Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 5 De Febrero | No. 24 Colonia Centro, Mexico City 06060, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book Today
Ranked #12 of 282 hotels in Mexico City
Shenzhen, China
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Since 2010, every time I came to Mexico City, I stayed this hotel.This hotel is located in the historical center. Around the hotel, you will find many traditional buildings which are very good for the tourists. Comfortable and quite rooms make you be at home. There are many good restaruants around the hotel. The staffs there are very kind and nice. It is worthying choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: The swimming pool and room service is not available at this moment. But the Fisher restaruant downs...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

929 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! I'm so happy we found it and will be loyal to it as long as their great service and beautiful building is maintained.

Pros:
Comfortable beds
Good breakfasts
Quiet inside hotel
Great location
Friendly, helpful staff- the entire staff!
Next to pharmacy
King suite so spacious and tv inside room and out
Wifi (slow, but to be expected at a hotel)
Rooftop terrace...beautiful space, especially for a wiggly toddler to blow off steam!
Laundry!!! :)
Clean

Cons:
Regular rooms are very small (just enough room for a pack n play if you are traveling with a baby)

I recommend bringing a noise machine if you are traveling with a baby in downtown Mexico City because there are street noises and it helps drown them out. You will find street noises in any hotel in the center of the city. It's not bad at all, but if you are not used to that, bring a noise machine and it will drown it right out... Or, if you forget, our room actually had a clock with sounds on it. Nice.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My Wife and I had been planning our visit to Mexico City for some time, going to visit Mom as this year she couldn’t come to Chicago, and after 10 years of not being back to my Home Town, it was a big deal, and part of it was to also celebrate our Anniversary in a special way, we stayed a whole week visiting Mexico City and surroundings.

Security and safety was our main concern and the idea of staying one night, at a hotel in downtown Mexico City, ringed in our mind when we finally confirmed that we were going, and found it very romantic, so our search for a Nice, Comfortable, Safe and close location to Zocalo / Downtown were priority points to consider to pick a hotel.

Well, we found our best option and this hotel met all our expectations, since the moment we found it online until the moment we left back home that evening, we’ll say this, in a very sincere and cheerful way:
Perfecto, Excelente, BRAVO!!! Hospitality at its best!!!

What a friendly staff, they all went above and beyond, any question that you had, they were glad to help and answer, the concierge, excellent; he answered the thousands of questions my wife and I shot at him.

My wife was very impressed with the hotel itself, with the staff kindness, with the service, the price, the location. She loved it.

So I had planned a whole two-day tour for my wife as I knew the city very well, and told her we had to start early to be able to take advantage of visiting many attractions and historical sites, we purchased a one day TuriBus Pass for each one of us, to be able to visit all Reforma and Downtown main attractions and locations, my Mom lives out in a Suburb called C. Izcalli, so we took a taxi to the hotel and by 830- 9am due to traffic, we were at the hotel, this on a Tuesday, we went up to the front desk and asked them if they could hold our bags until check in time so we didn’t have to be carrying them while we toured the city and had breakfast.

Oh Surprise, wow… they welcomed us with a great smile, and told us that actually a room was ready and they had just cleaned it, so that if we wanted, we could go into our room, and drop our bags instead of leaving them in the front desk, they even said that that is something they don’t usually do or honor, but at our advantage, it was available, and the two reps at the front desk, agreed to it, so I can say that their customer service and hospitality prevailed on taking that decision for us guests!

We stayed on a King Size bedroom, and wow were we surprised by the space in the room, such comfortable bed, we had free WIFI that was such a PLUS, Cable, the amenities in the room are nice, and the bathroom was perfect , the décor is great, the whole ambiance in the hotel was just amazing in every way.

After this, we got ready and walked out of the hotel and went to have breakfast at the Azulejos Restaurant in Madero and Eje Central, all said here, we started our tour walk by downtown we were so close to the Madero street, that now has turned into a walk path when before it was a main street into Zocalo.

This is a great well located and beautiful building, it’s architecture is unique, and it’s right in the heart of Mexico City's Centro Historico, 2 blocks away walking distance from the main square, ZOCALO, Palacio Nacional, Catedral Metropolitana etc, with a great stained glass lobby roof, elevator, clean and always with that fresh look, it just doesn’t lose its outside appearance to blend with the rest of the Colonial style buildings around it and when you come inside, the look is amazing, fresh, clean, and still, keeping the modern/colonial style a nice hotel like this can offer.

The Breakfast included, is a buffet style, and I’ll say, best one ever, including scrambled eggs, ham, and some Mexican Breakfast too, like Molletes, salsas etc…. cereal too, all you can think off, fresh fruit etc… we ate of from real cutlery, not paper and plastic and there was ladies removing used dishes from the tables.

Not too long ago, I found out that this hotel was restored in supervision of the National Museum of Anthropology and History and the National Museum of Fine Arts, and wow did they do a great job.
We went for dinner to a Restaurant nearby on a terrace, with a view of the Zocalo, and again, it was walking distance, when we got back late by 11p, a security man was always at the door, at all times, and at no time did we feel unsafe or that we were in danger.

