“Very good hotel ... Staff very attentive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Mexico City

You added The St. Regis Mexico City to your Saves list
The St. Regis Mexico City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Reforma 439 | Col. Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City 06500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Rate Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 295 Hotels in Mexico City
Santiago, Chile
“Very good hotel ... Staff very attentive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time due to a conference being held at the hotel.

At arrival, I realized I left my phone in the taxi from the airport .... I got it back in 30 minutes, after an excellent work from the staff ... There were extremely helpful.

The rest of the stay was great ... Good room size, very comfy.

I'll be returning here for sure.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chantal G, Social Media & Marketing Executive at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear C V,

Thank you very much for sharing you experience with us. We are truly honored to learn that we were able to assist you and put a smile on your face. I have shared your comment with our team in our daily morning meeting and we look forward every day to listen to our guests, which helps us improve our services and go beyond your expectations.

We hope to see you in Mexico City very soon!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Tenterden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times on short business trips. The hotel itself is beautiful inside. Very elegant but also modern. Room are extremely comfortable and well decorated. Not huge but very nicely done with everything you could need. Bathrooms a big wow factor . Service great and the floor butler is very helpful. The breakfast area fell a little short . The Spa is excellent. Managed to fit in a brief visit there before heading to the airport. Had the best facial ever courtesy of Brenda.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chantal G, Social Media & Marketing Executive at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Vyvienne W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your last experience with us. We are very glad to hear that you have visited us on various occasions and that you have had great experiences. I have shared your comments in our daily morning meeting and Javier, our Director of Food and Beverage, has taken note of your comments regarding the breakfast. Alejandra, our Spa Director, was extremely happy to hear your exceptional comments about the Remède Spa – a sanctuary of relaxation in the heart of the City.

We have extended your comments Brenda and the Remède Spa team, and we look forward to welcoming you back and treating you to more unforgettable experiences.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The St.Regis is truly an amazing hotel. The comfort and luxury of the hotel made the trip feel as though I was at home. The bed is the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel. The rooms are large and have everything you could ever want or need. The breakfast buffet is delicious; however for a 5 star hotel I felt the other restaurants were just okay. My favorite part of the stay was definitely the Wednesday champagne toasts. Also, the gym and poll areas are top notch, with great views of the city

Only one small negative. As a younger business person who doesn't have to dress up for work a lot, I was a little disappoint with some comments from the restaurant staff about my appearance. When I asked for the check for my breakfast (which is included) I heard the staff speaking in Spanish (I can speak Spanish) about how they weren't sure if I was a guest or not because by my clothing it didn't seem like I could possibly be a guest. They finally asked me for a room number and gave me my check. I wasn't too bothered because I know I am younger and still can't afford some of the great outfits of the more wealthy guests, but I expected a little more from a staff at a 5 star hotel.

Would definitely return for another stay because of its comfort level and overall attentiveness of the front desk staff, butlers, and housekeepers! Recommend anyone to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Cat G,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for sharing you last experience with us. We are extremely glad to learn that you enjoyed great comfort and luxury, and most importantly that we were able to make you feel at home. We would like to extend our sincere apologies with the situation you encountered; we have conducted a thorough investigation and are constantly training our staff to ensure respect and service that goes beyond our guests expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly at chantal.groschopp@stregis.com if you may have any further comments regarding your last experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you soon and meeting you in person at our Champagne Ritual!

Best regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a luxury 5 star property. The entrance from the street where you take a lift to reception feels a bit "airport". The reception is nice, with the glass of champagne very welcome. Rooms are very nice although too many switches and gadgets, and no master off switch. Breakfast is ok, but better during the week than at the weekend when the buffet can get a bit "dry" and is not replaced as often. The staff are efficient, but they have a tendency on reception to stand in a huddle and stare at you as you come and go (this really annoyed me after a while). There are several restaurants but the choice of food feels limited, especially for a longer stay. All in all, I was not too impressed.

Room Tip: I would go on a high floor and ask them not to put you on the side where the view is the derelict ca...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chantal G, Social Media & Marketing Executive at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear DavidM,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your last stay with us. All reviews help us listen to our guests and improve our services, in order to continue pursuing excellence in service. I have shared your comments with our team and especially with Roberto, our Executive Assistant Manager, who has spoken to his entire team about the points you mentioned regarding our Front Desk. We would like you to know that we are currently renovating our lobby and entrance level to create a more welcoming experience with warmer décor and furniture. Thank you for your comment regarding the breakfast, we shall take this into account to verify this matter and offer you an apology that your experience did not meet your expectations. We strive on creating unforgettable experiences for all of our esteemed guests. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back very soon and that you give us the opportunity to impress you. Please feel free to contact our Guest Recognition Manager, Pilar at pilar.carreon@stregis.com with any further comments you may have and any further plans you have to visit us.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Fond regards
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Mexico City is a great city with a lot to offer.
St Regis Mexico City is truly a luxury hotel, but it misses some features that St Regis is famous of.
It has no great outdoor place.
It has no great place to eat, though the restaurant is OK.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chantal G, Social Media & Marketing Executive at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Alfbendik,

Thank you for writing a review about your last stay with us. We are extremely grateful that our guests take the time to share with us their comments. Comments which help us improve and work towards delivering each guest a seamless experience. Your feedback is crucial to our success, and we have taken note of your remarks. We would like to let you know that Chef Guy Santoro has updated Diana's Menu which implements his experience in Mexico with his Italian and French background, true Provence flavors with Mexican flair. These modifications in J&G Grill and Diana Restaurant reassure our constant quest of excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Aguascalientes, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is superb, a true paragon of excellency. Rooms are very big, beautifully decorated, mine even had a steam room in the bathroom. The hotel in general is very sober and without true personality but nice in general, the service is impeccable and friendly. In general I felt a bit overwhelmed, but, in a good way. Everybody told me that I should try the Spa but alas, I had no time for it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chantal G, Social Media & Marketing Executive at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Salvador S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write an excellent review about your last experience with us. We have spoken to our owners who were truly honored to learn that you found our rooms comfortable and beautifully decorated. I would like you to know that we are currently renovating our lobby space, with brand new furniture and carpet and a new stunning chandelier. Alejandra Ochoa, our Remède Spa Director, will be waiting for you during your next visit and I will be delighted to meet you personally and to celebrate this moment with a lovely bottle of Veuve Clicquot.

I have read your comment this morning during our morning meeting and all of our team was very proud.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. What a wonderful experience. The service is fantastic!!!! The property is gorgeous, spacious rooms and bathrooms. Very clean. The food was amazing. The location is also great. I highly recommend it for business or leisure.

Stayed July 2014
Bernard d, Director General at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear LanaCMiami,

Thank you very much for sharing your last experience with us, it is truly an honor to receive exceptional reviews from all of our guests and I have shared these comments with our whole team including Executive Chefs Maycoll Calderon and Guy Santoro. We strive on delivering memorable experiences which surpass your expectations, all delivered from the heart by our dedicated associates. We are all passionate about the hotel and the city and are extremely gratified to learn you found our services and food exceptional.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon, either for business or leisure.

Best regards,