“The only option when visiting Mexico City!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Mexico City

You added Four Seasons Mexico City to your Saves list
Four Seasons Mexico City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Reforma 500 | Colonia Juárez, Mexico City 06600, Mexico (Reforma / Zona Rosa)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free Offer
Ranked #14 of 297 Hotels in Mexico City
New York City, New York
“The only option when visiting Mexico City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the check-in all the way through until I departed this was a fantastic hotel experience. I am in the hospitality business so I have a trained eye for many things...this hotel exceeded all of my expectations. It really is the only option when I visit Mexico City. I've stayed in two other luxury hotels in this city and neither compare to the Four Seasons!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear TRL843,

Thank you so much for your positive review of the hotel and pleased to know you had a great stay with us.
Gratefully,

Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel was absolutely beautiful! Nothing better compared to in Mexico City. We stayed the weekend and it was crazy. The band One Direction stayed at the hotel with us and all the fans made so much noise and there was millions of them. In the end we met the band. Overall the hotel was amazing. They did a good job to still make sure we enjoyed our comfort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear HONdominik,
Appreciate your positive review and I am pleased that you truly enjoyed considering the special circumstances experienced in the hotel We were very happy that all of our guests had agreat time.
Best Regards.
Santa Rosa, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Within 8 days of vacation we stayed at Four Seasons 2 separate times. The first room was beautiful, though the halls throughout the hotel were stuffy and musty smelling. There is also a building going up next door that , tho not the fault of Four Seasons, makes it very noisy should you open your windows. The coffee pot in room is wonderful, however, after 2 cups, the cost is 4.00 USD per cup. Still, we enjoyed our 1st stay immensely . Our 2nd stay was somewhat different. Our room, tho smaller, was actually a better layout. However the air conditioning did not work properly even after maintenance came to repair. When making reservations, we reserved hypoallergenic bedding, which was forgotten, twice. Although these complaints are miner, the biggest complaint was at checkout. We were charged over 100.00 USD OVER what I was quoted at the time of reservation. After multiple e-mails back and forth, to correct the charges, we were told" however, we don't make any refunds if discrepancies exist. " this is a direct quote from my last e-mail from Four Seasons. All in All , on our next trip to beautiful Mexico City, we will not be staying at Four Seasons.

Room Tip: The inside rooms offer a nice view of the courtyard ,however, the outside rooms offer different view...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear KathyAlan,
Please accept my apologies for my delay in replying to your review but I wanted to personally investigate your concerns and ensure there was no wrongdoing on our part. After looking into the matter, with regards of being overcharged, I have two observations:
1- We, as all other hotels, quote in US dollars. By law, we have to have to register the rate and all other charges in local currency. That is Mexican pesos using the exchange rate of the day, Then, we you get your statement of your credit card, the charges in US dollar will vary by the fact that the CC company uses its own exchange rate. For example, we used US$1.00= Mx$12.88. The card could be using a lower exchange rate, i.e. Mx$12.10. Thus, mathematically, when doing all the calculations, the rate is US$ will obviously be different. It occurs in most countries that have daily currency exchange fluctuations.
2- By mistake, when we responded to your direct claim, we made a typo error in the Total of the calculation, thus giving the wrong information and we were incorrect.

I can assure you that your were not overcharged at all and our reputation would be at stake if we did so. If you need further clarification, I will be delighted to call you if you send me your contact details.

Finally, I was happy to read that besides this misunderstanding caused by us and the exchange rate, you enjoyed your stay with us.
Sincerely
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Four Seasons on a business trip. The property is beautiful. The breakfast buffet was delicious best fresh mango! Only issue was the WIFI in the hotel room was not very reliable

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear SandyP,

Thank you very much for your positive review and the fact that you had a good stay with us. On the Wifi, sorry about that and I will investigate what was the issue as it is very rare to have any sort of interruptions on the service.
Gratefully,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Four Seasons Mexico City is a beautiful hotel that is almost a five star place. I definitely plan on coming back here and hope it is even better when I visit again.

I was at the hotel the entire time One Direction was also staying here. (No, i never saw them.) This was a major challenge for me and the hotel. I do not include the fact that I endured late night and all night screaming from fans, teens blocking elevators and stairs, running in hallways, and near complete chaos trying to enter and exit the hotel every day in my review. It did put a damper on my stay, but I think the hotel handled things fairly well. They left a typed note in each room saying the hotel was hosting some "celebrities", which was perhaps the understatement of the year.

Here a a few things to note for the rest of the world who won't be here with One Direction....

