“A true hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Romagnoli
172 Calle Zamora | Colonia Condesa, Mexico City 06140, Mexico (Hipódromo Condesa)
Improve this listing
Neighborhood: Hipódromo Condesa
Neighborhood: Hipódromo Condesa
Melbourne
“A true hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

Found this cosy little restaurant called Romagnoli in the Condesa area, Zamora 172 to be precise. La Condesa is well known for it's eating places.

Definitely worth a visit. For around US$10-15 you'll get an awesome 3 course meal. It's usually starts with a very homestyle/traditional soup, a simple/clean salad and a delicous main meal. I was amazed at the quality of the food. Ate there 3 out of 7 days Mexico City. Every meal was different, equally creative yet adhering closely to a mexican flavour. Eg. day 1 a sumptous chicken maryland cooked in some tomatoey broth, with prunes, nuts and pineapple. Falls off the bone! Day 2 I had the best salmon slice I've ever had drenched in this one-of-a-kind dressing I can't even describe. Day 3 was a pork in green mole. A traditional dish with a twist. Amazing.

I found out the chef's name is Juliocesar. I've eaten in many top restaurants in my travels but this guy is up there. When you're in Mexico City, check them out. Only problem is, they are open Mexican dining times: 2-6pm.