“Spacious Room, Great Location, and Fantastic Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Amberes Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Amberes, 64 | Colonia Juarez, Mexico City 6600, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 280 hotels in Mexico City
Xalapa, Mexico
“Spacious Room, Great Location, and Fantastic Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

On a recent trip I needed to visit the US Embassy, so I decided to stay in the Zona Rosa. The hotel is about three blocks from the Insurgentes Metro station and less than a ten-minute walk from El Angel Independence monument and the embassy. I was by myself but landed a huge suite with sitting area, kitchen, dining area, large desk, reading nook with couch, and two bedrooms with double beds. The suite could easily accommodate five guests. It was nicely decorated with Mexican artesania and reproductions of pre-columbian artifacts.
Maybe the best part was the free breakfast, served in the hotel's classy restaurant. There were about twelve full-breakfast choices, and the molletes I chose (with bacon) were the best I've ever had.
The staff was very helpful. I was able to use the laptop in the Business Center to check my e-mail. (The hotel has wifi throughout, but I didn't bring my computer along.)
At $89 US I think I got a real bargain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I selected the Suites Amberes after reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor. The reviews did not disappoint. We were picked up by the hotel shuttle right on time and got the the hotel on a busy Friday afternoon. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 2nd floor. I requested a room with a balcony but was told only the 1 bedroom suites have balconies. The suite was very clean and all the appliances, TV;s frig, WI-FI, etc worked well.
I was quite impressed with the workout/sauna area on the 7th floor. There are several cardio machines along with weight machine and a couple free weights. There is a separate room for both men's and womens' sauna. The sauna worked extremely well. I would advised that you bring flip flops or something for your feet, both for hygene purposes and the fact that the sauna floors are ceramic and can be very slippery when wet. If you want to use their free shuttle back to the airport on you way home, give them a 24 hour notice. I communicate my flight plans via e-mail and it worked out well. I would certainly book another stay with Amberes Suites next time I go to Mexico City.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was in Mexico for a week on business and decided to stay here. Its in the Zona Rosa which is a very safe area filled with bars shops and restaurants. I was picked up from the airport by their courtesy bus and I was so happy as peak time traffic in Mexico city has to be seen to be believed and a taxi would have cost me a fortune. The hotel is in a quite narrow street and its not too impressive from the outside but check in was very quick and easy and my bag was taken to my room. I was on the seventh floor and when the lift opened there was a small landing area with two bedroom doors infront of you. It is unfair to call this a hotel room or suite as I walked into the largest one bedroom flat I have ever been in, It was huge. A bedroom with a very comfy bed and more wardrobe ( closet for the USA) space than even Sheila Dawson couldnt fill. Great bathroom and huge windows everywhere mean its very light. What sets this place apart from the rest is the lounge area. Large wooden table with four sturdy wooden chairs, a sofa, two armchairs, flat screen tv, a breakfast bar, cooker fridge, microwave and a large balcony. There was no chance anybody could ever go stir crazy in a place this big.
I think the management operate a " no friendly smile no job policy" as everybody is helpful friendly and efficient.
There have been a few comments about the limited breakfast and I would have agreed but on the third day I was presented with a new breakfast menu with a much wider choice.
Hotel bar closes early so I spent more than one evening in the bar/ restaurant opposite the hotel entrance and that place is well worth a visit aswell.
Not many Brits have reviewed this hotel and I would say that taking into account the rooms, facilities, staff, and location there is certainly no better value for money anywhere between Mexico City and the North of England.
Gracias a todos y hasta la proxima.
Saludos
Nick

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staying here was like staying at home. My friend, my mother and I stayed at one of their suites and it felt like we staying at cozy and spacious apartment. We could watch t.v. and relax there. It had a kitchen so you could make something if you wish and a small refrigerator. There was a small dining table and a small work office area. The rooms were very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, spacious and modern.

The driver that picked and dropped us off was wonderful. He was friendly and informative. The staff overall were helpful and courteous, although not very friendly. Whenever we had a question about something regarding the town, they were gracious enough to help us obtain information.

We had the free breakfast every morning. It was a very simple breakfast. I wish that the hotel had better coffee.

The location of the hotel was very good as it has so many different things that you can get into. We went to a casino that was just two blocks away. There are restaurants, bars, and some great stores. Because it is in a busy area, if you are bother with the slightest noise, this might not be the place for you. However, the noise is not so loud that you can't tune it out or always hear it.

I highly recommend this hotel for its convenience, comfort, location and reasonable price.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rock Creek, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We travel to Mexico City annually, and always choose this hotel for our stay in Mexico City.

Located right in the center of the Zona Rosa, it has so much to offer.

We stay in one of the one bedroom suites with a lovely large balcony overlooking the semi-busy street.

For the same price as a hotel room, here you get a full one bedroom suite. Great for a longer stay, having a full kitchen, bedroom, living room, dining room and den.

The staff are so very helpful, kind and courteous.
We are able to leave our heavy luggage here and make some short trips to the surrounding area.

Wi-Fi available right in the rooms, and 2 large flat screen TV's with hundreds of channels available.

Breakfast is included in the price, served in their lovely restraruant. Excellent selection of breakfast items, and fresh squeezed orange juice.

I look forward to returning ever year.

Room Tip: As long as you don't mind a bit of street noise, get a room on the front with the large balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ajijic, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband, I and our adult son stayed at Amberes Suites (in a 2 bedroom unit) for a week in February 2013. We were delighted to have the extra space in this well located hotel. Breakfast was also wonderful. Fresh fruit was served each day, with a basket of pastries, coffee, and orange juice. For my entree I enjoyed Huevos Rancheros with all the traditional sides, plus crisp bacon. Never an extra charge for any request. While clearly it has been years since the hotel's last renovation, the environment is kept sparkling by their excellent housekeeping personnel.

Room Tip: Apartment units facing Calle Amerberes are nosier. (Each floor has two units facing the street and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Staying in Suites Amberes is like visiting an old-fashioned apartment belonging to a Mexican friend of a good family who has gone on vacation and has left the place for you to stay in. It definitely looks like it used to be a high class condominium building before it became a hotel, with only four apartments on each floor. My apartment had two bedrooms, a kitchen with most necessary utensils, very large dining room and sitting room, plus a little alcove where an extra guest might sleep in the sofa-bed. It is definitely a very reasonable option for a family with more than three members. The overall furnishing is old-fashioned Mexican modern, maybe of the 1970s taste, making you fell like being in an old Mexican television drama... A good traditional Mexican breakfast (included) is served on order in the dining room by traditional-mannered waiters. Although Zona Rosa is a rather uninteresting place to be in Mexico City, I can recommend Suites Amberes to those who are interested in the elegant, urban Mexican lifestyle of the 20th centruy. Wi-Fi in all rooms and an excellent business center and gym on the top floor. I will always keep this place in mind whenever I visit Mexico City again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Amberes Suites? Share your experiences!