“Definitely I’ll come back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Condesa

Hostal Condesa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Hostal Condesa
You added Hostal Condesa to your Saves list
Av. Tamaulipas 197 | Col. Hipodormo Condesa, Mexico City 06170, Mexico   |
Argentina
“Definitely I’ll come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I stayed in Hostal Condesa for three nights. It was such a good experience, I have been traveling in Mexico and my last stop was Mexico City. I was a little bit worried because I heard some not so good things about security. From the moment I made the reservation it was a good experience. I booked a private room and it was really nice. The hostel has a common area with Cable TV and a computer but for my surprise I had my own TV in the room. I wasn’t expecting this in a Hostel.
The location is spectacular with lots of young people, bars and restaurants in a walking distance. I really recommend this hostel if you want to be in a very clean place and in the middle of all the night life in Mexico City!!! Definitely I’ll come back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is a lovely little hostel, located in a beautiful area of Mexico city. Feels very safe and clean, breakfast is good and staff are very friendly, although basic spanish would be recommended in order to communicate.

It could do with having a little more information about the area available on arrival, map etc. Other than that no complaints, would recommend

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is a lovely hostel located in a great neighbourhood. Unlike the experience of the last reviewer, we found the service outstanding. We arrived at 7am and were unsure as to whether we would be allowed in. We rang the doorbell a few times and a sleepy porter came to answer the door. We told him we had a reservation and within 15 mins, our private room was ready. Shocking - when would you get such service? Never in a small hotel, let alone a hostel!

We were really grateful for the hot shower and bed as we had just gotten off an overnight bus ride. Anyhow, the place was clean and the breakfasts were very tasty! The location is fantastic and the neighbourhood is great!

We did, however, decide to move elsewhere as it was the end of our 3 week trip and we had bad bellies and needed some comfort so the lack of an en-suite private bathroom, and the falling through the beds, convinced us to move elsewhere. However, if not for that small fact, we would not have moved!

Just a few cons:
- If you get a private room next to the bathroom, very noisy.
- Not really easy to meet other travellers as the rooms are all in different sections.
- For a double bed, they put two twin beds together so we ended up falling through the crack at night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
london, england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

I don't like to leave a negative review but this really was not a good experience. We had been travelling in Central America for seven weeks and chose this hostel for our final night of the trip based on the reviews.

We emailed in advance and asked for a private room with bathroom as it was our last night and we wanted to relax. The email communication was great and we were really looking forward to it.

We informed them of our arrival time but when we arrived there was no one around to let us in. We stood outside for a good 5 minutes with our stuff and eventually a fellow guest arrived and let us in. There was no one at reception at this point.

Someone did let us into the room a few minutes later, the bed was unmade and still had the previous occupants sheets on and there was no bathroom. The room was also next to the kitchen which seemed ok but had dirty dishes in the sink.

The person who had emailed us arrived about 10 minutes later only to inform us that none of the rooms actually have bathrooms at this point. She apologised for the sheets and promised to bring us some. A further 10 minutes past and nothing arrived so we simply left as it was really not a good impression.

We had stayed in budget accommodation for the whole trip so were not expecting hotel standards but this was not what we were expecting after reading the reviews. We paid a bit extra and got a really nice hotel which was a shame as Condesa could have great potential.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Really enjoyed our stay, it was close to nightlife, and the subway station was a 5 minute walk. Free breakfast was great, as was the internet.
Very secure and safe, friendly staff, made our first stop in Mexico very enjoyable!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

Travelled with a group of 5 male friends down through Mexico after SXSW festival and this hostel was absolutely perfect.

Its extremely safe, as is all of Condesa, and this hostel represents outstanding value given the surroundings (think the Knightsbridge of Mexico City!).

The hostess could not have made us feel more welcome, the rooms were perfectly laid out /spotless and the breakfasts were excellent.

It is very peaceful inside with a buzzing nightlife outside. Plenty of nice bars, restaurants and shops within a few minutes walk (also a laundrette and a cobblers which is essential for anyone coming back from a festival).

Highly, highly recommend this hostel, probably the best hostel i have ever stayed in!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

I loved this place. Great neighborhood, right next to the metro, nice staff and a cool chilling room area; what more do you want? My only complaint is that I'm there right now and I can't get to sleep because of the noise, but that's a small price to pay for such a great location. Stay here!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hostal Condesa? Share your experiences!