“MEXICO CITY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Mexico City

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis Mexico City to your Saves list
The St. Regis Mexico City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de la Reforma 439 | Col. Cuauhtemoc, Mexico City 06500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 284 Hotels in Mexico City
“MEXICO CITY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I do not know why I have not yet written a review for this hotel.
All I can say is being greeted with a glass of veuve champagne. The BEST!!! Everyone at the St Regis from butler service to the door men were amazing. It felt like you were in only person they were attending. Food is phenomenal at the both restaurants it was hard to go out of the hotel to eat. The rooms were so sexy and lovely. Plus they were very gay friendly! I have been spoiled by the service and the stay at St Regis. I don't ever want to stay else where.

• Stayed April 2013
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. To execute an attentive and remarkable service is the best opinion we can receive. We are delighted knowing our staff was friendly and even spoiled you during your stay. Furthermore, we are happy you found your room sexy and lovely, please come back soon.

Best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My 80 year old mother, my husband and I stayed at the St. Regis over Thankgiving for 5 nights. I was also 6 months pregnant. Needless to say, my husband was nervous despite over a dozen trips to Mexico given the "condition" of our small travel party. We took advantage of most of the services offered by the hotel because we weren't able to be very adventurous or flexible this trip. The St. Regis was the perfect hotel for us.

The rooms were fabulous. They were a nice size and very luxurious with a great bathroom that included a small tv in the mirror.

We had room service everyday for breakfast and/or dinner. It was hot and delicious and fairly reasonable for room service at a hotel of this level. We also dined at J&G twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I also highly recommend the Sunday brunch at Diana. We have no complaints about the food at this hotel.

We also asked a doorman about a restaurant within walking distance. There are several. We enjoyed La Lanterna Italian restaurant. Just go right out of the hotel and walk a block and then cross the street. It was very close, very reasonable and very good. They have menus in English which makes it easy.

We used the hotel concierge to get tickets to the Club America / Toluca football game. She got us excellent seats! We were so pleased and my husband and I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Estadio Azteca (we were wearing Club America jerseys- I don't think the Toluca fans that got beer poured on them a few rows in front of us shared our opinion!) I want to add that we are not Latino and only speak Spanglish and we managed just fine. It was a great experience!

We used the hotel's drivers extensively starting with picking us up at the airport. The driver was waiting for us right where the hotel said he would be. The suburban was large and comfy and was supplied with cool water. We asked that he stop at a store on the way to the hotel so we could buy water for the room and he was happy to oblige.

We also got a hotel driver to take us to the football game. Juaquin did a great job navigating the awful Mexico City traffic and dropped us off in the perfect spot so we didn't have to walk around the stadium to get to our seats. We were so happy with Juaquin that we requested him several times. He took us to the San Angel market and recommended a wonderful place for brunch. He took us to a great little silver shop when we asked about it. It worked out that it was right on the way to the airport when we were leaving. We got some special pieces for the baby. Very sentimental.

The St. Regis is very intuitive. We asked for a driver to take us to the Anthropology Museum. We got Silvario this time. He was perfect (coincidence? I think not!). He offered to be our tour guide. Not high pressure, but just an offer as he is also a certified tour guide. We talked it over and decided that we'd love to have a tour guide because he could get us to the highlights quickly because we only had a couple of hours at the museum. Silverio was incredible. His English was impecable (everything is in Spanish) and his knowledge was impressive. His pride in his country showed in his love of its rich history. He was worth every penny we paid for his service. In fact, I prearranged a guided tour of the pyramids and Xochimilco before we left home with a guide that was highly recommended and honestly I regreted it after spending an afternoon with Silvario. He was better and really no more expensive and his car was A LOT more comfortable than our other guide's.

Bottom line is this hotel is great because the people who work there are so wonderful. When the hotel's driver can outdo a tour guide who is highly recommended on the internet, you've got something special. That is what I love about Mexico. The people are so multifaceted and friendly. We had a wonderful time and most of that was due to this great hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for considering The St. Regis Mexico City for this familiar event. We are glad you enjoyed all the gastronomic experiences available at the hotel and nearby. It is very important to us to know our Concierge team surpassed your expectations. Furthermore, it is very touching to know you collected so many memories regarding friendly and wonderful people in Mexico, we are honored to know this country did a great impression in you,

Warm Regards,
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is simply perfect - its mostly a business hotel, but is quite lovely and comfortable. Every attention to detail is thought out from champagne at check in to the homemade pastries they leave for your night time treat. The beds are extremely comfortable. We have stayed in both the standard rooms and in the suite - both have plenty of room and are very comfortable. The suite had the additional living room/dining room space which was wonderful too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review. It is a pleasure and a honor to be described as perfect, lovely and comfortable. We are very pleased to know you had an extraordinary stay.