1. The hotel has a central courtyard that is peaceful, beautifully landscaped, and welcoming.
2. The staff is excellent at the top. The head concierge was amazing. I have never encountered a better concierge. He gave thorough directions and quickly helped me book a tour. The head of the restaurant service handled a couple of challenges I encountered like a seasoned pro. Beyond the top level people, service can come in fits and starts....great service in waves with gaps.
3. The rooms are very clean and bright. The housekeeping staff cleaned my room each day, and I never encountered them. They are top notch. There were some phantom gurgling sounds that came from the shower pan each night. This was noticeable, but minor.
4. There are a couple of challenges in the restaurant/bar area, as well as some brilliance. Some of these things may be limited to my experience, but Here goes....

A. I went to eat at the restaurant and was seated in the bar area. For a while, my server would not bring a restaurant menu, but kept pushing bar snacks, which i did not want. My tuna was overcooked. My server did not understand "rare". My options included 1/2, 3/4, and all the way. I chose 1/2, and it was overdone badly. The head of the restaurant was gracious to take this off my bill after he noticed that I did not eat it.
B. Once The manager took the tuna back, my server never waited on me again. He would come to the other tables, but ignored me after that. It was an uncomfortable situation, but other staff eventually took my orders for drinks and other items.
C. When I arrived, I booked a table for the Sunday brunch with the concierge. When I showed up for my reservation, I was not in the restaurant system. I showed my e-mail confirmation and was eventually seated against a wall. When I asked for a better table, I was told by a staff member that some of the tables were "reserved for two years" and those all took precedent over me. While I am not sure if this is true, the head manager graciously accommodated my request for a seat outside or near a window. Luckily, the tables never completely filled while I was there, so my situation did not send One Direction to McDonald's against their will.
D. The brunch is amazing. It is worth booking. If you like fresh seafood, Mexican favorites, and one honey of a dessert selection served with champagne and mimosas, this is the belle of the ball.
E. the cocktail program at the bar is developing. It is heavy on Grey Goose based cocktails. While I am sure the bartender can make most anything, there are not tons of unique or very familiar options that are not vodka based listed on the menu.

5. The location here is closely situated near the Archaeology Museum, Zoo, and beautiful park. All are an easy walk to the hotel. The heart of the old city is about 20 minutes by subway.
6. The fitness center is beautiful, well maintained, and has all the equipment a hotel guest would want. The staff here are great.
7. The pool is small, but has a great area for sunbathing and relaxing.

All in all, a great place, that will keep getting better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mbc421,

I have thoroughly read your review and I appreciate you taking the time to make it as detailed as possible. In fact, I did enjoy reading some of its contents. However, I apologize for those instances in which we failed to deliver the level of service we are know for. The experience with the server and the "two year" waiting list, though it would be nice, are out of reality and I need to ensure this comment is not done ever again.
And finally, I appreciate, that regardless of the glitches, you will stay at our property again.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a great hotel. Safe area, beautiful rooms and well-equipped fitness center. I truly think its top quality is the value both for the room and on-location dining. The tequila flights and education were outstanding.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear TraceyMH,
Thank you again for a fantastic review! I read and replied to that of February, which was also very complimentary of the hotel and staff.
I have shared your review with all of our employees, as I regularly do, and I am sure that those who are praised in your review will be very proud. I sure am.
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've never seen a cleaner hotel. My executive suite room was superb (I have attached pictures).
I looked for as much as a scuff mark on the corner base boards and couldn't find any.

There were a few concerns. There are two brands of water in the room.
I was charged approxmately (I'll talk about that later) $8.00 CDN. at check out for two mini
bottles. One is free, the evian is not. The bill is presented in peso's. It's hard for
a gringo to do the math, to determine on a glance, if the charges are correct. I'm sure if
you ask to have the bill in some other currency they would oblige. Internet charges of 180 pesos
a day, even in the common areas, is irritating considering the cost of the rooms per night.

Aside for my personal concerns, that my not be a concern for others, in the big picture this
is a first class hotel and will come again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator, it can be a long trek.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear iwillnotdoit2000,

Thank you for your positive review and with regard to your comments on charges in local currency, and it is by law that we have to do so. If you check your bill, eventhough your room rate was quoted in dollars, in your bill you will see all charges are done in Mexican pesos. In dollars you are indeed paying what you were quoted when confirming your reservation. Thus you are not been overcharged.
I apologize for the confusion and I am pleased to know that regardless of your concerns, you did have a good stay with us.