of the family. Things not normally done anywhere-like keeping your apartment keys at the hotel so others coming into town can use it- or storing your luggage until you can get back to town, or for providing even help you need it- like fixing the power or plumbing in ones apartment- or anything you need or want - is all taken care of effortlessly by the staff here. Everything is done for you without a worry. I always stay here when I am able to: even though I have an apartment in the university area, i like to stay here when I have guests in town.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Aguascalientes, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Very close to historical places. Nice rooms with jacuzzi. Good service at the restaurant. Great value for your money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Yorktown, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights. The first two nights we had what they call a matrimonial bed which is really a full. The room was very small and we barely fit in the bed. Maybe it realy was a single. The bathroom was huge and modern but they cut the a/c at night so it was very hot and sticky. The third night we upgraded and go a junior suite. It was fabulous. The best bed and softer towels. The staff was wonderful. Very kind and helpful. The cafe had great food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is the ideal business hotel. There is great wireless access everywhere, you can sit with your laptop in the cafe for hours, and the restaurant is good for meetings. I think I was the only female guest, so it was me and The Suits (this is THE hotel for Mexican businessmen), although apparently Lady Gaga had been there days before. Don’t let this make your think the place is plush--my room was small, modest, and affordable (booked over the Internet). The room was clean, although the curtains, desk, and chair were a bit grimy. The windows opened for fresh air and the staff was very attentive. I’ll stay here again provided I get a good rate. The location is great, although Roma is far more hip. One complaint is that the business centre fee for printing is outrageous, about US$0.58 a page.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Emporio Reforma? Share your experiences!