Kindest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is one the premier hotels in Mexico City..... the rooms are lovely and well equiped. No tea and coffee, but a 24 hour butler service - eventually - and nearly always the wrong order. Accepting English is a second language one must be a little understanding of the service mishaps...however not a single meal was served as ordered, laundry not returned on time, rooms not made up until late in the evening, air con very noisey, wrong tour guide - indeed the wrong tour - that could have been awkward ! That said.... very central, great location yet quiet - AC aside

Room Tip: Be patient, be tolerant, be calm
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We deeply appreciate your feedback regarding your last stay. Our Butler Service must provide a precise and bespoke service, we apologize your experience was not according to our tradition during your interactions with our staff.
I hope we might welcome you back in the near future,

Best Regards,
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Probably on of the best hotels I have been to in Mexico. Service is great as is the attention. Walking distance to many restaurants, a movie theater across the street, makes it a prime location to venture out and have a variety of things to do near by. Valet is available, and the hotels offers there own sedan taxi service, not cheap in Mexican standard. A trip across town (12 miles) cost 450 Pesos. Reception is on the third floor as are the restaurants, bars, and concierge. A different set of elevators get you to your room. You will need your key to get to your room. If you are an SPG gold/Platinum member, don't bother looking for the sign, the front desk seems to take everyone. Champagne is offered to you and your guests as you check in. The bar has an outdoor patio which is where everyone seems to congregate. Get there early and sit, in the later hours it gets full and people are not in the rush for leaving especially if the weather is great. Heaters are available if chilly, so no one actually wants to leave. Drinks are served very well, snacks are available. Service was off, a couple of times (mostly caused by one waiter). No connecting rooms, some rooms have a view, in-room safe, and all other amenities that come with the St. Regis brand (butler service, coffee, ironing clothes, etc.) Wired and Wi-Fi available.

Room Tip: Request a room facing "Paseo de la Reforma" try the Arrechera Tacos at Diana's Restaur...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are honored to know you consider The St. Regis Mexico City one of the best hotels. Thank you for sharing your extraordinary experience at Diana Restaurant terrace. However, we have a few connecting rooms, you might want to let us know while making your reservation, to make sure one is available at your check in.

Best Regards,
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis Mexico City for three nights in May. We chose it based on its tripadvisor ranking and its proximity to Parque Chapultepec. The facility is quite nice with a good-sized room, nice layout, excellent bed and linens, nice shower, etc. I'd say the room itself is about the nicest I've stayed in, and I probably would not soon tire of the in-room experience if I were to stay there for an extended stay. One notable negative was the noise coming from outside, specifically relentless and ridiculous car horns down by Paseo de la Reforma early in the morning and late at night. (Our room was on the 9th floor.) This was quite disappointing, especially considering that my one request on the reservation was that we be given a quiet room. Surely there is a side of the building that is not as active as the one we were one. I'm glad I had earplugs with me, which helped on subsequent nights.
We also had an unfortunate experience in which the housekeeper threw out a box we brought with us that contained some items that, while not expense, we had gone to considerable lengths to bring with us. By the time we discovered this loss the box had apparently been removed from the building. Management did a decent job of making up for it, offering us dinner, champagne, etc. We instead requested the use of a car and driver for a morning, which they granted and sent me compensation for the lost items after our return home.
We had good food experiences in the hotel. I really liked having breakfast on their outdoor terrace. If I were to return I would likely eat most of my meals in the hotel, which is something we don't usually do. Also I'm souring on hotels that charge extra for wifi. I didn't think I would mind it so much given that we had a decent rate for the room, but when you are there and all you want to do is get a simple map on your phone before heading out, it's maddening to have to swallow a $10+ charge for the 5 minutes of internet that you end up using.

Room Tip: This building is three sided. Two sides face busy streets. Definitely get a room on the other side...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Outside of extremely high-end resorts delivering an entire vacation experience (a different type of business) this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in. The service was impeccable, the amenities were first-class and the room was so comfortable and relaxing. The bathroom was huge, the bed incredibly comfortable, perfect blackout shades... you name it. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful and went out of their way to accomodate any request. The third floor restaurant with a deck overlooking the city is also spectacular!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is delighting to read your kind review. It is very important to us to know the staff was helpful upon every request and that you enjoyed Mexico City’s view along with your meals.
We are pleased to know we succeed conquering you,

Warm regards,

Been to The St. Regis Mexico City? Share your experiences!