“Just incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 282 hotels in Mexico City
Lausanne
“Just incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

The moment I got there, someone smiled straight away and started talking to me, the reservation was found quickly and they took me to my room which was a gorgeous old school unique room, i had never seen a room like that. I went to the bar for a drink had an amazing scotch and then i decided why not to go out and walk around. The guy behind the reception saw me going out and decided to give me a map show me the interesting spots of where to go to and told me where not to. I had an amazing time and will definitely come back to this little charming mexican hotel

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at La Casona five times over the past six years and each time has been very good. The rooms and bathrooms are large and in good condition. The breakfast is lovely (some might complain because it is lighter, more healthful options like a whole grain cerial mix and fruit, you have to pay for eggs and such, but for me, that's much better than a heavy American breakfast, so I was thrilled). Only complaints are that they offer free internet, but it isn't very reliable, so maybe almost better not to offer it, and the room was a but stuffy. I recommend a room that doesn't face the street - it isn't noisy, but the lights from the street mean it's too bright to open the curtains at night. But it's a good choice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

A nice little hotel with great rooms and an extremely friendly staff

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Guadalajara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights and we loved it. The building is beautiful and has lots of character; We loved the decor in our bedroom, it is a very special Mexican style, very colorful and the furniture were very nice also. The location was excellent, we could go walking around to nearby shopping and restaurants. Since we were busy attending a wedding in Mexico City we just had dinner at their restaurant one time. We really like the food and the service, It was a little pricy compared with the prices in Mexico City but we did enjoy it.
We can´t wait to go back.
Thanks La Casona and staff for making our stay so memorable

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Barzago, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

I am a business traveler and I wanted to experience this hotel after I saw it going around the city. The staff is really kind and helpful, the decoration is excellent, rooms are comfortable and quiet, the wireless internet worked fine and the metro station is not too far away.

• Liked — Room decoration
  • Disliked — The available selection at breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Casona for 4 nights. The
hotel staff were helpful with our numerous requests and the rooms were wonderful, clean and quiet. There are two handy computers upstairs with free internet.

The concierge also organised a driver, Julio, for our trip to the pyramid site 50 kms from the centre who was extremely knowledgeable and highly recommended.

• Liked — the building, decor, comfortable spacious rooms, high ceilings, big bathrooms, sitting room
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cambridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

Having read earlier Trip Advisor reviews in relation to this hotel, it was with some hesitation that I made a reservation. On balance, my opinion is that most of the criticisms are valid, albeit that some of them are relatively trivial.

The hotel building is magnificent and the public areas beautifully decorated. Although clean, the bedroom decoration was less stylish and a little tired. The bed linen was worn and there was only one dressing gown for two people. It could not be said that there was anything like the attention to detail that is usually associated with boutique hotels.

Without doubt the most disappointing feature of the hotel was the service. Aside from one chap, the staff were at best unhelpful and at worst rude. They certainly did not consider it within their remit to answer questions about sightseeing, local amenities, etc. A particularly memorable instance was that we wanted to package a fragile article in order to transport it home. In answer to our request for advice, the receptionists simply said that they didn't know. No effort was made to give consideration to the request, let alone make enquiries. We eventually found a shop specialising in packaging just a couple of minutes down the street.

On the morning of our departure, the restaurant was 45 minutes late in opening for breakfast which meant that we were unable to take a meal that we had paid for. My request for a partial refund was treated with derision.

The hotel's greatest advantage is its location on a relatively quiet street and within 15 minutes (safe) walk of a wide range of excellent restaurants.

Taking everything into consideration, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Casona? Share your experiences!