“Nice place but really? No free wi-fi?!?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Mexico City

You added Hyatt Regency Mexico City to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Mexico City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Campos Eliseos No. 204, Polanco Chapultepec, Mexico City 11560, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Nikko Mexico)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #9 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice place but really? No free wi-fi?!?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I spent 2 nights here on business as a solo traveler in August 2012, and here's a quick blurb of my observations.
I honestly barely touched foot in the hotel because I was mostly at work during this stay...I checked in at midnight and the next night I didn't get back in till about as late, so I can say I really didn't use the hotel for much more than sleeping for a few hours a night. So for me, the Hyatt was pretty expensive for how I used it. I think even at the $240/night or so that I paid, it is about the cheapest mainstream hotel in the immediate area. There are other boutique hotels in the area that I've used, such as Hotel Polanco, but it was booked this time, so this was the next place I could find that was near to where I needed to be.

The pros:
The rooms and bed were nice, comfortable. The room was modern enough for my tastes, and the King-Room had a desk area for work. The room was fully outfitted with mini-fridge, iron/board, and all the normal amenities.

Annoyances:
They charge for wi-fi. Sorry, but in this day and age, that is ridiculous, especially for an international hotel chain. They used to charge when it was Nikko, but they should have put a stop to that once Hyatt bought it. I think it's an additional $20/ 24 hours, and I don't think the bandwidth was anything to write home about.

I needed a cab because it was raining, so I asked the concierge where I could find one. "No problem" he says, and a bellhop runs down the driveway and out of sight. I thought he was going to flag a cab for me, which I thought was nice. Instead, he comes back with a private driver in an unmarked car. I only needed to go about 8 blocks, so I figured it would be maybe 60 pesos. 5 minutes later I'm dropped off and asked to pay 200 pesos. Complete rip off. I was pretty upset but I couldn't say no. I did try to negotiate, and he shows me his chart of fees within the Polanco district, so I couldn't get out of it.

So that left a bad taste in my mouth. The next day it wasn't raining, so I just walked the 10 blocks to my destination. I also canceled the wi-fi and went to Starbucks down the street for the one extra time I had the chance to use it while in DF.

I forget what breakfast costed, but it was pretty high. There are lots of restaurants in the area as long as you don't have to leave too early in the morning. They all seem to open after 8am.

Anyway, I will definitely try not to stay here again. I'll probably try a boutique hotel if I have to stay in this area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HRMC M, Director General at Hyatt Regency Mexico City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Hyatt Regency Mexico City and for having taken the time to write feedback about your stay on Tripadvisor. Your feedback with regards to our facilities and services is extremely important to us and allows us to continually monitor and improve our services.

I am delighted to read that we met your guestroom expectations and I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with the transportation service. We are very concerned about every guests safety in every stay in our hotel and I'm certain that our colleague did not intend to disappoint you rather provided you the most secure transportation we only offer in the hotel premises. We can definitely assist you hire a taxi from the street should any guest require one, however your security cannot be guaranteed since they are freelance taxi and not monitored by private transportation company, so this option is not considered to be part of high-quality standard of transportation service.

Please be assured that we will pass on your feedback to our colleagues and brief them once again in handling transportation request to avoid any miss communication from happening again.

We have also taken note of your other comments regarding the WiFi service. please rest assured that we are in process to improving our internet service provider in the nearest future.

I hope you choose to give our hotel another opportunity to show you that we are passionate about guest service and exceeding guest expectations. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,

Hyatt Regency Mexico City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The front staff was great and very friendly and helpful. The guys who helped with the luggage were really nice when they brought the bags to my room and explained everything about the hotel. The rooms were clean. The bathrooms were large which is amazing! Everyone loves large bathrooms. The hotel lobby bar was good. The service was great and so were the drinks. The location is great and taxis are always available at the hotel. I'd stay here again!

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hyatt Regency Mexico City and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that your experience was enjoyable one and we take great pride in our guests' appreciation of the services and facilities. I will communicate to the entire team your kind words about our colleagues.

