“nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa Blanca Mexico City

You added Hotel Casa Blanca Mexico City to your Saves list
Hotel Casa Blanca Mexico City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lafragua No. 7 Col. Col. Tabacalera, Mexico City 06030, Mexico   |
Ranked #112 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
San Salvador, El Salvador
“nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrive tehre at midnight because Our hotel was overbooked. It is a nice hotel.
Rooms were not that big, decor on the rooms look like the 70's ( althoug i can tell everything is not more than 2 years old), some oorm dot have window. Internet is with a fee.
Location is very good, you even have "tortas" across the street from the hotel. Reforma is one block away. People was helpful. It was full of tourist. There where 5 star on the walls but for me was a good 4 ****.

Room Tip: better to ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here so many times. Hotel " Casa Blanca" has always been my first choice when staing overnight in Mexico City. The hotel is close (10 min. walk) to the historic centre of Mexico City.
Rooms are clean. Last August I reserved a double-bed room but while arriving all rooms were occupied so they put me in a huge room for the same price.

Staff is helpfull and friendly. Less point is restaurant. However there are many restaurants just around the corner on Paseo de la Reforma to choose from.

There is a taxicervice outside. Not cheap but always available. Especially if you need a very early ride to the airport. Ask for " Mario" !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tongeren, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I am easy going but I feel obliged to inform u guys about this hotel:
- my room was all green
- dark bathroom
- not all plugs work
- terrible dinner, I had breakfast included but decided to pay it and pay for breakfast outside the hotel
- I ordered extra fries and they did not bring it, I asked mineral water and they brought me a coke, I asked mayonnaise and they brought me ketchup
- laundry: asked for pick up at 10h30 and arrived at 19h30 after work and it was still here
- I probably forget thing

I will stay here only 3 days and switch to another hotel for the last two days of my stay.

By the way, it is NOT the language problem because my Spanish is ver good...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here when we returned to Mexico City. It was pretty cheap (we paid around £35/night), and it is around a 15/20 minute walk to the zocalo. The front desk were a bit hit-and-miss, some staff were really helpful, others not so much. Wi-fi is not included, you have to pay additionally for this. We had a drink in the top floor bar (which was pretty pricey) and we didn't eat any food there. It is affordable, the mattress is comfortable (although we had a plastic mattress protector which was pretty annoying). For a cheap room, this is good, just don't expect a high-star hotel - it is average.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed in this hotel May 2012 three nights. It was the last stop before leaving back home. The location is good. You could walk to Zocalo and visit the historical sites there. This new metrobus is also very workable.
The room was nice but the beds were not tempura like we read on the hotel review pages on internet. The wall to wall carpet was a big minus. On the first floor were laminate but we changed cause liked to have a wiew other than to preeschool.
The big minus was also that only one elevator was working. The staff were using the same one. There you stand together with cleaning personel and vacuum cleaners and repairmen which was not very nice. There should be different elevator for personel.
Something funny happend at the reception, we had some problems and had to show something from our computer and the receptionist said he can't read russian only english and spanish. We can read all the languages that has the same alphabets like ours, it is completely different thing to understand it. Obviously the receptionist did not know that in russia they use Cyrillic alphabets. No problemo we can read that one also.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The hotel it self was decent, pool on top roof was great. Service from staff was horrible. I arrived around 6am, I was not welcome by the front desk and not even a bellman help me or my daughter with our luggages. even though he was standing right next to us. You need a key to open the minibar, which I though it was ridiculous since they have your cc on file. My mother had to place her medication on the refrigerator at the front desk because they couldnt even give us a key for the refrigerator from the minibar. ON top of that they will charge you for the minibar even though you dont take anything from it. I requested to check my bill during my stay and I only received atitude from the front desk agent (Miriam). I questioned one charge and with an attitude she inform me with the receipt "this is your signature, right". I was leaving one day earlier and decided to paid for all my incidentals, I gave cash to the front desk agent (Patricia) but forgot to asked her for the receipt with the zero balance. When I approach the front desk an hour later to ask for a copy, they inform me that they dont have any record that I paid for the total amount. After 15 minutes of the front desk just checking her computer I told them to check the camera and they panic. A few seconds later I got the receipt with the zero balance. I took a taxi to the airport and he noticed that I was upset, when I told him about my experience on the service he mention that I was not the only one and named me the two front desk agents that I encounter. How weird was that. I will go back to the hotel, but if these two front desk agents are no longer working there. I work in the hotel industry and I didnt feel like I was welcome at all, I am very disappointment about the service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

An excellent hotel with attentive staff although some could not speak fluent English. We were a family of 3 adults, we were given a spacious bedroom with 2 large double beds. The bedroom was a generous size without any feeling of being cramped and the bathroom was pretty large too. The breakfast menu was the same each day, with minor varieties each day. The hotel is located next to the Revolution Monument, with many activities held each day. Just remember you’ll often hear a lot of band music and noise through the day as people congregate at the Monument centre. Pick up a city tour bus next to the Revolution centre, it is worth a trip. We managed to identify our places of interest via the bus tour and later took the metro to these sites. The hotel is a 5 min walk to many metros. The city centre is a 10 minute walk through the city park, but first make a stop at the local outdoor eateries, brilliant cheap, local foods a must try! You’ll find many Mexican artefacts on sale in the City park, remember to bargain for everything you purchase. Food in the City centre is expensive; if you don’t speak Spanish you will have a problem with your orders. The hotel tourist centre is helpful just don’t listen to their advice of areas of the City being dangerous. We took the local buses, the metro to the entire city and never had any problems, of course be mindful of your handbags and money. The metro is extremely cheap, the way it works is to purchase a 1 way ticket to your destination, there is no concept of a return ticket. Each location you wish to travel will mean purchase of a new ticket. In the metros, you’ll find vendors selling cheap, cheap things, my best purchase was the hair cutting scissors for 25 pence or 39 cents. The hotel has cab services, we had one person who took us around the city and the many famous locations at cheap rates. What we liked most about the cab was having the ability to stop where we liked without the bus tour time restrictions. Also take the hotel cab to the airport as these are cheaper than the conventional city cabs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Casa Blanca Mexico City? Share your experiences!