“Tranquility in an Historic Part of Mexico City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Casita del Patio Verde

Save Saved
You added La Casita del Patio Verde to your Saves list
La Casita del Patio Verde
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Callejon de la Escondida # 41 | Col. Coyoacan, Mexico City 04000, Mexico   |
Ranked #15 of 89 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Victoria BC
“Tranquility in an Historic Part of Mexico City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This B&B is located in the historic Santa Catarina neighbourhood of Coyoacan, within walking distance of an impressive range of tourist, cultural and commercial resources. The Jesús Reyes Heroles Cultural Center is around the corner, as is the historic Santa Catarina Chapel. Not far off is the Coyoacan village center, with its colonial buildings and vibrant street life.

The B&B is a green, quiet oasis behind high solid walls. We stayed in the Cabina, a well-sized standalone unit containing Mexican furniture and fixtures. It and the other units overlook the patio garden.

We had a range of breakfast options that we could enjoy at an agreed to time. We had yogurt and granola, but more substantial Mexican breakfasts are also available. The fresh fruit was excellent.

The neighborhood is safe, including after dark, and the units are well priced. My only concerns are that the B&B is difficult to find – make sure your taxi driver has exact directions. Also, on our second day we were unable to locate staff onsite, although one is supposed to be available for check-in and check-out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am sure with all the good reviews, there is a nice place to stay, but I had made reservation for December and was obligated to canceled it for reason not under my control, when I made the reservation trhe same day my credit card was charged half of the week cost, but when I cancelled it it's going to take two to three weeks to get my money back, in the mintime I'm paying interest for this money that it is seating in somebody's bank account, which it's not fair at all. Regardless of me writing direct to the Owner and to Booking.com I have not get my refund yet two has pass.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I 100% agree with all previous posts, this place is simply breathtaking. Wonderful, quiet, beautiful, great service, great breakfast, amazing location, quaint. I will recommend that anyone who visits DF (mexico city) stay in this bed and breakfast. My only regret is that we did not stay here longer. The beds are super comfortable and if an adult family is traveling together or several couples, this is the place to stay to have community but to also have privacy. I cant say enough and of course, Coyoacan remains my favorite part of DF. Thanks so much!

Room Tip: The large room with two beds provides extra privacy and space. I would recommend for couples. You wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We visited this charming B&B and found peace and tranquility whcih is highly unusual in the frantic pace of Mexico city, the rooms are well apointed, the lady who looks after you is very attentive and a great cook, the breakfast mexican plate changes every day or you can have normal favourites.
The garden is very thougthfully laid out and has made the most of its size, the owner Jose Luis Garcia Reyes is extremly attentive.
The decoration is charming we stayed at La Cabana and it was SPECTACULAR with a glass frontage with so much foliage that there is complete privacy, it feels a little like a luxury Robinson Crusoe, the handpainted details in the bathroom, and washroom / luggage room both of whcih adjoined the sumptous 2 HUGE bed bedroom, were beautiful and an inspiration ! we also had easy wifi access, books to read, TV whcih we never needed as the beauty of the place was captivating. We stayed 5 days and WILL BE BACK ... look forward to it very much

Room Tip: La Cabana is REALLY worth it, with a shower room, a luggage room / washroom so a coupel can get read...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at La Casita del Patio Verde for 3 nights and just loved it! We are used to stay at luxurious 4-5 stars hotels and we couldn't believed that we paid so little and received so much. We stayed in the Colibri room, which is the cheapest of the three rooms because the private bathroom is outside the room. The room is nicely decorated and the bed is comfortable. The place overall is so nice and quiet, perfect for relaxing. The most amazing thing though are the breakfasts, which are very generous and different everyday. Anna-Maria (the inn keeper) prepared them on request and provided a fantastic service throughout our stay. I will definitely always try to go back to this hotel everytime I'll be in Mexico city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff was nice and friendly but I was disappointed that I paid so much and didn't even have a bathroom in the room. I had to walk out the hall to use the restroom and shower. The hotel description didn't state this. Both mornings I was woken up around 7am due to the constant phone ringing of the phone 6 inches from the outside of my door. Breakfast was decent but the second day they didn't have the choices advertised so I actually only ate fruit. Every single taxi that dropped me off got lost so I always paid more since the meter was running. I took pics of the toilet seat with the cut and the peeling shower ceiling. If The rate for the room was half what I paid it would have been worth it. However, for that price, I wouldn't recommend this. I went solo (female) and didn't feel safe walkig around at night. The streets aren't well lit and it gets kind of eerie and lonely. About half a mile from the metro stop and the downtown Coyoacan area and a mile from the Frida Kahlo museum.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Tulum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

As hotelier I always try different type of services and in this case, La Casita is unbeatable. I stayed with my wife last November during a quick trip in "Cuarto del árbol", super comfortable bed; charming room well ventilated, but also had a little heather; perfectly clean and lighted bathroom and a beautiful hand painted decoration above the bed that gave a magical sensation.
You receive breakfast in the morning with not only a great taste of Mexican Food, but also a warm smile and real care. The garden is soooo beautiful and relaxing, the location great to visit Coyoacan and the whole south of the city. Jose Luis was superattentive from the reservation until our departure. Unfortunately it was fully committed last time I was in Mexico City last February and I had to try somewhere else. No comparison at all.
We tried La Pause restaurant, Martin, the Chef is a very special person with a special talent, Mexican food made in an incomplicated way, good wine, nice atmosphere. (I will better make a review there).

Be absolutely sure you will not find anything like La Casita del Patio Verde in south DF (and many other places). Stay there, you will remember your whole life.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Casita del Patio Verde? Share your experiences!