Once by accident I took the elevator to the 5th floor, I knew there was a terrace, but one of the guys of the hotels staff showed me something that some yet might be hidden, on the top of the building by the 6th floor, they still have the engine of the old elevator, the second elevator installed in Mexico City back then, it’s restored, and safeguarded, but you can still see it. Now of course is not in use, but it’s just a little part of history in this hotel, the Terraza is awesome, you have great views of the City… and it’s open 24hrs.

Next Morning on Wednesday, at time to check out from the hotel, we still had a few sites to visit, so we asked front desk if it be possible to safeguard our bags and picked them up at a later time, I was not even done asking this when the gentlemen was already handing me a tag to claim my bags later in the day, and there was no limit on this, to take as long as we needed too, which made it even a more convenient location to recommend and stay next time too…. Just wowed in every way!

We had to take a taxi that day to the Train Station and use the Suburbano to get back to Izcalli, the concierge made sure to call for a taxi for us, to take a safe ride back home.

I’m sure that from general management, reservations, housekeeping and maintenance staff they are always always smiling and ready to help you with whatever you need. The hospitality is awesome; it just exceeded our expectations in every way! I’m really bad in remembering names but to all staff that took care of us those two day....all I have to say is GREAT JOB and GRACIAS!

This is definitely the place to stay when visiting Mexico City and we will sure return and stay at this hotel again.

David and Veronica Guerrero June 18th

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It is a beautiful hotel located within walking distance to the cent square of Mexico City there are plenty of great places to eat and sights to see within close proximity
The staff were very friendly and spoke English. The room itself was very comfortable, the bed was large and felt new. Showers, air con, decor, etc was all great too. Free wifi was a plus, but expected in hotels these days.
I would definitely go back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A beautiful building in the heart of Mexico City's Centro Historico, it's almost incongruous that the hotel - with a stained glass lobby roof, no less - is a Hampton Inn! No matter though, since it really is a great place to stay when visiting this huge (and difficult to get around) city. Located just a short stroll away from Zocalo and the historical monuments around it, while at the same time being close(ish) to Plaza Garibaldi, this hotel is highly recommended for leisure travellers of all ages. Hampton Inn makes a great base for exploring what is otherwise a difficult-to-navigate city.

It's not all about the location though. The standard rooms, though a little compact, are comfortable and have all the mod cons. The staff was friendly, and the concierge, excellent. He patiently fielded the thousands of questions my wife and I shot at him, and gave great recommendations for activities around the city. Despite the busy weekend, the front desk staff switched our rooms when the first room we were allotted (without an outside view) turned out to be a little claustrophobic for my wife.

Ironically, the room on the smoking floor, with an outside view, better suited the for us non-smokers. The rooms are a little cramped, probably by virtue of being an old building, but no more so than hotels in Paris or New York. The rooms do tend to get a little warm though, with the air-conditioning unit unable to cool the room evenly.

The breakfast and wi-fi are free, but both have their limitations. For breakfast, the baked goodies and cold items were way better than the hot items, and wi-fi connectivity is poor in many parts of the room. Another small grouse - the quantity of complimentary drinking water was severely inadequate.

There are a couple of excellent food options in the ground floor of the hotel, though there is no room service. The seafood restaurant in particular is great, with fresh seafood at a decent price.

On balance though, this hotel is excellent value for money and a win-win choice. What it lacks in luxury, it makes up in cosiness, service and location!

Room Tip: Do NOT choose a room with a corridor or courtyard view. Ensure you get a room which looks outside. G...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Harvey, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My friends and I spent several days at this interesting hotel in Mexico City and would go back there any time. The staff are all friendly and so helpful. I can't remember everyone by name but do remember Janet, Tania, and another great desk clerk, and Erik and Alejandro, the concierges, and commend them for all the help they gave us. Those whose names I don't know, but who were especially friendly and helpful are the computer technology man, and the bellman who carried my bags to our taxi when we left.

The hotel is right in the middle of the downtown historic center, among stores and businesses and people. A security man was always at the door, and we felt safe. The hotel has been updated and renovated and was lovely. We stayed in a smoking room on sixth floor because we wanted two beds and nothing else was available. We couldn't smell smoke at all in the room. One of the clerks took us there to inspect it and on the way down in the elevator, another staff person joined us. He spoke in Spanish to the clerk and she very diplomatically answered him in Spanish. He asked her something like "Are they giving you more trouble?" Yes, my friend speaks Spanish! We thought it was funny. A good reason not to assume that all Americans speak only English.

The complimentary breakfasts were delicious, hearty, and Mexican. We had something different every day, and we ate from pottery and real cutlery, not paper and plastic. The breakfast ladies removed our dishes from the tables and were gracious and kind.

I loved this wonderful historic hotel just as I am a big fan of many Hampton Inns. There was no pool nor did we have room service, and I did wish there had been a pool and spa. We all loved Mexico City and would go again any time. At no time did we feel unsafe or that we were in danger.

Room Tip: The suites are much better than a room. We did not have a fridge or microwave as did our friends in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Over the course of the trip, which involved a couple of stays, we were in 3 rooms. They were all spotless. The employees were wonderful. The 2 concierges were very helpful and spoke English well. They both went out of their way to assist us in getting around the city easily. One concierge gave us a brief tour that showed us why the history of the hotel is so interesting. The morning breakfast is good enough, although it's hard for the staff to keep the area clean during the rush. Good location for walking around in the historical district.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor, in a quiet area. Hope that your neighbors know how to close a door quietly!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico? Share your experiences!