“Good hotel, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel and Towers

You added Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel and Towers to your Saves list
Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel and Towers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Reforma 325, Col. Cuauhtemoc | Distrito Federal, Mexico City 06500, Mexico   |
Ranked #57 of 287 Hotels in Mexico City
Houston, TX
“Good hotel, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here for a week on a business trip, and surprisingly for the price had a very nice stay. I had trouble with my room service one night left a note on my tray, and was immediately emailed at 2 am from the manager apologizing and letting me know my meal was on the house.

Pros:
Very comfy and clean bed
Very clean room
All staff were helpful and nice
There's a Starbucks next door!

Cons:
Rooms aren't very sound proof so you may get woken up by other loud guests.
Room service is very expensive with extra fees in the fine print of the only on the tv menu
The restaurants a a little hard to find, the hotel book doesn't tell you where they are so you have to ask

Room Tip: Ask if your room faces the angel, mine faced a tennis court
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a good, comfortable hotel right in the heart of the city near the Reforma area. The rooms are adequate and clean and there was free internet but only in the lobby. The hotel does have a pool on the roof which is rather small but there are some good views from there. The hotel bar and restaurants are both very good if not a bit expensive. Next door to the hotel is a good local restaurant and behind the hotel is a cheap internet cafe and small supermarket for supplies for your room. If you plan to do the sightseeing bus tour of the city the pick up/drop off point is opposite the front of the hotel. I did this, its great value and you can hop on and off all day. I would do the bus tour rather than walk very far in the city, you do have to be careful. It is however a great place to see for a few days and the hotel is in a good location. The lively "zona Rosa" is opposite the hotel and is a 5 min walk away but watch your wallet there!

Room Tip: Rooms ate the front have the best views but can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This traditional hotel has invested in upgrading their facility but they forgot about customer service.

At check-in, my internet reservation with a US$140 rate was lost and they said that rate didnt exist and they would have to charge their best rate of US $205. I went online, found my reservation, but no apology from the front desk.

Then, a person came to meet me for dinner and the front desk insisted I had never checked in.

Then I paid for their 24 hour internet rate, used it the first night, and when I tried to reconnect in the morning, I couldnt. I called the Concierge Desk but they couldnt help and indifferently suggested I go to the Business Center which would open in two hours!

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I was there on business for two weeks during May 2012. It was my first trip to Central/ Latin America. The hotel staff made it very comfortable.

It is a great location on Reforma. There are a lot of options for eating out there. I used to step out for my dinner. It was very convenient.

I was there on one of the weekends also and the hotel leased out a bicycle for me. I had the famous cycling trip on Reforma on Sunday morning. It was the highlight of my trip on personal front.

I am a vegetarian and the spread in breakfast had very limited options for me. The non-vegetarian options seemed much better.

The rooms were well equipped. The wi-fi was brilliant. The bed was very comfortable and the shower clean.

I will definitely stay here if I happen to be in Mexico City again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel is a good choice for the Reforma area. There are a lot of restaurants nearby. The room was comfortable and the ac unit quiet. There were good choices of tv channels. The internet was free in the lobby with the Sheraton Link area so I did not purchase the wifi.
The lobby bar is a great place to watch a game with a lot of TV's and a big screen over the bar. There are ATMs available in the hotel which was convenient. The hotel is nice and all the staff there was happy to help you. I needed a taxi one day and they have special unmarked cars for their guests providing extra security. Their rates seemed reasonable as they have fixed pricing on a printed list.

Santiago, Chile
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. I have travelled to Latin/South America frequently. I have also stayed in Mexico frequently (7-10 times), and this was the third time that I have visited Mexico City. That said, I have never had to pay for WiFi at any other hotel. Already paying about 145/night, just to discover that I would have to pay an additional $15/night for WiFi was a shocker. As someone staying well over a week, this was a significant cost add on. In addition to that, parking costs about $15/night for guests. My last time in Mexico City, I stayed at a different hotel down the street where parking was free. In short, on my first night at the hotel, I discovered that I would have to pay an additional $30/night. That is ridiculous.

Incidentally, the WiFi in the attached Starbucks is free. Guess what part of the hotel was full every night? Coincidence? As you can see in my picture, the Starbucks is in shambles....literally. Holes in the ceiling, and the walls looked like someone starting painting, and then stopped.

The hotel as a whole is well beyond it's prime, as you can see in my pictures. During my entire stay, 2 out of the 3 elevators were down. Who knows for how long they were down, and for how long they will remain down. Considering that there are 20 or so floors in the tower that I was staying in, having only one working elevator is beyond pathetic, and I am surprised that there was no urgency to get at least one of the elevators back up and running ASAP.

This hotel is right next to the US embassy, so security is not an issue I would think. That said, security in the entire area is not much of an issue lately. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Its been years since I last was in this hotel but not much has changed. It's a Sheraton, service is excellent, staff is well trained. Rooms are standard but high quality sheets, mattress and pillows.
The highlight worth mentioning..breakfast! It was included in my room rate and it was well worth it.. don't miss it. One night we were very tired and not up to going out, so we went to the bar to have a drink and a bite to eat. It was very expensive, so if you do not have to, avoid it. Location is very good, in the middle of everything. We were told that there are many political protests that walk in front of the hotel, so check before traveling if there is anything planned for your stay...they close the streets and it can be chaotic It's right next door of the American Embassy and security around the hotel is excellent. I know there are better hotels in DF but also more expensive. For me, travelling on business, all day out and in need for a good and rested night...it was perfect. Be advised that internet is charged per day, around US$15.00

Room Tip: My room was in the back of the hotel and no noise at all from Reforma.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel and Towers? Share your experiences!