“Still Good A Year Later” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riazor

You added Riazor to your Saves list
Riazor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viaducto Miguel Aleman 297 | Mexico City, Mexico City 08310, Mexico   |
Ranked #35 of 295 Hotels in Mexico City
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Still Good A Year Later”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Two things changed about this hotel since I stayed there in June 2013. The first was that I got a far better rate through hotels.com. The second is that the hotel has never responded to my complaint about not returning my 'incidentals deposit' from that initial visit. I guess they never read the reviews on this site, or simply do not care. I do give them an A-plus for amenities after spending a week again in Taxco with no elevators, no AC, and lots and lots of steep stairs to climb. The free shiuttle service to the airport is also a nice add on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Queretaro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Excellent hotel for those who want to be close from the Mexico City Airport, Palacio de los Deportes, Auditorio Nacional, and other attractions in Mexico's capital.

I asked for a transportation, above midnight, and in 10 minutes they send a guy for pick me up. Nice and big rooms, with king size bed and LCD tv.

The buffet is just good, not excellent, but the whole services of the hotel are really good.

Room Tip: Those rooms not close from the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very clean, freshly decorated with super comfortable bed and linen and nice and handy toilleterie ( I had the king size bed). The room I stayed in had no view but the window opens up - which can be a plus for some people. The size of the room is not overly big but comfy. I had a shower but no bath (which is fine for me). 24 hours restaurant - more like a snack bar but they have good cappuccino - even at 3 a.m.
I have also tried the main dining room where I had really tasty pasta and good house wine. Roof top swimming pool and jacuzzi were nice but covered. Which could probably be good sometimes but not when it is super nice outside. Shuttle bus runs every hour. It was there for me at 4 a.m. The ride from the airport is about 15 minutes to go and less than 10 to come back. Rightly price. The only small downside would be that there is no mini bar. Not that I use it a lot but it is always nice to have in a room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hilversum, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was so looking forward to my first night in Mexico, and booked a master suite expecting a great experience and the wonderful warmth of the mexican hospitality, instead i got a rusty tub and rudeness galore!
Firstly, when making my reservation trough Booking.com the page specified that i had to pay 100 of the first night on the day of booking, so i provided my credit card number and even gave my 3 digit code when redirected to my bank page, so naturally, i assumed i had paid for my room.
Well, to my surprise, the receptionist, a guy named Alex, had no idea what i was talking about and told me i had to pay right then and there for the room if i still want it, even tough I had the printed reservation at hand. After an 11 hour journey with my toddler i was too tired to argue so i paid with my credit card.
The room was nice and the tub lookedas promised, so i ran a bath for my daughter, but again oh surprise, once she was done and all bubbles were gone i saw a big amount of rusty residue at the bottom of the tub, which made me think...how often is this cleaned or used?
Later on my husband tried to take a shower, only to discover there was hardly any water pressure! He is pretty tall, so seeing him trying to catch a thin spray of water was just comical.
But none of these would have matter much if it was not for the rudeness i encounter once again from the reception when trying to order dinner. I was told i had to pay in cash at the spot if i wanted to order as i had not signed a vaucher before so they could charge me. It was pretty late so i asked if i could get charged when leaving, as i do in any other hotel i've stayed, but i was refused and ignored so my husband had to go and get cash to pay for our dinner!
I checked with my bank and thankfully i've only been charged once, but the miscommunication and rudeness were pretty hard to forget! We will never go back to this hotel for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel Dec 27-30 on the recommendation of folks that have stayed here while en-route to their snowbird residence in Puerto Escondido, and we were very impressed. The driver met us at the airport (there is a gal at Gate 4 to greet you and confirm the van is on its way) and threaded his way very efficiently through the streets.

The front desk staff was friendly and had a good base level of English (which far exceeds our Spanish ability), but it was Jesus that made the difference for us. He was extremely helpful, with good knowledge of the tour sites (even better than our guide's) and cheerful. Private taxi to the Zocalo was 160 pesos, and a quick trip - granted that apparently at this time of year traffic is less than normal due to an exodus of the population at Christmas

We booked our room directly on the hotel's website - it was less money than any of the online travel sites that we checked, and opted for the included breakfast. They had fresh fruit, great pastries and buns, and a buffet which included an omelette station. Awesome!

We booked our shuttle ride back to the airport for 6am the day before - and the van was full, so I would highly recommend communicating with the front desk in advance.

We will stay again if we find ourselves over-nighting in Mexico City.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Puebla, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel with an English speaking staff (mostly) and well appointed quiet rooms. OK, so what’s the problem. The only reason someone would stay here is access to the airport. So airport related services are the key. I had two problems in this regard. My wake-up call was late. More importantly, instead of using the hotel shuttle I decided to use a hotel taxi to the airport to make my flight.
This was costly, but I didn’t want to miss my flight. I stressed with the front desk, who called my taxi, my airline and asked them to make sure that the driver took me to the right place. They assured me that the driver would have no problem. Well, there was a problem. The driver wanted to drop me off at the wrong part of the airport. I had taken this particular flight a number of times, and could tell that we were at the wrong location. If I had been unfamiliar with the airport, and allowed the driver to drop me off at the wrong location I might have missed my flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I spent a couple of months at this hotel on business and so I got to know the hotel, staff and area very well. The hotel itself is very clean, modern and comfortable. Most of the staff spoke at least some good English so I was able to get by without any problems.
Even the doormen will admit to you that the area around the hotel is not safe to wander around at night but you can find that to be the case in every major city in North America. They compensate for this minor inconvenience by being willing to go get you whatever you may need whenever you may need it. The pool and spa are top notch, and there is an are upstairs if you want to gather with some friends and say, watch a ball game. The location is ideal, being close to both the airport, without the noise problem, and just a short taxi ride away from Mexico D.F.;s beautiful Historic Center.
The restaurant was good enough that I didn't go insane from eating the same food over and over again, and room service was prompt and didn't come with the bellboy trying to charge me for ice ( a common practice in many hotels).
The taxis out front will be about 5$ more expensive that the street taxis because they have to pay the hotel for a spot. Even with this in mind you should take the taxis in front of the hotels until you know your way around the city and can converse in Spanish.
The shuttle to and from the airport is efficient and reliable.It can be difficult to find the departure point at the airport but stick with it, it's worth it.
All in all it was a very positive experience and can recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Mexico City.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business