We would be extremely happy to welcome you back at Hyatt Regency Mexico City in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for business for one week in October 2012. Rooms were very clean, modern and quiet. Room service was very good (I recommend the chicken enchiladas). Staff very friendly. Business office have a few computers for use, if necessary but there is wi-fi available. Lots of restaurants and high-end shopping (louis vuitton, tiffany's, etc) within a few blocks of hotel. Coffee shop in hotel is very good. There is a Starbucks across the street.

The touri-bus/ hop-on-hop-off, with a stop a short walk from the hotels is worth it to see a good part of the city.

Hotel car service will cost about 30 dollars per hour. Taxis on the street are much cheaper but, unless you're a local, locals do not recommend taking street taxis for safety reasons.

A visit to the nearby (30 minutes in traffic) is worth a visit if you're a looking for souvenirs and crafts.

A trip to the pyramids will take about 1.5 hours each way (if traffic is light). It's worth a trip. The hotel can make arrangements.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the happier floors to avoid sounds from the street.
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Paradise being a relative word... Nevertheless, it was a terrific hotel stay, with an attentive and considerate staff. The rooms are lovely and well-maintained; the views of the city from the higher floors are outstanding. The service is impeccable; by mistake I left my money and my credit card in the pocket of my pants I sent down to the laundry. Within minutes everything had been returned to me. The Teppan Grill, a Japanese hi-end restaurant was delicious, albeit not inexpensive, and the lobby coffee shop/bakery convenient. As others have noted, the hotel is well-located for sight-seeing and attending concerts at the National Auditorium directly across from the hotel. There are shops and restaurants galore in the area, all within an easy walk from the hotel; the Saturday outdoor market in the nearby park is a "must-visit." In some respects Polanco is the Beverly Hills of Mexico City, in other respects it's a friendly area with a variety of stores and bakeries and coffee shops, a little of everything. El Turix, a hole-in-the wall taqueria mentioned in the NY Times was outstanding; give it a try for a true Mexico City experience. If your budget allows it, choose the Regency Club. The rooms are high, the breakfast and evening snacks are delicious and free, and there is 24 hour concierge service available. I come to Mexico City quite often; my delightful stay at the Hyatt Regency made this visit very memorable, indeed.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HRMC M, Director General at Hyatt Regency Mexico City, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important for us to measure our facilities and services.

With great pleasure, I read your comments regarding your dining and stay experience at the Hyatt Regency Mexico City and your excellent feedback is truly an accomplishment for us. Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the nice view and well maintained rooms, it is indeed remarkably stunning either your room is facing Polanco or Chapultepec Park. I especially thank you for your compliments to our staff and personalized service at the Regency Club. It will give me great excitement to communicate your positive feedback to the entire team.

Our goal is to deliver this high quality of hospitality for every guest on every stay and I am delighted to read that you frequently visit Mexico City, I hope this is just the beginning of a great journey with us.

We look forward to warmly welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Mexico City.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

situated in Polanco, plenty of restaurants around (i recommend El Bajio, at 5 minutes, for a delicious typical Mexican breakfast). very friendly staff and very efficient busyness center. good gym too. Used to be the Nikko hotel so plenty of japanese/asian dinner option within the premises.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HRMC M, Gerente at Hyatt Regency Mexico City, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit and for your kind comments.
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Hyatt Regency Mexico City.
Please let us know if we can do something special to grant you a memorable stay the next time you visit us.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Regency Mexico City in the near future.

Juan Mercadante - General Manager.
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here recently on business and I will certainly go back the next time I'm in Mexico city. The room was beautiful, the breakfast buffet was great and the staff couldn't do enough for you. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel has it all. Clean and modern rooms with all amenities. Friendly and efficient staff, good gym, good breakfast, some good restaurants. It costs less than the Intercontinental or Marriott, which are just a half block up a lovely tree lined street in a safe area, with many great restaurants and two Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Mexico City? Share your experiences!