“Slow but good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 55 Nightlife in Mexico City
Type: Jazz Bars, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Two restaurants and a jazz bar in a colorful atmosphere located in an 18th-century building.
19 attraction reviews
“Slow but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went once and the service was extreamly slow and it was at 3pm but I ordered some tacos of cochinita pibil and they were great, I can say I didin't mind waiting.
The 4 dishes we ordered were really good and the milshakes we're so good we order 2 more to-go.

Visited June 2013

Nashville
8 attraction reviews
“Reliable Sanborn's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Near the Palace Hotel in the Zona Rosa, we always visit the Sanborns and take a meal or 2. The prices may be a little more than the surrounding, but the quality, safety, and service are worth it. It is also nice to see the same faces for many years. Also an easy way to pick up things you may have forgotten, our with our last trip a Birthday cake for one of our fellow travelers.

Visited March 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
16 attraction reviews
“Go For The Experience, Not To Eat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Sanborn's is one of the most popular restaurant chains in Mexico. The food isn't wonderful but it isn't terrible either. It's like a Denny's or Big Boy's.

I always bring tourists here when we're visiting El Centro/Zocalo. This location is special because the building was formerly the palace of a wealthy family. The building is covered with blue and white tiles, which are famously produced in the Puebla area of Mexico. The building is a sight to see with its blue tiles, fountains, and waitresses in colorful, uncomfortable looking outfits.

Most people feel like they need to partake in the Sanborn's tradition while visiting or living here. The restaurants are everywhere. This flagship restaurant has numerous beautiful dining areas, a gift shop and a nice little bar tucked away upstairs in the corner.

There's a fee to use the bathroom, unless you're dining in the restaurant. Something many people seem surprised y when they try to visit the bathroom and are asked for $!

Visited November 2012
Ajijic, Mexico
10 attraction reviews
“For people who don't like Mexican food (or good food for that matter)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've had better Mexican food at Taco Bell in the USA. I can't imagine why this chain is so popular in Mexico! The food is....bland, over-cooked, tasteless, and reminds me of the cafeteria food they serve in schools or at hospitals. Which is why it seemed to me that mostly older people were eating there. What a disappointment. And the prices are too high for the quality. I'd rather eat a few delicious tacos at the taco stand by the subway station for a fraction of the cost.
This is the address of the Sanborn's I visited:
AV.JOSE VASCONCELOS NO. 106 SAN MIGUEL CHAPULTEPEC, México, Distrito Federal, Mexico

Visited October 2012
Orange County, California
7 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We recently enjoyed lunch at Sanborn's in the Tile House. I would recommend a visit to anyone visiting Mexico City and the Zocalo area. The food is good, not the best in the city, but certainly adequate. The environment, however is beautiful and quite charming. It is located in a centuries old house adorned with blue tiles, and the building also houses a small department store. But the courtyard area where the restaurant is located is really wonderful. A recommended experience.

Visited July 2012